Aguero's elbow on Reid | Appeal rejected - Three match ban

VanGaalEra

The only unfair situation here is that the ref didn't send Aguero off, leaving City to play with 10 men for the final 20 mins and potentially dropping points.

If City fans are now saying, the ref must have seen the incident he's corrupt if he says he didn't, then why didn't he send Aguero off? The only advantage in this situation was City's.

pauldyson1uk

Your point ?
You wont find a single poster on here that thinks this is acceptable, despite what Bluemoon and RAWK say , we know he is a dirt player and 99% dont like it.
City fans are going on like Aguero is some sort of angel, he has got away with some really bad fouls in the past.
I have had City fans saying that the ref saw it and did not think it was anything, which is just wrong.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I was thinking this. If a charge was likely, I thought we'd have heard about it by now. At least at the stage where the FA are wanting to charge him and Aguero has so long to appeal.
Wasn't yesterday bank holiday? If they're going to charge him then I think it will be announced around 5pm today.

Red1968

The only unfair situation here is that the ref didn't send Aguero off, leaving City to play with 10 men for the final 20 mins and potentially dropping points.

If City fans are now saying, the ref must have seen the incident he's corrupt if he says he didn't, then why didn't he send Aguero off? The only advantage in this situation was City's.
How does the ref not see that? Clear as day!! How does the linesman not see that? The 4th official? Sorry but that is incompetence at an incredible level. City deserved to be down a man. If he did see it he is obviously corrupt or afraid to make the call. Anyway you slice it, its unacceptable.

Djemba-Djemba

Our old pal Richard Keys says the ref has put in his report that he didn't see the elbow.

Which means a ban is almost certain.

izec

Winston Reid is the problem here. Elbowed by Schweini and Aguero, surely there is a pattern to be seen here. They should ban him for unsporting behaviour or whatever the feck he does to get elbowed.

Red Stone

The more I look at it, the more outraged I am that Zabaleta didn't get punished for viciously attacking Fellaini's elbow with his neck.

Could've killed him!

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're stating that you'd rather Aguero continue to elbow people, resulting in a ban, than have him "meekly take the kicking"? You can't possibly believe that?
No, what I'm saying is that I'd prefer him to be combative and not just let defenders hack his ankles all the way to a career shortening chronic injury. If that results in someone copping a bit back and him getting the odd ban then so be it. It's not like he's Sheared reincarnated, is it?

I also referred to Hazard, who was at one stage the most fouled player in Europe. He got up and got on with it. Januzaj the same, during his 'breakout' season. Ronaldo as a youngster too, and the list goes on. Aguero, as an experienced pro, should be better than that.
I've watched all of virtually every game he's played over the last 5 years and he for the most part does just get on with it, but taking a pounding over many seasons will change your attitude in time.
Not sure why you keep putting up rookie United players as examples of how strikers should behave. Their days of taking the treatment are not yet here and we'll see how they get on in say 5 years time. Hazard seemed to take most of last season being invisible to recuperate from the knocks he took before :)

In regard to Martial: I was only referring to one season at the top level when I referred to the amount of fouls on him.

VanGaalEra

The more I look at it, the more outraged I am that Zabaleta didn't get punished for viciously attacking Fellaini's elbow with his neck.

Could've killed him!
Why has he put his hands on Fellaini's ribs? Surely he should have been charged!

ZAGREB RED

He's only shrugging off the challenge :angel:
Fellaini's challenge is horrific, bordering on arrestable, could have done Zabaleta some serious damage. If Aguero gets banned for a few games, fine, from a United point of view, but he has pulled out of the Argentina squad for the upcoming internationals anyway with injury so the ban might be academic if his injury keeps him out for a few weeks.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To be honest, I am not sure whether it's a banning offence or not. Aguero tried to twat him for sure, but he actually missed, and the ref saw it. Morally, yes, he should probably get a ban, but since the ref saw it and since he didn't actually catch Reid, I am not sure.

EDIT: Oh, I see Mariner has decided he didn't see the incident he stared at at the time, so I assume Aguero will now get a ban.
You know that trying to harm someone is enough for punishment, right?

RedCurry

To be honest, I am not sure whether it's a banning offence or not. Aguero tried to twat him for sure, but he actually missed, and the ref saw it. Morally, yes, he should probably get a ban, but since the ref saw it and since he didn't actually catch Reid, I am not sure.

EDIT: Oh, I see Mariner has decided he didn't see the incident he stared at at the time, so I assume Aguero will now get a ban.
He obviously didn't see it even though it looks like he was staring right at it. Had he seen it, Aguero would've seen a red, got the ban without controversy and you guys might have dropped points.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Even that might be with new rules.
Nah Aguero's elbow wasn't 'exceptional' or 'unusual' enough for them to implement that here. If Marriner claimed he saw it that would have been the end of it but unfortunately for Sergio and City he hasn't.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

That's a good point to be fair. The way the game was going the red card could have quite easily given West Ham the push they needed to get an equaliser. At the end of the day Aguero was lucky to stay on the pitch and whatever happens after is his own fault, not Marriner's or the FA's.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

Ragspiracy?

Last edited:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I don't get fans defending such behavior. Players know the rules, they should be punished for such stupidity.

No one on here was defending Fellaini for that elbow, even though Zabaleta could've killed him!

arthurka

I don't get fans defending such behavior. Players know the rules, they should be punished for such stupidity.

No one on here was defending Fellaini for that elbow, even though Zabaleta could've killed him!
So lucky to escape that...
Could have been one horrible injury!

kps88

I think in a lot of these "I didn't see it" moments, the ref actually did see it but just messed up. It's one thing seeing the action in the middle of a fast paced game and another seeing it after the fact. I wish they just did away with the system altogether. It shouldn't matter if the ref saw it or not as long as the correct decision is reached at the end.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I think in a lot of these "I didn't see it" moments, the ref actually did see it but just messed up. It's one thing seeing the action in the middle of a fast paced game and another seeing it after the fact. I wish they just did away with the system altogether. It shouldn't matter if the ref saw it or not as long as the correct decision is reached at the end.
Totally agree, it's always been a silly rule. Referees are human and as such in the heat of the moment influenced by a lot of factors. There's no shame in admitting they made a mistake, and it's lead to a lot of players getting away with pretty nasty stuff over the years. I think McMannaman's challenge on Haidara was what caused them to revise the rules, and that was a disgracefully bad tackle that he got away with.

Steven Seagull

These incidents happen so quickly it's very difficult to process for the referee. If he didn't see it properly then it's probably a good decision to say so. If he said "yeah, I saw it and don't think it was a red card" he would look even more stupid. Because it obviously was

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I agree. They need to do away with that and let the correct decision be made. The FA just really don't like publicly undermining referees, even at the expense of the correct decision.

It's probably just easier for the referee to say he didn't see it. He may well have seen two players come together in a tussle, but still could have missed the swing of the elbow, the timing of it and the intent. Even when we see TV replays of incidents, some angles can be totally inconclusive, and another can be clear as day. Referee only gets one angle at ground level, in real time, and no replay. The rules don't seem to account for that. It seems that the governing bodies still want there to be a significant element of singular human judgement in the game. For whatever reason.

I don't envy referees. Their job gets harder and more ambiguous with every rule change/amendment.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes! the correct decision, thanks kun :drool: