Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Love the fact he’s capable of using both feet as we seen against city with his assist. Makes him much more unpredictable which is always hard to defend.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yes but we were dumb enough to let go of Pogba so kind of makes me worried.
Pogba hardly played any first team games though did he? This manager is giving chances to players and he obviously likes garnacho. Love how each manager we’ve had have all brought someone through.

phelans shorts

Contract expires summer 2024, so he will be free to talk with foreign clubs in winter this year. That's if he doesn't sign an extension, I'm sure he will.
Well it’s 2025 his current deal to start with. Which means there’s an extra year before he can talk to anyone officially.

There’s also some suggestion we have a year option on that, which would take it to 2026

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Well it’s 2025 his current deal to start with. Which means there’s an extra year before he can talk to anyone officially.

There’s also some suggestion we have a year option on that, which would take it to 2026
Oh you're right, we have the one year option. I'm not worried anyway, he's broken into the team and can now expect to be getting regular minutes in a team that appear to be on the ascension.

Jeffthered

He's likes a battle and wants to be involved, and contribute... he does more in 15/20mins than some of our other forwards contribute in 90mins, and he is genuinely still a kid. His attitude is fantastic, and it's infectious. He will not last 90mins in many games, not quite yet, but he'll play a few, and definitely will continue to make a huge difference as sub.

But what a lovely player to have at a club. The fans adore him! It's great! Consider some of the over-paid preening players we have seen over recent years.

His attitude reflects the emerging mentality at the club, and that's what I enjoy about him. Players should want to fight for Manchester United and for each other. That's the ethos of the club.

phelans shorts

Oh you're right, we have the one year option. I'm not worried anyway, he's broken into the team and can now expect to be getting regular minutes in a team that appear to be on the ascension.
Oh yeah I’m fully with you, I was pointing out to the original poster I responded to the major difference between Alejandro and Paul’s situations. I’m very excited about this lad and don’t think we have any reason to worry for the better part of a decade (I could definitely picture him wanting to go back to Spain in his mid/late 20’s but that’s some way off)

TheReligion

Abusive

Not sure why everyone is worried about the contract and demanding we pay him more now and do everything immediately.

Its right the club are looking at renewed terms and an increased wage given he’s now a first team player and delivering at the top level but there’s no huge rush.

You only have to look at Brandon Williams and how we have mismanaged these things in the past. A fair salary bump with performance and appearance incentives should be on the cards along with a commitment from him to the club.

Hughes35

The lad is a special talent. So so important we tie him down to a new contract (Hopefully a long one) asap.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Oh yeah I’m fully with you, I was pointing out to the original poster I responded to the major difference between Alejandro and Paul’s situations. I’m very excited about this lad and don’t think we have any reason to worry for the better part of a decade (I could definitely picture him wanting to go back to Spain in his mid/late 20’s but that’s some way off)
Completely agree. Can see him wanting a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona when older, like most Latin players. But who knows? City never had that issue of losing players, and United might have oil money then too.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Completely agree. Can see him wanting a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona when older, like most Latin players. But who knows? City never had that issue of losing players, and United might have oil money then too.
Honestly there's really something shady going around there not a single player ever wants to leave them. There's an exception in Sane of course.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Love the fact he’s capable of using both feet as we seen against city with his assist. Makes him much more unpredictable which is always hard to defend.
He's really direct and you can always see something happening when he is on the ball. A no-nonsense winger.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
So when does his contract run out? ‘24 or ‘25

Lyng

Not sure why everyone is worried about the contract and demanding we pay him more now and do everything immediately.

Its right the club are looking at renewed terms and an increased wage given he’s now a first team player and delivering at the top level but there’s no huge rush.

You only have to look at Brandon Williams and how we have mismanaged these things in the past. A fair salary bump with performance and appearance incentives should be on the cards along with a commitment from him to the club.
Yeah have to agree. If anything this is a sign of a positive change in the way we deal with contracts.

Norii

Tie as many of our exciting young stars down to contracts as possible, while the team is doing well.

All it takes is a few bad results and a 5th place finish for their interest to start wondering.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
2025, United have the plus one year option.
Not as much urgency that I anticipated then. The earlier the better all the same.

The longer we leave it the more they will be in their right to demand more however.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Miguel Delaney is by far the worst journalist around. He has fewer sources at Manchester United than I do - and I have zero. He’s read that we’ve been negotiating for a while and has decided to write an article on pure guesswork and conjecture. That’s his entire schtick - read what actual journalists with sources write then fill in the blanks to make plausible things up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There is zero chance he gets 7k a week :lol:

I know Chelsea academy/reserve players that earned more than that a few years back.

FriedClams

Miguel Delaney is by far the worst journalist around. He has fewer sources at Manchester United than I do - and I have zero. He’s read that we’ve been negotiating for a while and has decided to write an article on pure guesswork and conjecture. That’s his entire schtick - read what actual journalists with sources write then fill in the blanks to make plausible things up.
even the ones we say are tier 1 do this. The whole industry is parasite ridden, whatever gets clicks.

Rolaholic

We really can't mess about with his contract, losing a talent like him to another European giant would be devastating

Bert_

Yes but we were dumb enough to let go of Pogba so kind of makes me worried.
That was pretty much down to Riola being Riola and SAF having non of it.

Don't think Garnacho has brought a circus to town so hopefully it's a straightforward negotiation.

Brophs

The One and Only

His entire career has been a mess since around the time of that contract. Though I’m sure he’s not blameless, he’s been badly handled by the club and now he’s got a few years left on a deal that no one else will come close to matching and he doesn’t look like he has much of a chance of getting in the first team. I saw that he was making noises last week about biding his time and waiting for chances, which is understandable as someone who has come through at the club. But in reality, with the suggestion that we’d bring in another RB If we moved on AWB and Shaw and Malacia in situ at LB, it means he’ll probably just be sat down like Jones and Tuanzebe picking up a wage without any real hope of being a footballer.

TheReligion

Abusive
His entire career has been a mess since around the time of that contract. Though I’m sure he’s not blameless, he’s been badly handled by the club and now he’s got a few years left on a deal that no one else will come close to matching and he doesn’t look like he has much of a chance of getting in the first team. I saw that he was making noises last week about biding his time and waiting for chances, which is understandable as someone who has come through at the club. But in reality, with the suggestion that we’d bring in another RB If we moved on AWB and Shaw and Malacia in situ at LB, it means he’ll probably just be sat down like Jones and Tuanzebe picking up a wage without any real hope of being a footballer.
It’s a shame really as he’s quite tenacious and good workrate. You wonder if EtH could help him somewhat. I thought his versatility at either FB spot would be helpful to him but it feels like he’s right down the pecking order especially when you have someone like Laird getting 20+ games in the Championship this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.