Aguero's elbow on Reid | Appeal rejected - Three match ban

hobbers

Even if he appeals, the appeal will be heard before the match right?

So essentially appealing would just be taking a 4 game ban instead of 3 without even getting to play in the derby.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have no idea at all why they have the process where a player accepts or appeals a charge when there is video evidence involved. His plead should be irrelevant really.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Even if he appeals, the appeal will be heard before the match right?

So essentially appealing would just be taking a 4 game ban instead of 3 without even getting to play in the derby.
It doesn't work like that. He'll get 3 games anyway.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
This is the same City side that has faced injury ravaged sides in Stoke, West Ham and Sunderland so far.

You beat what is in front of you.

Aguero or not, we are still facing a damn good side and we will need to be at the top of our game to win.

LR7

I suppose City have nothing to lose and a lot to gain by contesting it, but I don't see how Aguero could possibly get away with it.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Do they still add an extra game on for frivolous appeals? Cause that would definitely class as frivolous. Imagine the rag conspiracy posts on blue moon if they do.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Do they still add an extra game on for frivolous appeals? Cause that would definitely class as frivolous. Imagine the rag conspiracy posts on blue moon if they do.
Don't think so, because the new set up is supposed to resolve all appeals before the next game, so teams can no longer try to game the system by trying to delay the suspension another week. At least that is what I read someplace (might have been in this thread)/

Riz

How can you appeal video evidence? And if there's no penalty for wasting the FA's time (e.g. ban extended by a further game), why doesn't everyone appeal every decision since there's nothing to lose?

Kostur

海尔的老板
How can you appeal video evidence? And if there's no penalty for wasting the FA's time (e.g. ban extended by a further game), why doesn't everyone appeal every decision since there's nothing to lose?
It's a typical face-to-elbow situation.

Irrational.

Utterly ridiculous. I'd understand them appealing if there was any doubt, but Aguero clearly and intentionally went to clock Reid.

No doubt this will perpetuate their media ragspiracies.

This is on the same level as the Suarez/ racist/ T-shirt incident. Embarrassing.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nah, City are doing the right thing. You always give a two weeks fine and appeal the decision.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If the panel has studied the video replay from every possible angle, what could City/Aguero possibly say to change their mind? It resulted in the player getting injured as well. I don't see how they can overturn it.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
If the panel has studied the video replay from every possible angle, what could City/Aguero possibly say to change their mind? It resulted in the player getting injured as well. I don't see how they can overturn it.
It won't get overturned, but Shitty were always going to appeal. Would imagine the appeal will include that how can the ref claim he never seen the incident when looking straight at it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It won't get overturned, but Shitty were always going to appeal. Would imagine the appeal will include that how can the ref claim he never seen the incident when looking straight at it.
Bingo.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
They could argue the panel's interpretation of the events in the video. Doubt they will do so successfully, but they will try.

VanGaalEra

I understand the lawyers of Bluemoon are preparing a counterclaim.

The claim being Reid punched Aguero in the face and clattered into the back of him first.

bleedred

why is it just three games even after appeal, and if that's the case, why isn't every player appealing??

Morpheus 7

Nothing to lose I suppose. It's a joke having an appeal, then again they are a joke of a club. They must have an interesting camera angle. Can't lose kun, they know they will be against it at Old Trafford this year! Maybe it's the fear of going there without him?

bleedred

Does city really think they have a case for defending Aguero's actions?
Bluemoon has got some very strong lawyers, I suppose they might help out...

If it was a murder trial, I'd say there wasn't enough evidence to convict.
Having replayed the TV footage (several times), I believe it is impossible that Marriner didn't see it. Basically, he has lied to the FA to protect his own reputation. In a court of law that would amount to perjury. For the record, I wouldn't have objected if he had sent Kun off at the time - harsh but within the law for him to do so.

Redlyn

Exactly. It wont work because the FA have surely thought this through and discussed with the ref that's why they charged him in the first place.

Vanrouge

I gather their appeal will be based on the Argentine cultural fact that this wasn't an elbow but a negrelbow, which might sound similar on the surface, but the latter is more of an endearment, the kind of elbow you throw in a friendly way.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I gather their appeal will be based on the Argentine cultural fact that this wasn't an elbow but a negrelbow, which might sound similar on the surface, but the latter is more of an endearment, the kind of elbow you throw in a friendly way.
El bowito.