Alexandre Lacazette

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I pointed him out as an alternative to Morata and also said Arsenal has had a good transfer summer. It's early, but the quality of Lacazette is obvious.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Would you rather have Giroud off the bench or Welbeck? I think Giroud is the better striker and in theory would fit better with Lacazette, so imagine the effectiveness when Giroud is coming off the bench against a tired defense.
Giroud off the bench is basically our Scholskaer. The latter was said to read the game well so did well coming on. With Giroud, I'm not sure if it's that or because he's really slow and excels against slow legs/bodies when he's fresher.

So Giroud off the bench, Welbeck starting for me.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Also, Wenger has been very clear that he intends to blow off the Europa League. It will be a pain but it's only a problem in terms of fatigue and injury if your first XI actually plays. And I don't see that happening much, unless we progress well into the knockouts.
Yea is there any link for that pal?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
All his fellow big money striker signings from the Summer have hit the ground running.

He was very poor in the Chelsea game and the pressure is on.

Still a good player though although I'm not sure he has Wenger's full faith.

AshRK

All his fellow big money striker signings from the Summer have hit the ground running.

He was very poor in the Chelsea game and the pressure is on.

Still a good player though although I'm not sure he has Wenger's full faith.
Honestly even morata was pretty dire against arsenal. Wenger is not using lacazatte properly. I still think if used properly he will shine..

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You can't really blame Lacazette.
Wenger's use of him has been all over the place.
You also have to consider he's playing for the worst side of the lot.

El Jefe

I think he's a top player being used wrong.

I bet he regrets not waiting for Atletico. He's have scored bucket loads there.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think he's a top player being used wrong.
I bet he regrets not waiting for Atletico. He's have scored bucket loads there.
^^Agreed^^
Lacazette is a cracking little player, he should be in a far better team than this Arsenal bunch.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Well yeah, not starting and being subbed off would generally add to the perception that he hasn't been that good. No?
No it doesn't. It adds to the perception that Wenger is a moron and only knows how to sub him off to keep his french lamppost from sulking and looking to leave.

Lacazette should be up there goals wise with Kane/lukaku/morata but unlike them he gets only 60 mins tops or 20 mins from the bench. Extremely misused.

Robbie Boy

No it doesn't. It adds to the perception that Wenger is a moron and only knows how to sub him off to keep his french lamppost from sulking and looking to leave.

Lacazette should be up there goals wise with Kane/lukaku/morata but unlike them he gets only 60 mins tops or 20 mins from the bench. Extremely misused.
Well yeah, but to non-Arsenal supporters, it looks as though he has been underwhelming when you see that he has been subbed / dropped.

izec

I dont think he is that bad in general. Arsenal are also a bit shit. Put him in the City squad, and he would bang them in and look much more impressive.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
I dont think he is that bad in general. Arsenal are also a bit shit. Put him in the City squad, and he would bang them in and look much more impressive.
Yea that doesn't help either. Also some of our players are a bit daft crossing to lacazette and playing to giroud feet.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
The truth is usually in the middle when it comes to 'great player would be doing so much better at X club' and 'underwhelming player'. He's a great shot and great finisher with good link up play but his movement and pace isn't the best. Against a parked bus Giroud has advantages over Lacazette.

Wenger does have to keep 2 centre forwards happy but I also wonder if the injury was legit and he's been sparred game time because of that.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Yea that doesn't help either. Also some of our players are a bit daft crossing to lacazette and playing to giroud feet.
:lol::lol: I remember in the 15/16 season we never crossed with Benteke on the pitch but for some reason when Firmino was up front we would just pump balls in to the box.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And so? Have you read this place recently? Lukaku has been made out to be a donkey.
Yeah but the caf once called Pogba the "elephant in the room" and Mourinho is an outdated dinosaur, so...

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Wenger's magic touch with players is long gone. Van Persie was the last one to really improve under him.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I like him, don't think it helps him being in and out of the team and regularly subbed off in games

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Out of Lukaku, morata and Lacazette... I'd say he's probably the best long term option. Most talented of the 3, though a bit inconsistent and needs to impose himself on games more. Lukaku has the best goalscoring instinct, morata the most typical target man type, but overall I'd give it to Lacazette. Not sure if he'll ever be at the very top level of prem strikers like Kane or Aguero, but probably has the best shot to reach that level of being quality all around and turning into a consistent goalscorer.

el3mel

I think he was underwhelming. I haven't been really impressed at all by him this season most of times I saw.

Another season proving that Kane is better than anyone.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Out of Lukaku, morata and Lacazette... I'd say he's probably the best long term option. Most talented of the 3, though a bit inconsistent and needs to impose himself on games more. Lukaku has the best goalscoring instinct, morata the most typical target man type, but overall I'd give it to Lacazette.
Lacazette is the best even though he's not as good as Lukaku or Morata? :houllier:

haram

Out of Lukaku, morata and Lacazette... I'd say he's probably the best long term option. Most talented of the 3, though a bit inconsistent and needs to impose himself on games more. Lukaku has the best goalscoring instinct, morata the most typical target man type, but overall I'd give it to Lacazette.
Based off what? He has done nothing to prove he is better than either Morata or Lukaku.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Not sure Lacazette is much better than Giroud tbh.

Peanut Butter

Lacazette is a YouTube Highlights Reel player. Never good enough for a Man Utd, Chelsea or City.

Perfect for Arsenal though.

el3mel

I haven't found him that good in either first touch, finishing or all round play. Looks painfully average striker for a top 4 club at best.

That was my opinion during summer as well.