Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain completes his transfer to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

He has agreed a move to Chelsea. Apparently some reports have suggested he is frustrated with playing at wing back but I don't think he will play in the front 3 at Chelsea either. They have Hazard to come back and you'd expect Willian and Morata to start with him.

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He has agreed a move to Chelsea. Apparently some reports have suggests he is frustrated with playing at wing back but I don't think he will play in the front 3 at Chelsea either. They have Hazard to come back and you'd expect Willian and Morata to start with him.
He might still be frustrated at Chelsea, difference is they will be challenging for trophies. Arsenal won't apart from the usual F.A. Cup and the E.L. if they can be bothered.

We need an rvn

If we was that good he'd be starting more games for Arsenal / England. My opinion is he's simply moving for more money, playing 25 games or so for a potentially championship winnig side and becoming Hazard's back-up but he won't be starting 40odd games at Chelsea for sure. Not a bad move though but hasn't got me worried about another Chelsea threat we need to worry about

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
If we was that good he'd be starting more games for Arsenal / England. My opinion is he's simply moving for more money, playing 25 games or so for a potentially championship winnig side and becoming Hazard's back-up but he won't be starting 40odd games at Chelsea for sure. Not a bad move though but hasn't got me worried about another Chelsea threat we need to worry about
Arsenal offered him 180k per week, I highly doubt Chelsea are offering him that much. Trophies is what he is hungry for. It shows he actually won't settle for mediocrity with Arsenal. Good for him.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why are Arsenal selling players whilst being linked to absolutely no one?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He has agreed a move to Chelsea. Apparently some reports have suggests he is frustrated with playing at wing back but I don't think he will play in the front 3 at Chelsea either. They have Hazard to come back and you'd expect Willian and Morata to start with him.
He'll definitely be playing wingback at Chelsea. They needed more homegrown signings.

Courtois
Rudiger Azpilicueta Luiz
AOC Kante Bakayoko Alonso
Willian Morata Hazard​

Bench: Caballero Cahill Christensen Moses Pedro Fabregas Batshuayi

Other options: Musonda Kenedy

Why are Arsenal selling players whilst being linked to absolutely no one?
Wenger said his squad was too large.

DomesticTadpole

Arsenal offered him 180k per week, I highly doubt Chelsea are offering him that much. Trophies is what he is hungry for. It shows he actually won't settle for mediocrity with Arsenal. Good for him.
Think Chelsea and Conte will help him improve. Wenger has not improved a player for years. The bringing through young players is a complete myth.

DomesticTadpole

He'll definitely be playing wingback at Chelsea. They needed more homegrown signings.

Courtois
Rudiger Azpilicueta Luiz
Willian Morata Hazard​

Christ. :eek:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really like Chamberlain, if he does go Chelsea (which it seems to be nailed on as happening) then he will be a really strong addition to their team.
He could have been a good signing for united as a bit of a different option on the right hand side, but I'm also not heartbroken to not be in for him. Great move for the Ox though, good on him for wanting to get out of that mess of a club as soon as possible; out of what I saw of the match yesterday he was one of only a couple of Arsenal players who even tried.

WhoDaGOAT

Courtois
Rudiger Azpilicueta Luiz
Willian Morata Hazard​

Can't see Cahill not starting. He's one of their leaders. So Rüdiger will probably be dropped for now, depending on form.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Good signing, would have liked us to go in for him.

Surely Arsenal have some players lined up otherwise this season will be a mess for them.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well it is. It's full of averageness but they've 33 players. Even against you yesterday, they had players like Giroud, Walcott, Laca, Kolasinac on bench. The likes of Mustafi, Chambers, Gibbs, Wilshere etc weren't even in the squad.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Can't see Cahill not starting. He's one of their leaders. So Rüdiger will probably be dropped for now, depending on form.
Blargh I'd hate to see that. Rudiger is already better than Cahill if you ask me.

Quick quiz, guess who led the league last year in errors that led directly to goals?

John Stones and Gary Cahill tied with seven!

