Ahmaud Arbery Murder Trial / all three defendants found guilty of murder & hate crimes

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why does this trial get way less exposure than the Rittenhouse one?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Less controversial and anyone who is on the opposite of this one isn't going to be dumb enough to try and defend the men on trial.
I would have thought this was one much more controversial because it has a far more obvious racist vibe coming from the perpetrators.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And I thought when I amended this thread to include the Pillsbury Dough Boy's trial, this trial would overshadow it.

Cloud7

And I thought when I amended this thread to include the Pillsbury Dough Boy's trial, this trial would overshadow it.
This trial will overshadow it if those three Christmas hams don’t get the sentencing they deserve. At this point you would think there’s no way they can avoid what’s coming to them, but you never know these days.

SirAnderson

One word:
Drainy.

Suffice to say he lit up that thread and had many people chomping at the bit to rebuttal, reply and even get an "echo chamber" going apparently :lol:

But yeah, think this one is (hopefully) more clear cut and they will answer for what the did.

Drainy

One word:
Drainy.

Suffice to say he lit up that thread and had many people chomping at the bit to rebuttal, reply and even get an "echo chamber" going apparently :lol:

But yeah, think this one is (hopefully) more clear cut and they will answer for what the did.
Maybe on this forum, I swear I haven't been lighting up the entire internet! :lol:

I think most reasonable people understand that the McMichaels and Bryan were the aggressors in this case so unless the verdict becomes the story its not going to be as big a 'story' as the other trial.

With Rittenhouse it was a political football, but its a clear cut case once the facts are laid out. I'm not even right wing, but it pisses me off to see people who I would agree with on a lot of political subjects having such low information or emotive takes that don't reflect reality at all.

While I was growing up the left wing were the side of truth and justice, regardless of the person being scrutinised.

I'm just glad he sacked his previous lawyers otherwise it would be a million times worse.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Nobody is coming to the defense of the racist fecks. The media has tried different angles here, trial is less than 20 minutes away, but nobody expects or wants these guys to get less than the maximum sentence.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Nobody is coming to the defense of the racist fecks. The media has tried different angles here, trial is less than 20 minutes away, but nobody expects or wants these guys to get less than the maximum sentence.
Where are you located?

Mike Smalling

Will be interesting to see how they end up distinguishing between the three. I guess it is to be expected that both the McMichael's will get the same sentence, and Bryan will get off lighter.

Drainy

Will be interesting to see how they end up distinguishing between the three. I guess it is to be expected that both the McMichael's will get the same sentence, and Bryan will get off lighter.
Apparently Bryan committed an assault with his car by trying to block the road and almost hitting Arbery so hard to see him getting leniency.

Mike Smalling

Apparently Bryan committed an assault with his car by trying to block the road and almost hitting Arbery so hard to see him getting leniency.
Right, I actually thought he had mainly chased and filmed. Then he is just as culpable, I would say.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
just caught the last 10 min of the closing. Seems an open and shut case but all it takes is one person on that jury to channel their inner white supremacist and things will get tricky.

Drainy

Please explain, I’m at work.
The McMichaels' defence lawyer has been pleading with the jury to ignore the law (jury nullification) for most of closing, but threw is a random deliberately confusing argument about how it would be impossible if someone asked for him to prove his name, or his mother's name in the court if people called him a liar. It was just bizarre.

They have no legal defence so it was just pounding the table.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The McMichaels' defence lawyer has been pleading with the jury to ignore the law (jury nullification) for most of closing, but threw is a random deliberately confusing argument about how it would be impossible if someone asked for him to prove his name, or his mother's name in the court if people called him a liar. It was just bizarre.

They have no legal defence so it was just pounding the table.
As far as I understand, it's basically the courtroom equivalent of a Gish gallop.
Thanks!