6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirMonteyne

Great to see him getting mad at Bruno. Hope the manager and players won't discourage him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great to see him getting mad at Bruno. Hope the manager and players won't discourage him.
Agreed tbh. He's not a wilting flower, he isn't hiding on the pitch.

He's demanding the ball and rightfully having a moan at his team mates if they refuse to pass him the ball in better situations. Nothing wrong with that.

SirScholes

His chances do come from great technique at high speeds, which is a dangerous for any player at any age but so can be said for Rashford who had the same impact when younger but also his technique isn't as polished. I described mature decision making which is something we've certainly seen from Garnacho if we ignore just this one game as a measuring stick in a vacuum.

You don't think he knows he'll end up creating danger like chances, goals or penalties by using his speed and technique to get past players? He has a great finishing technique cutting inside, but often he goes on the outside and has gotten penalties and assist by that action. Me telling him that that action was a fluke or a coincidence would be me being very dumb, for the sake of calling him raw. So stop it.

He did get pushed, on the first action, twice. Just look at it ffs. Second, it definitely was a penalty. It's not needed to be weird about it and take sides based on someone opinion. It's a young player, what you see is what you get and what comes is anyones guess. Be fair.

No. He wanted to prove himself, that isn't a label, it's a feeling on a certain day. Go to bed.
You’re all over the place here like, speaking in cliches almost
As I’ve said and we seem to agree, he is an exciting young player who needs to calm down and steady himself.
I seen a few times he gets so excited that he ends up knocking the ball too far ahead with a heavy touch. I’m putting it down to nerves and adrenaline which will likely go away with experience. I don’t think I’m being unfair here.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
What is with all those „still very raw“ comments? Just stupid. He is still young yet he seems to contribute already, arguably as much as Bruno or Antony

buckooo1978

He was quite poor last night compared with other performances- still managed to win the penalty and I think his potential is huge. For me he would become an elite footballer under Ten Hag

Whats the contract situation? Is it correct he expires in Summer - either United are sleeping in with this or Garnacho has plans elsewhere. Im starting to think its the latter.

Glorio

He was quite poor last night compared with other performances- still managed to win the penalty and I think his potential is huge. For me he would become an elite footballer under Ten Hag

Whats the contract situation? Is it correct he expires in Summer - either United are sleeping in with this or Garnacho has plans elsewhere. Im starting to think its the latter.
His contract doesn't expire in the summer as far as I know.

Regarding his performance, it's difficult to blame him as there were periods where a first time ball to him in space was on, but for whatever reason Fred didn't release him.
I wondered whether it was because Fred is left footed and so naturally looked to towards the right part of the pitch for options.

TheReligion

Abusive

Regarding his performance, it's difficult to blame him as there were periods where a first time ball to him in space was on, but for whatever reason Fred didn't release him.
I wondered whether it was because Fred is left footed and so naturally looked to towards the right part of the pitch for options.
Yeah it doesn’t expire until 2025

Mike Smalling

Didn't like his attitude here, and Bruno rightfully gave him a bollocking for it. It was a poor shot from Bruno, but it's not like he himself was in a great position, and it's a bit too soon with the Ronaldo antics.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Age of social media…no-one can react naturally in the heat of a situation without « being an ass » but everyone can mock everyone hiding behind tweeter thinking you are better because you judge others while doing nothing. So great :houllier:.
Do you have any opinion or just like to preach on social media?

DavelinaJolie

Didn't like his attitude here, and Bruno rightfully gave him a bollocking for it. It was a poor shot from Bruno, but it's not like he himself was in a great position, and it's a bit too soon with the Ronaldo antics.
Yeah, kinda what I was thinking.

Redfrog

Do you have any opinion or just like to preach on social media?
Opinion about what ? It’s a non story. Don’t be so sensitive, it wasn’t directed to you but the tweet. I am sure Bruno and Garnacho are fine and forgot all that as fast as it happened.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm pleased with Garnacho's development curve. I thought he could've done better in certain moments lately e.g., 1v1 at Wolves. However, in his last two games he's got an assist and won a penalty. He might f-k it up sometimes but he wants the ball, he's brave and he's direct. Its a breath of fresh air compared to everyone else that we've got out wide except Rashford.

