g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ajax - Man Utd | EL Final Build-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reynoldo

Team should be...

---------------Romero---------------
Valencia--Smalling--Blind--Darmian
---------------Carrick---------------
-------Herrera-------Pogba-------
Mata---------Rashford--------Mkhitaryan

Subs: De Gea, Jones, Tuanzebe, Fellaini, Rooney, Martial, Lingard
That team should beat Ajax

Kag

Do you know what really fecks me off? We win this final if we score more than one goal.

We have a great defensive record, but any good side can concede a goal. Score twice, and we'll win. It's all up to the manager to try and get this team to play with some zest and flair.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
He is their main LB. Was doing a pretty good job this season. They will probaly put Veltman or Riedewald there who aint LBs and Riedewald barely played this season (Out of form for sure) Overall a massive loss for them.
Sinkgraven is our main lb, not Viergever.

I don't actually think it's a big loss and that's only because Bosz uses him as a backup for Sinkgraven (Viergever usually is one of our 2 starting cb). Him and Sanchez form our best central defense and de Ligt can't replace him yet so that would be a big hit. As a leftback Viergever isn't hard to replace though. Riedewald has played well recently.

Munkehboi

Celta has beaten Barca and Real this season and put 4 goals passed Ajax , 2-2 draw, 3-2 loss so they are obviously a decent side.

Ajax have had some dodgy european results this season dont forget, they couldn't even beat Rostov in the qualifiers to make it into the Champions leauge.

prateik

Ok. I've decided ajax are shit and we are winning this. Champagne on ice already. Just waiting for the final whistle.

Reynoldo

Ok. I've decided ajax are shit and we are winning this. Champagne on ice already. Just waiting for the final whistle.
Ya thats the spirit...Pogba with an early thunderbastard and then 2 nil right before half time, see it out 2 nil in the end :devil:

Raw

Feck sake, just realised I have an exam on the same date as the final. Instead of concentrating on the exam all I'm going to be thinking about is the final!

cyberman

Feck sake, just realised I have an exam on the same date as the final. Instead of concentrating on the exam all I'm going to be thinking about is the final!
Back in 02 we had our leaving cert during every Ireland game in the world cup. The amount of people failing those tests because of it..
I still see our supervisor going mad when Keane scored the last min goal v Germany to get us through.. 200 in the hall looking for clues off him

Reynoldo

"Don't make me play in the sodding Europa League next season!"

(In all seriousness, the anguish on Jose's face was quite something - there's no way he could stomach another season out of the CL).
Its massive for him as well as us, winning this final that is. It feels like he needs it as much as we do to get us back on track.

Raw

Back in 02 we had our leaving cert during every Ireland game in the world cup. The amount of people failing those tests because of it..
I still see our supervisor going mad when Keane scored the last min goal v Germany to get us through.. 200 in the hall looking for clues off him
Bloody hell, thank feck my exam isn't during the final then :lol:

Jacko21

Its massive for him as well as us, winning this final that is. It feels like he needs it as much as we do to get us back on track.
Yeah. As a club, we can't move forward until we're back in the CL. For morale, as much as anything, it's vital.

Raw

Hopefully the last few PL games will help gauge which one out of Smalling or Jones should be starting the final.

Or they could both be so shit that we go with Tuanzebe instead.

juggernaut1986

I watched Ajax at the Arena a couple of months ago in an Eredivisie match against Sparta Rotterdam. They won that game easily but the opposition was poor. Ajax played a more possession oriented game unlike their swashbuckling performance against Lyon. I was really impressed by Davinson Sanchez, who I think, is their best defender. Dolberg needs no introduction. I also liked Chelsea loanee Bertrand Traore. Ajax's Europa League campaign has been a mixed bag. Their away performances have been poor but they fought back against Schalke against all odds. Ajax are definitely capable of beating us but this is where Jose excels. I expect us to win even though it is going to be ugly.

King Eric 7

The two we want to wrap most in cotton wool kinda need a bit of game time before this match. So do we play them and risk injury or just rely on training games to get them ready for this match? I'd like to think that the pair of them can remain injury free for the next couple of weeks at the very least.

Inter Yer Nan

Full team against Spurs and if we still have a shot at 4th, full team vs. Southampton if not then we've got to rest and with a full 7-10 days we've no excuses not to win this whatsoever.

el3mel

The two we want to wrap most in cotton wool kinda need a bit of game time before this match. So do we play them and risk injury or just rely on training games to get them ready for this match? I'd like to think that the pair of them can remain injury free for the next couple of weeks at the very least.
Smalling and Jones ? give them Spurs and South game then rest both against Palace.

shaky

Ajax are pants away from home. We are only pants at home. Easy win.

King Eric 7

Smalling and Jones ? give them Spurs and South game then rest both against Palace.
Yeah them. I agree - give them those two matches and rest them along with the other EL final starters for the match against Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.