g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

African Cup of Nations 2021 (played in 2022) | Final: Senegal v Egypt, 7 PM UK time

Pintu

I can't understand Mendy's decision there. He should have come out but waited and gave Traoré a chance to shoot.. bailed out by Koulibaly's impressive recovery.

Pintu

Two defenders to the rescue. Diallo with a deserved lead for Senegal after Koulibaly's effort.

Pintu

Senegal looks like the solid team we expected. Still, only 1 goal conceded in 6 games.

CloneMC16

That's a great finish by Mane. I thought he'd fecked it after his 2nd touch.

Nedu

Supports
Barcelona
Very very impressed with this referee.

Very good calls so far. Confident enough to change his decision when called by VAR.

Consistent in his decisions and not fooled by the diving tactics

Looks very much in control of the game.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Senegal have gone about this tournament like a proper top side, started unremarkably, then slowly grown into their stride as the rounds have progressed with more and more solid performances. They look like serious contenders for the trophy now. I wouldn’t have thought/said this a week ago.

Also, excellent refereeing today, I thought the ref was really good.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Senegal have gone about this tournament like a proper top side, started unremarkably, then slowly grown into their stride as the rounds have progressed with more and more solid performances. They look like serious contenders for the trophy now. I wouldn’t have thought/said this a week ago.

Also, excellent refereeing today, I thought the ref was really good.
Felt the same.

Pintu

Both Egypt and Cameroon have so many titles. I hope Senegal can finally win their first.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Where can I watch the goals? Youtube clips are trolling me.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think CAF would benefit from having the top teams play each other more, similar to the top tier of the UEFA nations league. The teams aren't tested nearly enough, which is a detriment come the WC.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hope Mane is using this tournament to find some form. He's been a bit crap for us recently. Competition for his place from Luis Diaz will help too.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
I think CAF would benefit from having the top teams play each other more, similar to the top tier of the UEFA nations league. The teams aren't tested nearly enough, which is a detriment come the WC.
I totally agree with this. I’ve been wishing for something like a Nations’ League from CAF. Hope it happens sometime soon.

NoPace

Hope Mane is using this tournament to find some form. He's been a bit crap for us recently. Competition for his place from Luis Diaz will help too.
I'm curious to see if he'll end up as the 9 over Jota if Diaz looks great right away. Has Mane gotten a run of games there for Klopp?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Dreadful game but to be expected from a team managed by Carlos, it probably will go to the shootouts.

jeff_goldblum

What's the format for this, extra time and pens or straight to pens after the 90?

EDIT: Never mind, commentator has just said extra time