Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

4everUtd

"But every single game I play [is a highlight
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/575984/Man-Utd-Lyon-owner-eyes-bargain-Alexandre-Lacazette-sale

Man Utd on RED ALERT as Lyon owner weighs up bargain £22m Alexandre Lacazette sale
MANCHESTER UNITED have been quoted £22million for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette.
By JOE SHORT
18:38, Fri, May 8, 2015 | UPDATED: 18:52, Fri, May 8, 2015

The Red Devils are understood to be keen on signing the 23-year-old striker, according to French magazinele10sport.

It is thought Lyon owner and chairman Jean-Michel Aulas wants to keep hold of his star player but accepts big bids may come in for him this summer.

And it seems Aulas will only consider bids in excess of his top valuation - which sits at the £22m mark.

Lacazette has scored 29 goals in 33 games this season, including six in his last seven outings.

Alexandre Lacazette has scored 29 goals for Lyon this season
Considering United have a clause to sign Radamel Falcao of over £40m if they so wish, and are reportedly chasing 13-goal Palermo striker Paulo Dybala for £29m, Lacazette's fee seems surpassingly cheap.

But Louis van Gaal is not alone in his admiration of the striker.

United will have to fight off Paris Saint-Germain for the France international this summer as the Ligue 1 club begin a costs-saving exercise.

PSG are being closely watched by UEFA's Financial Fair Play monitors and must sell this summer before they buy.

They are expected to lose a number of key players, including midfielder Marco Verratti and striker Edinson Cavani, meaning there will be an opening for bargain man Lacazette

What do people reckon about this one? I've honestly. Never seen him play, young and scoring goals, worth a punt?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
As we are lacking pace up front....how quick is he?

Truedevil

I don't know much about him but surely we would buy someone like him over Danny Ings. 22 million pounds is not much either for someone, who has scored 29 goals in 33 matches in Ligue 1. That's a decent record. That would also mean we got ourselves two promising, proven players in Memphis and Lacazette for a combined fee of 40 mln.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
He is very good. For me, typical obvious young talent, maybe exactly what we could do with, but won't even be interested.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If we buy him and Depay as well, that is 2 of the top 5 scorers in the top 5 leagues this season, bought for around £45 million.

This could be our best summer yet.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Looks an excellent player from the few times I have seen Lyon this season. Want.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like just the player Chelsea need to cover for or play alongside an injury prone Costa. Remy and Drogba aren't cutting it.

Riz

PSG are being closely watched by UEFA's Financial Fair Play monitors and must sell this summer before they buy.

They are expected to lose a number of key players, including midfielder Marco Verratti and striker Edinson Cavani, meaning there will be an opening for bargain man Lacazette.
They'll sell both, sign Lacazette, and we'll pick up Cavani instead of Verratti. :lol::(

HabeasC

He's second after Messi and ronaldo for goals and assists so far this calendar year.

It's even more impressive given that the French league is solid defensively and scoring that many goals is very hard there.

Only thing is that with Rooney a definote starter and only one ST position, we probably don't have tool for him. I'd take him over falcao though at the minute...
Also think he'll be a lot more than £22m

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Obligatory compilation with music that no one likes to listen to:

It seems that the quality of his finishing improves as the compilation goes on.

Plus, he can take penalties! For that price and at his age, could be a good addition should we not extend Falcao's loan.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Sounds like just the player Chelsea need to cover for or play alongside an injury prone Costa. Remy and Drogba aren't cutting it.
Kind of player that Liverpool desperately need but have no chance to getting.

I won't disagree that Chelsea will be in the running if he becomes available.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He'd be a great addition but I doubt we're interested. This is the first time we've been linked to him and it's not exactly from a reliable source either. Also, PSG will do everything in their power to get Lacazette after missing out on Depay to us.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I can't see us signing a striker who'd expect to start unless LVG is planning to begin the transition next season of Rooney not being a starter for us.

Although a front 3 of Lacazette-Rooney-Depay sounds fecking beautiful :drool:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's second after Messi and ronaldo for goals and assists so far this calendar year.

It's even more impressive given that the French league is solid defensively and scoring that many goals is very hard there.

Only thing is that with Rooney a definote starter and only one ST position, we probably don't have tool for him. I'd take him over falcao though at the minute...
Also think he'll be a lot more than £22m
Wouldn't that make him 3rd then?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
:lol: True! For someone reason I regarded them as a single entity....
:D I suppose they are that much better than everyone else it seems a little unfair to judge others against them. So let's just say he's no.1 and ignore the two demigods!

LARulz

He feels like a Chelsea signing but would love it if we signed him. His record is pretty incredible and we'd look like hell of a team with players like him, Depay, Di Maria and co

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd be interested, but he would need to come in a d challenge Rooney for the 9, I doubt he'd come to be back up.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We haven't had a striker scoring over 20 goals in a season since RVP in our title winning season under Sir Alex, I think Lacazette is an obvious player to look at if van Gaal wants a reliable scoring option up front. Rooney will be 30 at the start of next season and I don't think he's the kind of player who ages well. His last 20+ goal season in the league was 2011/12.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
We haven't had a striker scoring over 20 goals in a season since RVP in our title winning season under Sir Alex, I think Lacazette is an obvious player to look at if van Gaal wants a reliable scoring option up front. Rooney will be 30 at the start of next season and I don't think he's the kind of player who ages well. His last 20+ goal season in the league was 2011/12.
Play Rooney as the lone striker and he'll score 30+, they say...

Deleted member 78215

fluid front 3 of depay rooney and lacazette?
I'm going to be really harsh on Rooney here, and say nothing with Rooney involved is fluid. It used to be, but not anymore. Rooney should be a striker now, nothing else. He's mediocre in midfield and he doesn't have the technique for wing play, so no, no fluid front three.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The most interesting thing in that opening article is it says psg will sell Verratti
I for one can't see that happening!
As for lacazette he would certainly inject some pace and at 22m would be an interesting option... Like the Verratti part of the article though 22m sounds wrong to me especially if a few clubs show interest

Oo0AahCantona

I'm going to be really harsh on Rooney here, and say nothing with Rooney involved is fluid. It used to be, but not anymore. Rooney should be a striker now, nothing else. He's mediocre in midfield and he doesn't have the technique for wing play, so no, no fluid front three.
thats a shame. i see a lot of daniel sturridge in lacazette.

Revan

Assumptionman
Said before: if we are going to sign a striker this summer it should be one of Dybala, Lacazette or Vietto.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
What do you think happens, when Rooney has diarrhea?

Status
Not open for further replies.