Alexis offered to Roma

Raw

This is starting to gather pace now different stories that we are trying to offload him. Media must have been briefed. Ole has probably seen enough of him to question a) His attitude and b) His contribution to the team.

On top of that you have his astronomical wages which has destroyed the salary structure of the club. Needs to go and needs to go this window. Nevile alluded to Ole wanting 3-4 players out but couldnt do it at once. I am guessing they were Lukaku, Sanchez, Matic and Rojo
I'd say Darmian instead of Matic. We're already very thin in midfield, I can't see Matic leaving.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully this is true and he goes to some other club. Worst transfer in our history probably considering how poor he was and how much his contract messed up other contract extensions.

Red_toad

James is needed on the right while Martial will be needed upfront to cover/compete for Rashford. We are extremely light upfront and yet all we seem to care about is slashing the salary bill and pocketing on lukaku's money.
We’re saving up next summers 70 million so we can get a bit of interest on it obviously ;). But seriously I’m not bothered if Sanchez leaves, we’re not winning the title with or without him. Ole is building his team and it’s going to be an up and down journey. There will be plenty of meltdowns along the way and the team is better off without problematic players who cause disharmony.

Woodzy

I still have the smallest glimmer of hope for him but I think it would be better all round if got out of the way to make room for the younger players.

I think that if he stays, when he gets fit there will be this sort of inevitability that he will be involved regardless of form.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
To say I'd be happy to see him gone would be an understatement. I dont actually think it even leaves us short either given he's always injured anyway

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We’re saving up next summers 70 million so we can get a bit of interest on it obviously ;). But seriously I’m not bothered if Sanchez leaves, we’re not winning the title with or without him. Ole is building his team and it’s going to be an up and down journey. There will be plenty of meltdowns along the way and the team is better off without problematic players who cause disharmony.
Let's hope he knows what he is doing cause we are very light upfront. 1-2 injuries and we will kiss top 4 goodbye. Oh well that would be a great excuse for not buying top players. It wouldn't be the club's fault if Jadon or Dybala wouldn't sign then

Patrick08

I hope it doesn't come out biting our arse
I think I will eventually. No manager with proper experience would agree to weaken further. It just shows inexperience of the manager and money mindedness of the ceo

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think I will eventually. No manager with proper experience would agree to weaken further. It just shows inexperience of the manager and money mindedness of the ceo
I hope ole is not doing a Cardiff ie relying on players whom while technically sound were unsuited for the task at hand (ie relegation fighting campaign) . Philosophy has already costed him big

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
To say I'd be happy to see him gone would be an understatement. I dont actually think it even leaves us short either given he's always injured anyway
I don't see that its much of a risk TBH, what has Sanchez ever delivered, 5 goals over 2 seasons...? WOW..!!
He's had his chance, didn't take it, I'd much rather see one of the young lads given more game time.

red4ever 79

I'd say Darmian instead of Matic. We're already very thin in midfield, I can't see Matic leaving.
You mis understood me. Neville said there was 4 players who Ole wants rid of. He was alluding to their attitude and influence on the club and the other players. We know Lukaku and Sanchez are two of them. I am just guessing who the others are. I suspect Rojo is one being as we tried to get rid of him on deadline day. I dont know who the other bad apple is. I dont think it is Darmian. Doesnt strike me as that type.

fps

It's pretty obvious performance generally isn't as high after 30 as before in physical attributes. You only have to look at Olympics and suchlike events and compare unders and overs.

However football of course isn't just about the athletics side so many players can perform very well for ages after.
But generally not those that start young and have such a furious and accelerating style.
This is the key point, United have signed another Rooney here. Not the extraordinary, explosive pre-injuries one man army of teens to mid-20s, the other one. If Sanchez is going to be in the United squad, he needs to be there as a striker only. He also needs only to start matches, and for certain matches for tactical reasons. He's too much of an injury risk to use as a substitute.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It's definitely time for us to sort this situation. Really bad for the rest of the team, having this guy milking the club for massive money with no return, I would be really pee'd off if I was a team mate.

He has literally shown us nothing of his former self except maybe the goal against Arsenal. I mean, we've had players come and be underwhelming but this guy has literally dropped off a cliff. Until recently I had hope we may just see something this season but looking at the situation he's in right now I already know he will contribute very little.

Whatever it takes, get rid of him asap. An open and weeping sore on the club.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
You can't always keep looking at the past, but you have to look at the future, which is immediate future.
He was signed on the quality he showed in the past- none of which he has shown at United.

