Afghanistan

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I wonder how much this bomb cost, how many Isis it killed vs civilians and who is on the board of the company that makes it.

Wicked_Badger

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
It was first tested back in 2003 so well before Obama & Trump. Likely to be a Bush or late Clinton effort, although I seriously doubt stuff like this changes much from administration to administration.
Clinton was gone by 2003. The weapon in question the specific bomb was most likely built during the Bush or Obama years

Edit; Article linked a few posts down indicate the inventory was bought in 2011.

Last edited:

Tarrou

Last edited:

JustAFan

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
15.7 million? feck. The shit that country could do with the money they throw away on killing arabs. Insane.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Second attempt:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I really wish the US political/military establishment would stop releasing these videos whenever they take significant actions - are we all supposed to f*cking impressed by oh-so-techy killing? War is not a videogame or a movie.

JustAFan

I really wish the US political/military establishment would stop releasing these videos whenever they take significant actions - are we all supposed to f*cking impressed by oh-so-techy killing? War is not a videogame or a movie.
And yet others were asking about video evidence. but yeah we can live without the videos or the bombings

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
The way this bombing was staged as a worldwide PR coup, you'd expect the Americans to have taken great care making sure their intelligence was 100% accurate. If it turns out that civilians were killed, it would have the exact opposite of the desired propaganda effect, especially after so much boasting about the 'mother of all bombs'. Still no guarantee that nothing can go wrong like it did so often before, but everything else would really surprise me.

Other than that, what a horrible weapon.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ps-non-nuclear-bomb-afghanistan-islamic-state

....Dawlat Waziri, an Afghan ministry spokesman said of Thursday’s strike: “No civilian has been hurt and only the base, which Daesh used to launch attacks in other parts of the province, was destroyed.”......
I've no idea about the truth. However, US and Afghan officials are bound to underplay any harm to the population. Any talk of innocents dying would cause the inevitable backlash.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I've no idea about the truth. However, US and Afghan officials are bound to underplay any harm to the population. Any talk of innocents dying would cause the inevitable backlash.
Afghan officials are generally pretty vocal about civilian casualties. I've dealt with the governors of Nangarhar and Kunar in the past and they definitely didn't hold back.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Maybe it was just a show of strength on a completely remote place. ISIS being just a narrative. Afghanistan is one of few countries where dropping this bomb is possible for US at the moment.

Fergies Gum

Wonder how they could identify the number of dead. From what i've read the damage from the blast would incinerate those people in the vicinity.