Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain completes his transfer to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He doesn't have enough goals in his game to play that advanced a role in a 3-4-3. But, as a wing back in that formation he has all the tools.
I believe under Conte his goal scoring would significant improve, regardless of position. He'd give Chelsea so many excellent options in their squad. From right/left wing attacker, to right/left wingback to center midfielder.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Super talented, plus, he's versatile. Be a great signing for either Chelsea or Liverpool. In fact I'd love to see United take a punt. For whatever reason Jose sees lack of depth on the left when it's the right, imo. We've no pace out there, Alex Ox would be perfect, although he is very injury prone so theres that.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Victim of his own versatility. Also, not good enough to be a CM at the top level. Could forge himself an excellent career as a wingback though in this modern game.

The Bloody-Nine

He isn't very good, which is why he's never nailed down a first team place at Arsenal. I'd be amazed if Chelsea want him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's talented but I can't fathom why he's supposedly going for 35m pounds when a talent like Barkley is going for less than that. Makes no sense.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's talented but I can't fathom why he's supposedly going for 35m pounds when a talent like Barkley is going for less than that. Makes no sense.
They're about the same level.

FromTheBench

Could be a interesting signing for quite a few teams. Quite talented.

35 million would be a good price for Arsenal.

Bwuk

Whilst he's not the same player, I think he'd be a good Coutinho replacement for Liverpool. Ox could play on the left and push Mane into the #10

Walters_19_MuFc

He isn't very good, which is why he's never nailed down a first team place at Arsenal. I'd be amazed if Chelsea want him.
I have no doubt Chelsea want him, but to me, he'll be getting the same, if not, less minutes playing for Chelsea than he does Arsenal, hence why I don't get the move.

Can't see where he'd fit into the Liverpool side. Maybe as a centre midfielder. To me, that's where he's at his best.

POF

I believe under Conte his goal scoring would significant improve, regardless of position. He'd give Chelsea so many excellent options in their squad. From right/left wing attacker, to right/left wingback to center midfielder.
I agree re wingback and central midfield but as a player who can play in a front 3 and contribute goals as a forward? I just don't think he has it in him.

Chelsea rely very heavily on their front 3 to create and score. I don't think that would suit him. He just strikes me as a wide midfielder rather than a wide forward.

I could be wrong though. It does happen occasionally!

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I agree re wingback and central midfield but as a player who can play in a front 3 and contribute goals as a forward? I just don't think he has it in him.

Chelsea rely very heavily on their front 3 to create and score. I don't think that would suit him. He just strikes me as a wide midfielder rather than a wide forward.

I could be wrong though. It does happen occasionally!
TBF with his ability to beat people and pace, his end product at Arsenal has been criminal. But under a superior coach than Wenger it will change. He just needs ambition and a go for the kill attitude drummed into him. With his level of talent at the very least he should have the end product of an on form Ashley Young

salford_

If he wants to move for a "better" career CV so to speak, he will join Chelsea, plus his pop star girlfriend will love staying in London

Liverpool get him if they promise he plays CM only. I still reckon it's a toss up as to where he goes, with all respect Liverpool seems a sideways move. And yesterday it was all him moving across London. Interesting week ahead

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
He wants to play in midfield and is one of the main reasons he wants to leave. He is not good enough to play there imo.

I can count on one hand how many good games he's had for us. Pretty sure we've let more goals in with his failed dribbles in our end of the pitch than him helping us win games. Statistically his numbers aren't good either.

Also very injury prone, i'd be happy to take 40m and move him. Think its best for both parties as he's clearly stagnating with us and he ain't getting his spot in midfield either.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
People who think he'll massively improve his end product with "better coaching" are going to be in for a shock. If there's one thing you can't criticise Wenger on its his attacking play.

Runner

I think he'd have been a great player if Sir Alex managed him. He's one of the few Arsenal players with the right mindset to win and make things happen. Good luck to him

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If he wants to move for a "better" career CV so to speak, he will join Chelsea, plus his pop star girlfriend will love staying in London

Liverpool get him if they promise he plays CM only. I still reckon it's a toss up as to where he goes, with all respect Liverpool seems a sideways move. And yesterday it was all him moving across London. Interesting week ahead
As we've signed no one for midfield I reckon we will be more of an appeal. However I agree, I don't see what the fuss is about him outside of wing positions.

Member 5225

No thanks - what's he actually good at? Same bucket as A.Young, Lingard, Barkley, Walcott, et all - not sure what their main thing is.

Borat Sagdiyev

Where, exactly, does he think he will get games in the center of the park if he leaves? Chelsea would play him in the EFL Cup (at best)!

POF

TBF with his ability to beat people and pace, his end product at Arsenal has been criminal. But under a superior coach than Wenger it will change. He just needs ambition and a go for the kill attitude drummed into him. With his level of talent at the very least he should have the end product of an on form Ashley Young
Agreed. I wouldn't play Ashley Young (even when in top form) in a front 3 either. In a 3-4-3, he would be a wing back too.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Whilst he's not the same player, I think he'd be a good Coutinho replacement for Liverpool. Ox could play on the left and push Mane into the #10
Why would we displace Mane for an injury-plagued AOC? Damn, why displace Mane for anyone?

That said, I'm still a fan of the Ox, and would love him at Liverpool as long as there's no sort of "Must start X games" deal involved. But moving here from Arsenal to be a squad option isn't really what he wants, and while I'm sure he'd do well in midfield, going from wanting to sign Keita to signing AOC as our midfield reinforcement for the summer is just... No.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Don't think he can play as a fullback realistically. He is a reasonable option at wingback but as a pure fullback I think he would be found wanting.
Not good enough defensively to play fb

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Super talented, plus, he's versatile. Be a great signing for either Chelsea or Liverpool. In fact I'd love to see United take a punt. For whatever reason Jose sees lack of depth on the left when it's the right, imo. We've no pace out there, Alex Ox would be perfect, although he is very injury prone so theres that.
Want us to stay away from injury prone players ,hopefully we are moving away from players always being on treatment table. Not denying he's talented and maybe Jose would understand him better than wenger.

Nogbadthebad

Upgrade of Moses...
I thought he wants to play as an attacking winger though, in which case I'm not sure why he is going to chelsea.

I get wanting out of arsenal, after yesterday I'm surprised the dinner ladies haven't handed in transfer requests at the emirates, but chelsea seems an odd place to go for him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Decent signing depth-wise but he won't be much of an actual improvement on Moses.

Status
Not open for further replies.