Ahmaud Arbery Murder Trial / all three defendants found guilty of murder & hate crimes

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
"your honor I am getting a look from the jury"

Yeah, they are telling you to shut up.

Drainy

I only saw the prosecutor close today, but she apparently is a rock star from what I have read.

Oh, and there is no way this doesn't become a classic GIF.

:lol:

She's been fantastic from what I've seen. Sharp as a knife, dominant and clear with her communication.

Of course it helps when you have both the facts and the law on your side, but she's smashed it.

Drainy

Clever of the prosecutor to say her rebuttal will take 2 hours. I bet it doesn't, but the jury will be fresh for her to destroy all of the defence narratives before they go into deliberations.

Good chance for the verdict tomorrow, but maybe Wednesday.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
One of my brothers lives in Smyrna
The northern areas of Atlanta are my favorite. If it wasn’t for the traffic I would love to live in that area. My youngest son is about to attend Georgia State University in downtown Atlanta, so I will be seeing more of it.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The northern areas of Atlanta are my favorite. If it wasn’t for the traffic I would love to live in that area. My youngest son is about to attend Georgia State University in downtown Atlanta, so I will be seeing more of it.
Atlanta drivers are insane. I grew up and drove for 6 years in Los Angeles and those freeways have nothing on the insanity that is Atlanta.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Atlanta drivers are insane. I grew up and drove for 6 years in Los Angeles and those freeways have nothing on the insanity that is Atlanta.
I-285, the perimeter highway around ATL, is an absolute crapshoot. Toss in two interstate highways intersecting inside that chaos & it’s insane.

Drainy

Should be a fairly quick verdict I reckon. Probably tomorrow now.

Expect them to be cleared of the top charge but a clean sweep of guilties for the rest.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Nice, good to see these guys all get convicted and most likely see significant jail time.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Nah. Life. The death penalty is barbaric and an abomination.
I was for death many years ago but changed my stance over the years. I prefer the person sitting there contemplating the act for every minute of what remains of his/her miserable life, along with avoiding what comes with being in prison. I'm against solitary confinement though I might prefer that to being a booty warrior's conquest on the daily.

Dudu

Good.

But will they actually get life in prison during sentencing? Wouldn't surprise me if they get leniency in jail time.