Alejandro Garnacho

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not sure what that means?
He probably means a head coach who will create a team dynamic at first team level where we see a team that is well drilled when it comes to applying coordinated pressure off the ball, whilst also creating conditions for us to impose ourselves on the ball in offensive transitions, which would hopefully lead to us controlling both offensive and defensive transitions.

So that will potentially create a much better team environment for a young player to potentially thrive in and learn the tactical side, due to the head coach creating conditions which are routinely adopted at the most successful clubs in the world.

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
his name fills me with confidence that he will win the balloon door.

OldRed1

He probably means a head coach who will create a team dynamic at first team level where we see a team that is well drilled when it comes to applying coordinated pressure off the ball, whilst also creating conditions for us to impose ourselves on the ball in offensive transitions, which would hopefully lead to us controlling both offensive and defensive transitions.

So that will potentially create a much better team environment for a young player to potentially thrive in and learn the tactical side, due to the head coaching creating conditions which are routinely adopted at the most successful clubs in the world.
:lol: Great reply Adnan.

Lost bear

I'm bumping this thread because his performance tonight served as a reminder for what I've been thinking for a while. Basically, this guy goes under the radar a bit. Last season he showed flashes of what he is capable of, but he's gone up a level or two this campaign. Quick, nice balance, good technique and can finish. Dark horse for me.
Agreed. He looks very talented.
However, I’ve been thinking recently that it might be a good thing if he stays under the radar for a while.

Kids like Mason Greenwood have been all over the news for years, and it’s at least possible that this may have contributed to the toxic world view he seems to have developed.

Damn, though— looks like you and me have blown it, remember the geese….

Bertie Wooster

I agree about Garnacho looking good (along with Mainoo).

I'm increasingly impressed with his pace, footwork and finishing. And also, he seems a player that has good composure and confidence on the ball which bodes well.

You get plenty of quick but raw youngsters who don't possess (or ever develop) composure and end product. Garnacho seems to have a decent level of it already, while also possessing good pace and technique.

Not a cert to make it to the first team, but he definitely has potential.

khoazany

Actually I'm not as impressed with him as many on here seems to be. I''m somewhat impressed however his final balls/decision makings are questionable at times and he's relatively wasteful. Would not put him on the same category with Elanga for example. Better than the likes of Emeran though.

Mickson

Actually I'm not as impressed with him as many on here seems to be. I''m somewhat impressed however his final balls/decision makings are questionable at times and he's relatively wasteful. Would not put him on the same category with Elanga for example. Better than the likes of Emeran though.
That's my biggest problem with him, although I think he can develop in that department. But he is odd sometimes. He can just dribble past three players then hit the corner flag with his shot.

pascell

That's my biggest problem with him, although I think he can develop in that department. But he is odd sometimes. He can just dribble past three players then hit the corner flag with his shot.
I know what you mean, I do feel like he's improved his consistency in some aspects but then the other things are wildly inconsistent, there's definitely something there to work with.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There have been a few players from the academy that seems to have suddenly taken a huge jump in their development. Coaching or players hitting a tipping point in their development cycle?
Hard to say, Ramazani a few years ago is another one exploded to life after a pretty underwhelming first season. With Garnacho he was beginning to show promise by the end of last season so could just be a case of settling/adapting.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Hard to say, Ramazani a few years ago is another one exploded to life after a pretty underwhelming first season. With Garnacho he was beginning to show promise by the end of last season so could just be a case of settling/adapting.
With the Spanish boys I think that's the case. But someone like Elanga, he seemed to have gone up a few notches after the injury. I wonder if its the coaching too? Travis Binnon got promoted into the U18 . Maybe its just a coincidence.

Mickson

There have been a few players from the academy that seems to have suddenly taken a huge jump in their development. Coaching or players hitting a tipping point in their development cycle?
Good observation. So many U18 players have taken a big step up recently. Gore, Fredricson, Oyedele, Mainoo, Garnacho to name a few.

izec

There are a handful of youngsters in that squad, that will be sorted out eventually. They just nominated them to give them a taste, probably to decide for Argentina in the future, as i assume most will be eligible to play for another or more countries.

NoPace

That's still promising to be on a list of 7 or 8 young players Argentina want to call up.

L1nk

He still needs some work but think he will be a big big player for us in the future if he's given a chance

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Great stuff Alejandro, hope you enjoy your time with them!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It's a pre-squad, the definite squad will follow.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he gets the chance to train with Messi will be good for him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He looks talented to me. Hope he develops well here and could replace Rashford/Greenwood soon.

Asger

Is it likely he will get some minutes this season?

Bwuk

He’s going to be exceptional. I’d rather him off the bench than Lingard for the rest of the season.

MattJ166

30 mins in the Europa league group stage next season, then a loan in January to a championship, marred by injuries and sub-par performances.
:lol: I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the accuracy of this statement

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So refreshing to see a striker who knows where the goal is but also gets about the place, tackling, kicking and fouling defenders. It’s been infuriating how little we see this at a first team level, when it’s such a feature of the two best teams in the league