African Cup of Nations 2021 (played in 2022) | Final: Senegal v Egypt, 7 PM UK time

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What would have this thread have been without those who watched while calling it unwatchable
I think it's been a decent game to watch, does have a bit of a Salah Mane edge to it. Rare you get players face off like that in a major final these days.

Quite even game, Senegal had best chances and the pen obviously.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I've really enjoyed this tournament, been one of the more memorable AFCONs in recent years, and the quality of the teams have noticeably improved.*

* not Ghana though :(

el3mel

This Senegal side is way too strong unfortunately. Will need a near miracle to defeat them in WC qualifiers. Physically and quality wise they're top.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I've really enjoyed this tournament, been one of the more memorable AFCONs in recent years, and the quality of the teams have noticeably improved.*

* not Ghana though :(
I agree. Its been fun to watch.

SamVimes

Senegal will only have themselves to blame if they lose this. By far the better team.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Egypt are going to sneak this with a Salah madness and its going to be a fecking travesty.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
FFS someone score in this crap final. Don't take it to yet another boring extra time for Mane and Salah! :mad:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Egypt are AFCON football 'eritage. I wouldn't be surprised to see them snatch this.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This second half has been rubbish. Someone liven this up.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Well I've only watched the last half hour or so but this is God awful so far.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Fecks sakes, extra time. Can't wait to see the back of this infernal tournament. :rolleyes:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
When you stop and think about it. Extra time is a weird concept. Two teams haven't scored in 90 minutes, what's going to change in another 30. Just get to penalties. It's a waste of time more often than not.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
When you stop and think about it. Extra time is a weird concept. Two teams haven't scored in 90 minutes, what's going to change in another 30. Just get to penalties. It's a waste of time more often than not.
I only ever enjoyed it when it was golden goal during ET. Now it's just a 30 mins precession for penalties