Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Do we constantly have to drag Ronaldo into every discussion? :lol:

Luka Mora

Why make it about Ronaldo? :houllier: Bizarre
Bruno is happy to air out Garnacho about his attitude for reasons why he hasn't started yet he kept his mouth shut as captain when Ten hag didn't start ronaldo due to his despicable attitude over the summer carrying into the season

CloneMC16

Bruno is happy to air out Garnacho about his attitude for reasons why he hasn't started yet he kept his mouth shut as captain when Ten hag didn't start ronaldo due to his despicable attitude over the summer carrying into the season
Bruno will never call out his idol. It is what it is.

Garnacho is a young player and needs to be doing everything he can to impress. Hopefully whatever the issue was at the start of the season is dealt with and he can start to play a bit more now.

Ibi Dreams

I was surprised that he has tattoos all up his arms :lol: obviously this means nothing about his ability or attitude but it's a bit weird to see an 18 year old looking like that

anyway, brilliant goal today. The pace, touch and finish were all top class

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Is it just me that thinks he runs like Dan James?

Chief123

That’s true. When he was asked about Ronaldo situation a couple of weeks ago, he said it wasn’t something they would speak about and it gets dealt within the club. He should have had the same stance with Garnacho.

The United

I found it more like he was saying that they were not surprised how good Garnacho was and why he could not show it earlier. Don't think he was attacking the kid.

The United

That’s true. When he was asked about Ronaldo situation a couple of weeks ago, he said it wasn’t something they would speak about and it gets dealt within the club. He should have had the same stance with Garnacho.
I don't think Bruno was asked how good Ronaldo was there....

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Didn't come across like that to me at all. It's a positive, he didn't know what it took, now he does, he's doing it, he's getting rewarded. That's the message for all of them, no?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I found it more like he was saying that they were not surprised how good Garnacho was and why he could not show it earlier. Don't think he was attacking the kid.
I think the senior players are just trying to get him on the right path. If you watch the latest training video - aside from Mctominay nicking his hat Eriksen and Shaw are constantly making him go in the middle at the Rondos. He was getting pretty annoyed - was quite funny :lol:

The United

I think the senior players are just trying to get him on the right path. If you watch the latest training video - aside from Mctominay nicking his hat Eriksen and Shaw are constantly making him go in the middle at the Rondos. He was getting pretty annoyed - was quite funny :lol:
Of course, that's how they do there. I was just saying some people may be interpreting it wrong in a way that they (both ETH and Bruno) are attacking the kid personally. Speaking of Ronaldo, these guys may forget how much shite he got when he was here at 18. So much so that one of the greatest strikers had to leave. And Roy Keane was on Rooney's back the whole time according to Rooney himself when he was young.

I mean either people forgot or had no idea how these things work (at least in the past).

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Of course, that's how they do there. I was just saying some people may be interpreting it wrong in a way that they (both ETH and Bruno) are attacking the kid personally. Speaking of Ronaldo, these guys may forget how much shite he got when he was here at 18. So much so that one of the greatest strikers had to leave. And Roy Keane was on Rooney's back the whole time according to Rooney himself when he was young.

I mean either people forgot or had no idea how these things work (at least in the past).
Absolutely. The manager sets the standards and culture but it’s the senior players who enforce it.

He's got a proper attitude, its obvious from his demeanour as well as the comments and videos. If the manager and senior players can get him focused on the right path and channel that attitude he will be such a force. Its great how he runs straight at people looking to take them on and do something, rather than just playing safe passes the way many youngsters do.

RedDevil@84

Bruno praises the kid for having a great attitude and seizing a starting position in the team, which was not there in start of the season and caf moans about why Ronaldo that and this. Jeez!!!

Trex

That ability to dribble at full pace with close control and low center of gravity that helps him change direction is such a rear combination it would make him difficult for any fullback to play against.

croadyman

That ability to dribble at full pace with close control and low center of gravity that helps him change direction is such a rear combination it would make him difficult for any fullback to play against.
Be so nice if we had the players to give him minutes as and when like City did with Foden

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Most people weren't very keen on Rashford in u18s. He was a bit undersized and while he had a great reputation from the under ages he only really showed it at u18s in the second years inconsistently.

Greenwood was obvious and impactful immediately and it was clear to all how talented he was.

Garnacho is clearly a talent but nowhere near as rounded as Greenwood.
Maybe it’s just me but I prefer Garnacho. While Greenwood is a great natural finisher and has made greater impact, Garnacho is more of a threat to me and always tend to make things happen.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Exciting prospect, really surprising that he had a poor attitude on the tour but I think ETH is handling it very well and has clearly spoke with Bruno about keeping the lads feet on the ground.

