Ashling Murphy murder

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The online stuff could be a handful of trolls (probably teens). Grim but inevitable. The real life stuff is more depressing. Imagine thinking that was a good way to use your time?
According to that article they have links to the Irish Freedom Party, so wasting their time twice over.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
A disgusting act that vile people are using to further their political agenda. I hope the poor young woman rests in peace and her family get some comfort in knowing the massive impact she has had and will continue to have in Ireland - far more than any of us will have.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
There really is no hope for the human race - too high a proportion are just inherent wankers.

Withnail

So it seems the suspect is in hospital after self harming, and cops poised to speak with him.
Yeah it seems that way. Although the wounds on his face are self inflicted, apparently he had obvious defensive wounds as well which is why the Gardai were alerted. I'm not sure if it's self harm or attempts to cover up evidence of a struggle.

Some of the family might be in a spot of bother too. He was seemingly whisked away to Dublin where he spent the night and was taken to the hospital the following day.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It mentions in the article that cyber-flashing isn't yet a criminal offence under Irish law, but surely that person can be identified and charged with some sort of offence?
Surely some harassment, indecent exposure or public order offence? Cyber-flashing is a new term on me.

Relfy

RIP Aisling. God only knows what the poor family must be going through right now. Some very moving scenes with all of the vigils last week. I hope that the attacker is caught and the family gets justice. Same applies to the other girl who was blinded last week. Let's hope that this doesn't continue. I never realised the full extent of fear that women go through every day doing normal things us lads take for granted until the Sarah Everard incident and sitting down and speaking openly with my wife.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Multiple posts on Twitter calling for Ronaldo's head off the back of this. The world is an odd and disgusting place.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Says a lot about the internet that I can't tell if he's posted in this thread by accident, he's tried to make a bad joke or someone is actually on social media blaming Ronaldo in some way.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Says a lot about the internet that I can't tell if he's posted in this thread by accident, he's tried to make a bad joke or someone is actually on social media blaming Ronaldo in some way.
You can see the link, right? I mean he’s obviously got nothing to do with the murder but you can understand why he would get drawn into the broader discussion.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
You can see the link, right? I mean he’s obviously got nothing to do with the murder but you can understand why he would get drawn into the broader discussion.
Reapersoul was giving out to a poster earlier today for bringing Ronaldo into discussions, so my first thought was this was some sort of weird joke about it. I hope it's not. I did a quick google to see if I could see anything related to Ronaldo and couldn't, but maybe I'm not versed enough on twitter.
You honestly need to let it go, it's really weird how you bring this into every single thread, even the fun threads. Most of the forum disagrees with you completely. Just drop it.
EDIT: well, maybe this single tweet?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Reapersoul was giving out to a poster earlier today for bringing Ronaldo into discussions, so my first thought was this was some sort of weird joke about it. I hope it's not. I did a quick google to see if I could see anything related to Ronaldo and couldn't, but maybe I'm not versed enough on twitter.

I’m surprised there’s just the one. But yeah, that’s the angle I would have expected. Same rationale that has Paddy Jackson trending.

AaronRedDevil

Looking for a man with a black tracksuit. Yeah that narrows it down. Go up the street and you find 20 of them here. Bastard probably gets away with it.

Withnail

Looking for a man with a black tracksuit. Yeah that narrows it down. Go up the street and you find 20 of them here. Bastard probably gets away with it.
It's probably the bloke in the hospital but they have the killer's DNA from her fighting back. It's a small town and it doesn't seem to have well planned if it was planned at all, I can't imagine whoever did it is going to get away with it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
DNA results usually takes a few weeks to come back, even in heavily publicised cases. By the sounds of things anything else they’ll have is circumstantial if CCTV isn’t of sufficient quality. Sounds fully like it’s the guy in the hospital?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

No, it wasn't a joke. Ronaldo was trending in Ireland today over it, Christ. That's such a fecking horrid and awful thing to say. Jesus.

The list goes on. Literally trending. Do a search on "Ronaldo" && "paddy Jackson" for a whole pile more results. I would never make a joke out of this.

Not continuing this discussion in here as it's horrifically uncouth. RIP to the poor girl.

Last edited:

Withnail

This twitter stuff is totally over-blown. I can find three tweets and one is a quote tweet of one of the others.

It doesn't take much to 'trend' on Irish twitter it seems.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
arrest made - I hope they have the right man and when its proved they do have the right man that he gets thrown to the dogs in the Joy

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Such a cliché that being a parent has made me into a soppy twat but it’s the kids from her school that gets me every time :(

We had a child murder here this week. Many sad aspects but her classmates and their parents in floods of tears when interviewed has us both blubbing a bit.

Deery

Dreary
Seems like a lot of people have taken offence to the children being used as props for the media coverage, saying they shouldn’t have been exposed to that in the first place and the family wanted privacy and the children’s faces have now been plastered all over newspapers and social media without the parents permission.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Second man arrested now. You'd have to assume it's the brother who picked up the suspect and brought him to Dublin. If it is, and he had knowledge of what happened, he deserves to be prosecuted too.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Seems like a lot of people have taken offence to the children being used as props for the media coverage, saying they shouldn’t have been exposed to that in the first place and the family wanted privacy and the children’s faces have now been plastered all over newspapers and social media without the parents permission.
The whole media is a disgrace, when it comes to reporting these sort of things, a neighbour had her face plastered all over the papers for waiving anonymity, when she was the victim. There should some common sense applied when it comes to the reporting of things.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Oof. Hadn’t thought of that. My bad. Will delete that post.

EDIT: nvm. Tweet already deleted.

Deery

Dreary
The whole media is a disgrace, when it comes to reporting these sort of things, a neighbour had her face plastered all over the papers for waiving anonymity, when she was the victim. There should some common sense applied when it comes to the reporting of things.
Heard a bad one about Mickey Hart the old Tyrone manager, on the day he buried his daughter Micheala (who was also murdered) he got something like 70 calls to his mobile phone asking for a specific interview. Shocking behaviour.
Oof. Hadn’t thought of that. My bad. Will delete that post.

EDIT: nvm. Tweet already deleted.
I didn’t think of it either until I read about it but you can see why people may be annoyed.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I have to admit it does make me feel uneasy seeing photos of children holding up photos of their dead teacher. It's traumatic enough knowing your teacher has died without having to go through everything else after.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I have to admit it does make me feel uneasy seeing photos of children holding up photos of their dead teacher. It's traumatic enough knowing your teacher has died without having to go through everything else after.
Ethics of photos aside, I think involving the kids in memorials might help give them a sense of closure. The ceremonial stuff a lot less traumatic than the loss itself. Although I agree there has to be a limit.