Alejandro Garnacho

GueRed

Always wants to score. Doesn't stand around with his hands in his pockets. Tremendous movement and an important outlet for his team.

AndOr Hererra

It seems like recently his name has been everywhere, has he always been like this? Or has he recently hit a developmental breakthrough and come alive?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So refreshing to see a striker who knows where the goal is but also gets about the place, tackling, kicking and fouling defenders. It’s been infuriating how little we see this at a first team level, when it’s such a feature of the two best teams in the league
To be honest, I've found that as a feature of the entire team, they're all constantly getting stuck in, pressing and harrying the opposition, they're a really great group to watch.

AltiUn

It seems like recently his name has been everywhere, has he always been like this? Or has he recently hit a developmental breakthrough and come alive?
Took a bit of time to settle in but began hitting his stride at the end of last season and hasn't looked back.

Chief123

looks quality. Throw him in! Will be better than anything we are putting out now.

AltiUn

looks quality. Throw him in! Will be better than anything we are putting out now.
Don't think we need to, he primarily plays on the left and Sancho's about the only attacker actually playing well.

SnoopShug

Garnacho has some huge positives that are hard to find... He's very direct with the ball and he knows how to get play the angle to get the defenders off balance for a split second and take advantage, he's deadly in front of goal but he's not selfish also he seems to love the big stage. Wonderful player.

Stadjer

Argentina seems keen to lock him in for their national team. It is a world cup qualifier match, if he does play a minute that does mean he wont be able to switch to Spain later anymore?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Argentina seems keen to lock him in for their national team. It is a world cup qualifier match, if he does play a minute that does mean he wont be able to switch to Spain later anymore?
Thought it is ‘less than 3 games before the age of 21’ that allows you to switch?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Garnacho has some huge positives that are hard to find... He's very direct with the ball and he knows how to get play the angle to get the defenders off balance for a split second and take advantage, he's deadly in front of goal but he's not selfish also he seems to love the big stage. Wonderful player.
Move him to the first team. I rather have a young player who gives his all than a senior who stands around

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Move him to the first team. I rather have a young player who gives his all than a senior who stands around
Only problem with that is when he gets a few goals, PSG/Juve will try to nab him which will make us offer him a stupid contract which will then make him stop trying.

Classical Mechanic

Thought it is ‘less than 3 games before the age of 21’ that allows you to switch?
It's no more than 3 appearances, although you have to stand down for 3 years before you can switch. Hudson Odoi is a good example of this rule, he's expected to switch from England to Ghana in November of this year which would be 3 years since his third senior appearance for England, all made whilst under the age of 21.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Only problem with that is when he gets a few goals, PSG/Juve will try to nab him which will make us offer him a stupid contract which will then make him stop trying.
That is 1 problem, the other problem is he'll be written off by the Caf faithful after a handful of poor games too.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
That is 1 problem, the other problem is he'll be written off by the Caf faithful after a handful of poor games too.
Yup, what is for certain is out lack of proper integration of youth into our first team.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Yeah, we should better sell him this summer already

AltiUn

Called up to the Argentina squad apparently. Any reason for that when he hasn’t played a first team game yet?
Doesn’t look ready for the first team, albeit I think he’s very talented. Like @Mickson says, they’ll be looking to tie up his nationality.

soapythecat

Now top 4 has gone, let’s give him and a few of the other big performers from the U23s some game time. Won’t happen, but would be lovely to see. Can he be any worse than Rashford (I’m a Rashford fan but he’s offered so little recently).

Ghostrider318

I really hope we dont rush him in. Let him develop more next season. He is already receiving a lot of attention. Use that to land him a loan and then start thinking about first team appearances.

We should also have him heavily involved in the pre season games

Lentwood

Not knocking the lad at all, but from the very limited amount I have seen of him (watching the highlights of the Dortmund and Everton games), did seem very wasteful in-front of goal.

What kind of player is he? Must have something about him to be called up by Argentina so young?

AltiUn

Not knocking the lad at all, but from the very limited amount I have seen of him (watching the highlights of the Dortmund and Everton games), did seem very wasteful in-front of goal.

What kind of player is he? Must have something about him to be called up by Argentina so young?
He could probably do with improving his near post finishing but he's pretty good when he can open his body up, he's making the far post curler his trademark. He's found his best form playing as a left inside forward, bags of pace, very technically gifted and above all a grafter. He's also pretty good with both feet, which seems to be something we're very keen on lately.

Hoof the ball

I really hope we dont rush him in. Let him develop more next season. He is already receiving a lot of attention. Use that to land him a loan and then start thinking about first team appearances.

We should also have him heavily involved in the pre season games
We'd have Pedri in the U23's still, don't you worry about us rushing anything. :lol:

Bwuk

We'd have Pedri in the U23's still, don't you worry about us rushing anything. :lol:
Yeah I think this is a area we haven’t been great at. The likes of Hannibal really should have broken through more. Elanga is hopefully a sign that this is changing though.

RuudTom83

A bit too much hype/pressure is being out on these kids. But I understand we are starved of anything to be positive about at the moment.

But still need to be patient with the kids.

TheHeya

What position does this lad play? Seems to be LW/LS judging from the couple of clips in this thread?