Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain completes his transfer to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
He's been stealing a living and living off hype for the last 6 years.

He's got the technique but lacks the brains to go with it. Think his best season for us was 2 goals and 7 assists and I can count on one hand the number of great performances he's put for us.

He may get slightly better under the right coach like pep has done with sterling transforming him into a decent winger at best, but won't expect him to set Stamford bridge alight.

That said his first pl home game is against us and I expect him to score a hat trick coz that's how it always is with us and ex players :lol:

Pathetic of Wenger though to start him and sell him within 24 hours. Man has completely lost it.

meninred

He is good technically for an english player. . arsenal has too many players so may be it is okay to cash in for them.
They are the healthiest club financially.

Litch

The start of the exodus from Arsenal. Without being sensationalistic, you have to wonder what that teams gonna look like in 12months.

lsd

The Oracle
Sanchez is a proven match winner who can turn matches on his own.

Chamberlain runs around pretty quickly making lots of poor decisions, tame shots, and misdirected passes.
Yeah I know that and it makes more sense for Arsenal to sell him rather than Sanchez , but from Sanchez's point of view it must be incredibly frustrating and hard to accept

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Has the money dried up? We've spent a shitload. Will probably end up being £200 million by the end of the week.
A shitload on a load of shit. What's the Net spend after selling off a few players (Matic 40, Chalobah 20, Solanke about 10 and that's off the top of my head)?

Morata replaced Costa, not as good. Bakayoko replaced Matic, not as good and also injured. Are you gonna be happy bringing in Ox and Danny Drinkwater?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
A shitload on a load of shit. What's the Net spend after selling off a few players (Matic 40, Chalobah 20, Solanke about 10 and that's off the top of my head)?

Morata replaced Costa, not as good. Bakayoko replaced Matic, not as good and also injured. Are you gonna be happy bringing in Ox and Danny Drinkwater?
A load of shit? Ok, whatever.

Chalobah went for about £6 million, not £20.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think the Ox will be a good signing for them. Conte will be a better manager for Chamberlain. I think Wenger allows his players too much freedom tactically, so when Arsenal are up against it you see a lot of their players looking lost, meandering around the pitch in confusion. With Conte, Chamberlain will know exactly what is expected. His versatility will be a plus too.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
A load of shit? Ok, whatever.
In comparison to who they've replaced. You have to be blinkered to think otherwise. Look at the effect Matic has already had on United. And you'll miss Costa, even without scoring he's a game changer. Now you want a Arsenal squad rotation player that goes missing 75% of games.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
In comparison to who they've replaced. You have to be blinkered to think otherwise. Look at the effect Matic has already had on United. And you'll miss Costa, even without scoring he's a game changer. Now you want a Arsenal squad rotation player that goes missing 75% of games.
I think the players we signed are very solid. We probably won't win the title this season but we're building a nice young core.

Minimalist

I don't think it's a bad buy. Remains to be seen what impact he can have at Chelsea.

If it's to be a solid wing-back for them then I'm sure he can be a short-term success at least.

MoskvaRed

He's a classic Arsenal player - expensive young potential that never developed to the next stage. I don't really understand this move for a Welbeck deluxe from a Chelsea POV unless, in the current inflated market, the chequebook is closed to genuine talent due to upcoming divorce proceedings.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Damn that shit Morata, only 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games, only 2 of which he started. What we're we thinking buying such dross..

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Matic wasn't having that effect at Chelsea though, you have to look at the system as well. I certainly wasn't thrilled to sell him to another team in England but it is what it is. We replaced him with a player who seems to fit better in our system and is 6 years younger.

Costa is a headcase who blew hot and cold. Obviously I'd rather have the player of the first half of last season in the team but Morata is an upgrade over Costa from the second half of the year if you ask me, and isn't a liability to tear a hamstring or throw his toys out of the pram.

TheReligion

Abusive
I can see where @Hullyback is coming from although I don't think Chelsea have bought utter dross. They have just not really improved and spent a fair bit in doing so.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Leicester get a pass but, it look like Chelsea are continuing the recent tradition of title winners getting complacent after a title win.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I can see where @Hullyback is coming from although I don't think Chelsea have bought utter dross. They have just not really improved and spent a fair bit in doing so.
I think this is a fair assessment but I'd also argue that the main concern going into the season was the lack of depth, especially as the team needed to compete on additional fronts this year. There wasn't a huge amount of room to improve the starting XI truth be told.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
As dominant champions, it would be hard to genuinely improve that much. Standing still while adding quality depth is a realistic transfer objective for them.

But willfully selling Costa and Matic is a very strange implementation of that strategy.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Damn that shit Morata, only 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games, only 2 of which he started. What we're we thinking buying such dross..
He only said that Morata isn't as good as Costa, which I think is a perfectly reasonable statement. Time will tell.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
As dominant champions, it would be hard to genuinely improve that much. Standing still while adding quality depth is a realistic transfer objective for them.

But willfully selling Costa and Matic is a very strange implementation of that strategy.
I think they are selling Costa because they are tired of his BS not because of his ability.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think he's a good signing for Chelsea. I can't comment on Bakayoko as I didn't see that much of Monaco last year (though I haven't been that impressed whenever I have seen him), but Ox, Morata and Drinkwater are all good signings, in my opinion. I don't know if it's a good enough window to compensate for the losses of Costa and Matic, though. Time will tell!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
if they accept bids for him, after wenger saying he wants to build the team around players like him, then what are they going to say when Alexis comes asking why they aren't accepting bids on him?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
if they accept bids for him, after wenger saying he wants to build the team around players like him, then what are they going to say when Alexis comes asking why they aren't accepting bids on him?
That was clearly a ploy to keep him. With alexis they know he will leave this year or next, so nothing is hidden in that regard.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
So Chelsea are signing him to play as RW or RWB?

Looked better as Wingback than any position.

FujiVice

I know our Jesse Lingard is a bit of a joke figure on here, but I bet over the season he delivers the goods more than Oxlade-Chaimberlain does. Ox is just more flashy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
TBH Ox will be a great squad player for Chelsea. He can play anywhere on the wing, central midfield or wing back. He's been playing LWB and RWB for Arsenal so far this year and looked their best player in a few of those games. His stamina and drive forward with the ball is perfect for that position, although clearly he isn't a natural defender.

They need English players, so it does make sense. Seems like everybody is jumping off the Arsenal ship :eek:

dbs235

So they're losing Ox, possibly Sanchez, Ozil next year too? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.