Telsim

He seems to idolize Ronaldo, but I hope he realizes or is made to realize what got Ronaldo to where he is today - discipline, effort, and a monstrous competitive drive. Something which seems to be lost on so many young talents today once they get the big contract. If he can get these values internalized he is going to be a genuine star.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Two good performances in a row now. Very encouraging. I don't know if it's been mentioned but I didn't like Bruno mentioning his discipline issues in the post match interview. One thing for the manager to do it but I don't like players doing it. I understand it's a senior pro and a young kid but still keep that behind closed doors.

Already been made a talking point by talksport and BT. Bruno needs to stop saying everything he feels and be a bit smarter with the press.

Last edited:

Trex

Maybe it’s just me but I prefer Garnacho. While Greenwood is a great natural finisher and has made greater impact, Garnacho is more of a threat to me and always tend to make things happen.
Garnacho is more of a performer, more dynamic capable of getting involve and looking good in general play compared to Rashford and Greenwood at the same stage (Rashford often constantly ran into dead ends much like he still do but worse, it was exciting then though because of Van Gaal stale football, Greenwood was often anonymous till his moment of magic).
What Greenwood and Rashford brought was the ability to decide a game. But their general play was behind what Garnacho has shown in the Sheriff and Sociedad fixture.

AJ VII

Great to see him score and I think if he keeps his head down and focus on working hard he will get a lot of minutes this season. As he is only 18 years old it will take some time for him to influence games for the full 90 minutes, but he shows that he can be considered every week as a sub even when we have our strongest attackers back.

Hopefully it also makes Sancho work harder as he will soon be third choice on the left, and second choice on the right wing if not.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn't come across like that to me at all. It's a positive, he didn't know what it took, now he does, he's doing it, he's getting rewarded. That's the message for all of them, no?
Agreed.

Plus it's clear he idolizes Ronaldo. Recent things aside, if he recognises what it took for Ronaldo to reach the top and that desire and drive to become the best rubs off on him then it is only a good thing isn't it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
fecking snowflakes these days my god.

It was already reported Garnacho was late for team meetings / training and ended up missing games on the tour because of it.

They're clearly giving him a message that you need the right attitude and then you get rewarded.

Now he is behaving he is getting games. Why are people so shocked and surprised by that?

Anyway, beautiful goal by him. He's genuinely looks the most comfortable winger we have running with the ball

Nick7

Good goal. Needs a good bit of work for his all round play though. Bit of tough love from ETH and Bruno now about the mental side to the game. Hopefully it comes to him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People tripping comparing Greenwood to Garnacho or Rashford as talents. Greenwood was on a different stratosphere talent wise and it was that obvious.

jeepers

If only Greenwood had a brain and was a decent human being.. if only..

I’ve no doubt EtH will keep Garnacho’s feet firmly on the ground, so the only plausible reason he wouldn’t make it here is that he ends up believing in his own hype and becomes lazy/complacent and thinks he’s bigger than the club and manager.

Marwood

First touch with his left, second with his right, puts him perfectly in on goal.

When we talk about Antony being so one sided this is what we're talking about. The little touches with both feet make all the difference.

DevTheRed

People tripping comparing Greenwood to Garnacho or Rashford as talents. Greenwood was on a different stratosphere talent wise and it was that obvious.
Sad but true.. never been so sure about someone making it.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Sad but true.. never been so sure about someone making it.
Yeah. With Greenwood there was no doubt in anyone's mind if he'd make it, we all knew it was going to happen.

People often throw the generational talent label around on these boards but Greenwood was actually a bonafidae generational talent with very obvious qualities. I mean how often have we ever seen someone as accurate and deadly at finishing as him with both feet.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I think he was in good positons in that second half and was ignored a lot. Would've liked him to take on their fullback 1 on 1 more.

Took his goal well. Looks confident, puts in a shift defensively, and is full of running. I hope we see more of him regularly.

Smores

He was but he never really showed the full extent of his abilities in the first team He became a cut in and shoot merchant which meant he got double marked and easily taken out of the game. Rarely provided an assist either.

Its far too early to talk about Garnachos potential though.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Why? Different players with different issues can be dealt with differently.

Let's say Bruno slated Ronaldo in that occasion, what good can come out of that? I can see the good in pointing out a kid has buckled down and is now getting his just rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.