Aguero's elbow on Reid | Appeal rejected - Three match ban

Ban

On topic: Serves him right, as expected.
We should of course be careful, they still have a lot of firepower so even with him missing it will be a tough game. Very tough.

SomeRandomPerson

Saw this on twitter in a discussion about City trying to appeal the Aguero ban by arguing that the referee saw the incident, proving it with video evidence etc. and this just feels incredible coming from a former Premier League referee:

It certainly has my curiosity as to when it happened and who was involved.

Ban

Saw this on twitter in a discussion about City trying to appeal the Aguero ban by arguing that the referee saw the incident, proving it with video evidence etc. and this just feels incredible coming from a former Premier League referee:

So he saw an incident which was red card worthy and didn't do anything?

podurban2

He flung his arm to shake Reid off as many players do - he didn't make contact with his elbow. Reid clearly feigned injury hoping to get Aguero in trouble. Well it worked and he is banned.

No excuse for you guys not to win the derby now :lol:
Why do you create this alternative reality for yourself? I just don't see the point really.

jungledrums

In regard to the tweets, apparently he also said (when further questioned), "To be fair to the FA... it's not them. It comes from within the PGMOL."

And upon further reading...: "PGMOL was formed in 2001 to improve refereeing standards and provides officials for across the premier league, Football league and FA competitions, receiving funding from all three bodies."

Got all this info from the Mirror, by the way.

sugar_kane

In a way I'm disappointed, would have preferred to face off against a full strength City team.

It's going to be tough either way, and would have been much sweeter if we had beaten them with their best player and no excuses.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

That's awfully close to bringing the game into disrepute. I hope some investigators jump on this asap, police to follow.

Amir

When rules are silly, it only makes sense that people will abuse them. It's so much easier for a ref to say 'I didn't see it' rather than 'I saw it and still didn't make the correct decision'.

I refereeing decisions could be altered after a match regardless of the ref seeing the incident or not, it wouldn't have happened.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
In a way I'm disappointed, would have preferred to face off against a full strength City team.

It's going to be tough either way, and would have been much sweeter if we had beaten them with their best player and no excuses.
Don't fret. They're still a very good side even without Aguero. A lot of this forum rates Iheanacho ahead of Rashford so it's not as if they will have a donkey as back up.

MDFC Manager

I don't understand this POV. I guess it's just sentimental fan-speak.

We may well have beaten city with Aguero, but as title rivals isn't it better to have their best player out of the following two games against weaker opposition?

Ban

That's silly. It wouldn't have been any sweeter. It would and will be sweet to beat them with or without Aguero. And as it was said they still have enough firewpower to hurt us even without him..

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

We may well have beaten city with Aguero, but as title rivals isn't it better to have their best player out of the following two games against weaker opposition?
This, with Auguero playing.they might score more goals as well. Recently we lost the title and cl spot on GD.

Fully Fledged

Don't fret. They're still a very good side even without Aguero. A lot of this forum rates Iheanacho ahead of Rashford so it's not as if they will have a donkey as back up.
They'll probably play with a false 9 seeing as the match is at OT. They have a massive amount of attacking players who could play just in front of our defense attempting to pull us out of position.

One of those two games are in the ELC which is disappointing. I would like them to lose him for 3 league games.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The next time one of our players gets away with an elbow, Bluemoon will explode. It will be Ragnarök.

Cityfaninpeace

Supports
Man City
I'm not joking about your username and by the looks of things neither is anyone else. You're not here "in peace", constantly take the piss, and it's your one eyed view of anything you perceive as being "anti City" that is boring.
You're talking nonsense like usual. Please point out my 'anti-city' posts? Haha

Sparky Rhiwabon

They'll probably play with a false 9 seeing as the match is at OT. They have a massive amount of attacking players who could play just in front of our defense attempting to pull us out of position.
I agree with this - either Sterling or Nolitto (probably the latter) could play this role - both of whom have been playing well lately (better than Aguero who hasn't actually been at his best)

montpelier

I don't think Halsey means that. I would suggest it means

1 - He saw the incident

2 - Didn't think it was a red card - no action on player

3 - it looks awful on video

4 - someone tells Halsey to say he didn't see incident X so they can revisit & suspend

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings

I like my football with a bit of sentiment actually, especially when it comes to a derby. Obviously the practical side of me is happy that our chances of conceding has decreased, but I personally love seeing United play the best at their best. Still, as others have mentioned, it's not by any means guaranteed now.