Fun bonus fact! Guess how many David Luiz had despite apparently being some sort of error prone/inconsistent insane person:

One

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Well it is. It's full of averageness but they've 33 players. Even against you yesterday, they had players like Giroud, Walcott, Laca, Kolasinac on bench. The likes of Mustafi, Chambers, Gibbs, Wilshere etc weren't even in the squad.
players like chamberlain and mustafi should be in and around the starting XI though.

Robbie Boy

He was on the bench.

Jagga7

It's even more bizarre Wenger started him on the weekend :houllier:. That club has become shambles!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He won't be getting paid more at Chelsea, not sure if he'll break in to the side either. Conte won't put up with him switching off at wing back, a position he doesn't even like. Good depth signing but if he wants to play for England he needs to step up big time.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
players like chamberlain and mustafi should be in and around the starting XI though.
True, can't disagree with that. They need to improve their first XI but their squad is pretty huge I think. I looked at both the benches yesterday and instantly thought Arsenal's was much better.

hobbers

Don't see this move working out, other than for his bank balance.

He's going to be competition for the wing backs rather than getting many chances in the centre. And he's quite a poor wing back as they go.

Parry Gallister

Arsenal are a disgrace.

Be interesting how he does there, not sure what they actually need him for? Surely not in midfield?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I looked at both the benches yesterday and instantly thought Arsenal's was much better.
That is partly because some of the players on the bench should have started. It's going to look strong when you pick Welbeck and Holding ahead of Mustafi and Lacazette.

But yeah, we could do with a few more.

el3mel

:lol:

Seriously what are Arsenal ambitions ? Instead of buying players to reinforce the squad they're selling the good players they have. Are they targeting a EL qualifying position this time or what ?

Wenger won't just leave them outside CL, he'll also leave a disastrous team that his successor will take years to figure out how to solve this mess.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Sums up Arsenal at the moment. Start a guy yesterday who's clearly not dedicated to the cause, against your top six rival, away, and then sell him less than 24 hours to anther direct rival. Hahaha. What a fecking shambles.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
He won't be getting paid more at Chelsea, not sure if he'll break in to the side either. Conte won't put up with him switching off at wing back, a position he doesn't even like. Good depth signing but if he wants to play for England he needs to step up big time.
His wanting to leave had nothing to do with money. Arsenal offered him a significant pay rise and he refused. This move for him was about ambition and him playing for a club he supported as a kid. Wenger truly hasn't learned from his mistakes regarding transfers and player contracts. There are way too many mediocre players in that squad making too much money.

beingshe7don

Lacazette should have just waited till January for his transfer to Athletico Madrid. Seems like he just boarded a sinking ship. None of the players that are supposedly on the move this week should NOT have played for Arsenal in the first 3 games. Oxlade is leaving for Chelsea and he started. Ozil and Sanchez haven't signed extensions and they have a year left on their contracts. Sanchez especially whose left no stone unturned about wanting to leave. It's really sad for a club of this stature being treated this way. Arsenal needs to rebuild and it would have made sense to sell Sanchez and Ozil as they just create unrest within the team and your chain is as strong as your weakest link. Arsene should switch to a 4-3-3 to get his spine strong. Play Coquelin at the bottom of the 3 midfield with Ramsey and Xhaka. The front three should comprise of Lacazette, Mahrez and Draxler and have Giroud come off the bench. That also saves you money and also improves the atmosphere within the team. Sanchez and Ozil should be sold. They are not good for them. With that display, I wouldn't want Woodward anywhere next to Sanchez. He was very unprofessional. Mahrez whose asked to leave has a much better attitude and has put in his best for Leicester so far this season.

RedDevil@84

#Ox-Off

Arsenal are getting a lot of money on this. They can invest this.. oh wait!!!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
This

I don't see the big deal in them wanting to get rid, he's done nothing worthwhile since being there.
Nor has any other Arsenal player though. Going to another club is a good move for him, he can kick-start his career.

And they didn't "want to get rid", they offered him a huge contract to stay.

SATA

This is quite bizzare. Does he think he's going to play at central midfield at Chelsea if that is the position he wants to play to get away from Arsenal? Conte will stick him at right wingback and do him one

Status
Not open for further replies.