The way we play is all set up to create 1v1 situations in wide areas, yet nobody except Rashford is exploiting that. Garnacho continues like this and it'll become harder and harder to leave him out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Likewise
His opening cameo of getting the ball, getting too excited and then tripping over his own feet summed him up tonight
He was running out of play before godfrey intervened

when he shows composure (Fulham) he‘ll be lethal
His composure in literally his last game was also impressive. A lot of young players would have shot or chosen the wrong pass when he set up Shaw for his goal. See also his assist for Bruno. If anything, composure is one of his stand out qualities.

SirScholes

His composure in literally his last game was also impressive. A lot of young players would have shot or chosen the wrong pass when he set up Shaw for his goal. See also his assist for Bruno. If anything, composure is one of his stand out qualities.
Not when he first comes on and trips over his feet, he’s sometimes in so much of a hurry to get the ball moving.
We can both pick moments in games to prove our points
There are moments he has as you’ve said, there are moments he hasn’t.
All I’m saying is as he matures I hope to see the moments I talking about disappear and the ones you talk about increase ?

TheReligion

Abusive
Not when he first comes on and trips over his feet, he’s sometimes in so much of a hurry to get the ball moving.
We can both pick moments in games to prove our points
There are moments he has as you’ve said, there are moments he hasn’t.
All I’m saying is as he matures I hope to see the moments I talking about disappear and the ones you talk about increase ?
He slipped.

Kept happening to Antony too first half.

TheReligion

Abusive
They’re all fecking slipping at Old Trafford over the last few weeks. Dunno if it’s the surface or the boots. Someone needs to look into it.
It must be the boots? Agreed I’ve noticed it although Antony stopped falling over in the second half (and was better) but didn’t clock if he’d changed footwear?

SirScholes

You said he tripped over his own feet. I just corrected you and said he slipped on the pitch.

Don’t cry about it ffs.
Nah it’s been mentioned before by another poster, can’t remember the game, I agreed and put it down to adrenaline.

Golden Nugget

I agree with this - and thinking at the time Fred should have played him through. That said, if I remembered correctly, it would have been a right footed passed or outside of the left - which Fred probably didn’t trust himself on, so he switched the play. Fred should/could have done better, but I’d rather he keep the ball there

FriedClams

In almost every game he’s played, he’s done something to stand out. Goal, assist, winning penalties. He’s a difference maker as an 18 year old. He’s gonna be insanely good.

SAF is the GOAT

1 of the things I don't like in Bruno's character is that he can "lose his head" way too easily.

After Everton's equalizer yesterday you could see him angry and make some faces instead of just be calm and tell the players to keep "play our game".

When city face these kinds of challenges in games they keep playing their game and aren't flinched.

our players losing their head and suddenly you see bloody Everton getting some confidence and passing the ball with ease and calmness

pacifictheme

Love him. We lost an 80 million youngster last season and hopefully this season we have found a new one. So much potential there, just needs game time to improve his consistency. He is a joy to watch. Not the finished product but always trying to do something positive.

Man Utd 3:0 Charlton

Chip

Fantastic for the first 25 minutes or so. Faded a bit, but had a brilliant final 10-15 minutes. He's fecking 18, and he's going to be a class.

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling that he's not gonna stick around very long.

Idxomer

So much maturity already for a player his age, he could be unstoppable in 3 years

Stadjer

Good game. Was roasting his man at the start of the game, maybe he should have picked the pass instead of the shot a few times but thats understandable from a young player. Faded a little bit after the excellent start but showed up more near the later part of the game. For me he was the man of the match.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
More relaxed today after maybe looking a touch nervous in some other recent games. Great to see him giving their RB a nightmare every time he got the ball.

Could have done with maybe being a shade less selfish when getting into good positions, but played some good balls across in the second half too.

RuudTom83

He is a talent, United shouldn't be buying another forward for the LW spot...he was tiring at the end but he is so exciting to watch.

ManRed

Garnacho, Pellestri, Antony, Sancho and we sorted for wing positions for a good 7-10 years atleast. Was good and had a nice shot saved.

mav_9me

He is quite clearly an excellent talent. Always threatening, direct, can always expect him to do something. Best of the attackers till Rashford came on.

Biggins

And people cried when we didn’t get Gakpo. What would be the point when we have this gem!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s a constant threat, always has the full back on his heels. That directness is just so very “Man United”.

Status
Not open for further replies.