Djemba-Djemba

I like my football with a bit of sentiment actually, especially when it comes to a derby. Obviously the practical side of me is happy that our chances of conceding has decreased, but I personally love seeing United play the best at their best. Still, as others have mentioned, it's not by any means guaranteed now.
But that's when sentiment matters the least of all.

When it comes to the derby, just win.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
But that's when sentiment matters the least of all.

When it comes to the derby, just win.
I want everything, and everything is to win the derby, play well, score goals, don't concede goals, beat them at their best. I want everything.

djdhrubs

I want everything, and everything is to win the derby, play well, score goals, don't concede goals, beat them at their best. I want everything.
Then you're not thinking straight. I want us to win well but I want us to win fairly. If we play against a team who have a player who should be suspended, it's not a fair game, on us.

You're also not thinking about the other two games City would play with a player who shouldn't be playing. You're also not thinking about how West Ham weren't fairly treated having to play the last 20 mins just one goal down against a team who should have played with 10 men.

Are you one of those odd people who would prefer it if we win the derby without Mkhi if his injury rules him out, just to say we could do it without him?

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Then you're not thinking straight. I want us to win well but I want us to win fairly. If we play against a team who have a player who should be suspended, it's not a fair game, on us.

You're also not thinking about the other two games City would play with a player who shouldn't be playing. You're also not thinking about how West Ham weren't fairly treated having to play the last 20 mins just one goal down against a team who should have played with 10 men.

Are you one of those odd people who would prefer it if we win the derby without Mkhi if his injury rules him out, just to say we could do it without him?
Okay that quote was a joke, it's the Jose one from the beginning of the season.

Look, I'm not pissed now that Aguero is missing or anything. I won't be displeased with a victory. I'd take a win over an Aguero-less City over a loss against them with him, obviously. But like I said before, there is that part of me that loves seeing United playing good teams at their best, it's as simple as that.

SomeRandomPerson

Not only is he admitting not to have shown the red card, but also that he later perjured himself when brought to appeal.

In regard to the tweets, apparently he also said (when further questioned), "To be fair to the FA... it's not them. It comes from within the PGMOL."

And upon further reading...: "PGMOL was formed in 2001 to improve refereeing standards and provides officials for across the premier league, Football league and FA competitions, receiving funding from all three bodies."

Got all this info from the Mirror, by the way.
Which still brings about the issue of being less than honest. If it isn't coming from the FA, it gives the consolation that the FA weren't (on this occasion) favouring any particular team. But the PGMOL doing so seems a blatant attempt to acquit themselves of error. Nobody could accuse the referee of a poor/wrong decision when he didn't see it (a lie as it turns out).

That's awfully close to bringing the game into disrepute. I hope some investigators jump on this asap, police to follow.
Yep, seems a rather shocking admission. Further enquiry should no doubt follow. The phrase "opening a can of worms" comes to mind.

I'd love to find out who/when etc. about this one.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

Iheanacho getting ready for the derby in Aguero's absence. Be interesting to see if Pep starts him or goes for Nolito/Sterling. Have a feeling he might go for Nolito, bring Gundogan in and push KdB out wide.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Iheanacho getting ready for the derby in Aguero's absence. Be interesting to see if Pep starts him or goes for Nolito/Sterling. Have a feeling he might go for Nolito, bring Gundogan in and push KdB out wide.
Wouldn't surprise me if this was the front 6

Nolito
Sterling Silva Navas
Fernandinho KDB​

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused

He looks like he is going to be a great player, some very good young strikers around at the moment.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I don't get the "want to play the strongest possible City side"- argument.
I want 3 points against every team.
The season is 38 games, the rules are the same for every team, if they feck up like this, the player gets a ban.
It's about getting the highest possible amount of points during a season.
If a player mess up, they lose him for some matches, and risk getting fewer points.
I'd be happy if they play their second team and we win with 6 goals, or if we play their best team and win a tight game 1-0.