Aleksandar Mitrović | Fulham ruin his life

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why do our own fans parrot the garbage the media spouts? Mitrovic and Bruno incidents aren't remotely the same thing, defend your players, don't pile onto media bullshit.
Yep…whilst what Bruno did wasn’t to be advised, it was at worst something and nothing and in response. What Mitrovic did was aggressive and without mitigation. Ridiculous to compare the two.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
To those saying it’s a good honest apology, when I read it these lines stand out to me :-

“I was trying to get the referee’s attention.” Absolute bolllocks

“he showed me a red card, my first in-game sending off for Fulham and my first since the 2015/16 season”. AKA look how out of character this is

“I have accepted the three-match ban for my red card.” Very fecking noble of you but AKA don’t punish me further though (also see above character reference)

This isn’t an apology it’s a fecking mission statement regarding avoiding further punishment

RedDevil@84

Wait. Are we really having a honest apology argument? The ban should have nothing to do with the apology.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Talksport will charm offensive that apology tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a small ban.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have they still not sorted this ban yet?
Or is it going to be another Toney job? A ban based on time that they issue just before the end of the season...

BorisManUtd

I get sometimes you can't control your emotions like he said + he apologized BUT no way he gets only 3 match ban? That's a joke. They should then change Casemiro's ban to like 1-2 games.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I get sometimes you can't control your emotions like he said + he apologized BUT no way he gets only 3 match ban? That's a joke. They should then change Casemiro's ban to like 1-2 games.
He's getting more than three. The FA have literally said so already.

padzilla

Hipster
It's a bit suspicious this hasn't been sorted yet. I reckon he'll get a reduced ban of five games instead of what should be 8-10 because it was against us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ooft. Only plays their final 2 games this season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
But I thought he put out a wholesome statement where he accepted a 3 match ban?!

suheilsworld

So it’s 3 that he receives for a red and and additional 5 for improper conduct or 3 + 8? If it’s the latter , season is over for him

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So it’s 3 that he receives for a red and and additional 5 for improper conduct or 3 + 8? If it’s the latter , season is over for him
It’s literally in the statement.

”In total, the Regulatory Commission has suspended Aleksandar Mitrović for eight matches. One of these has already been served, and therefore the forward will be unavailable for Fulham FC’s next seven matches.”

Nero

Remember when Ben Thatcher got 8 games when it should have been 8 years inside.

Abraxas

It's alright in my opinion. No need to go over the top with it as if he cleaned the referee out or got caught on PEDs. It was a push at the end of the day, the more violent the action the more punishment you should get as with any walk of life, and this is on the lower end of physical behaviour.

It needed a stronger sanction than normal to make clear that if you are threatening to refs you will get a lengthy ban and I think this is a lengthy ban. 8 takes him out for most of the remainder of the season, it's not something he'll forget in a hurry.

Blood Mage

I'd say that's a fair punishment. Any more than that would be harsh IMO.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He should be forced to play as striker for Man Utd as well.