We havent had him in the team firing on all cylinders - so we wont miss him when he goes

buckooo1978

Hopefully he leaves.

Arguably our worst ever signing.
I think you can make a strong argument for that

• completely ineffective player
  • cost us a fortune (player exchange and wages)
  • disrupted Martial/Rashford progress
  • fecked up wage structure and impact on Herrera, De Gea contracts
  • impact on potential signings expectations?
  • who knows what else

DCP

Let's be honest, he could still have a part to play, however he's lost the team and lost the supporters. Get him out,

Makes the Mkhi to Arsenal deal look VERY VERY bad if we let Sanchez go on a free AND pay his wages.

SCJY

Let's be honest, he could still have a part to play, however he's lost the team and lost the supporters. Get him out,

Makes the Mkhi to Arsenal deal look VERY VERY bad if we let Sanchez go on a free AND pay his wages.
I watched the Arsenal game on opening day and Mkhi was INCREDIBLY wasteful, moany, greedy and ineffective. They are both awful players and a bad deal all-round.

nainaisson

We're not getting rid of him, so we might as well play him. He'd have made a better No.10 than Pereira last Sunday.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We are asking them to do way more then the class of 92 did back when they became first teamer. The class of 92 were older, they had a better manager and they played with better players.
They are only backup... even if Lukaku and Sanchez stays they will be playing mostly backup role anyway.

Stadjer

I watched the Arsenal game on opening day and Mkhi was INCREDIBLY wasteful, moany, greedy and ineffective. They are both awful players and a bad deal all-round.
Mkhi had one good pass at Auba which could have been an assist but besides that he was pretty bad.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
We're not getting rid of him, so we might as well play him. He'd have made a better No.10 than Pereira last Sunday.
What a ridiculous comparison. Pereira didnt play 10 and had a fine game considering the game plan gave possession to Chelsea. Do you think Sanchez would have done half the work off the ball for the team?

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
We'd love for you to have him too:)
Have your manager convince him to take a massive pay cut and he's all yours:D
Honestly if his wages weren't stupidly high, I reckon we'd doing all we can to get him. I reckon he still has it in him to perform well especially in Serie A. We'll do what all Italian clubs love doing i.e. request a loan and ask the parent club to pay part of his wages...apparently this is what we have asked Liverpool to do regarding Lovren :nervous:

Rolaholic

Definitely seems as if the media have been briefed,have absolutely zero problem with selling him given that he offers absolutely nothing to the team at the moment besides having an extra body on the bench and even then, I'd much rather the likes of James/Greenwood get playing time over him.

Genuinely might be the worst transfer of the decade

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think I'd rather just take the chance of an injury to Rashford, Martial, James, Greenwood, Chong, etc and just get rid of Sanchez than keep him just in case we do get an injury.

We can always pick up someone cheap in January if needs be and it rids us of the Sanchez problem at least until next summer. We all want him gone and forgotten about so why would anyone really be against it?

This season is essentially a complete toss up anyway and Sanchez isn't gonna swing it one way or another if he's here so we might as well get rid anyway we can and preserve the squad unity.

ChaddyP

What a ridiculous comparison. Pereira didnt play 10 and had a fine game considering the game plan gave possession to Chelsea. Do you think Sanchez would have done half the work off the ball for the team?
Played there first half.

SteveW

A will breathe a huge sigh of relief the day he leaves. Even just on loan. Don't want to see him in a United shirt again.

Alemar

The fourth player OGS wants out (after Lukaku, Rojo and Alexis as obvious three) can’t be Darmian - as Darmian was effectively out long ago already and he shouldn’t count at all.

He nearly never makes the bench (let alone play), doesn’t receive high wages, produces zero media actions - his presence (or lack thereof) is irrelevant.

Ole must have been thinking about more high profile players to leave - so it must be either Jones or Smalling (Bailly can’t leave with his injury), or Fred (Matic was in the squad for Chelsea, so the manager counts on him obviously, even if not as a starter).

ChaddyP

Definitely didn’t. We weren’t playing with a 10.
Definitely did. Andreas was the one trying to press and mark Jorginho. That changed second half. He went out to the right hand side and lingard went central.

Roboc7

If there is a chance to get rid then have to take it, leaves us short but he’s hardly done anything since he joined.

Looks like it’s going to be tough to shift a lot of these players now so we have to stop renewing contracts and not let opportunities to offload players pass by.

Edy2

So we're losing another forward without replacing him.
He only scored 2 or 3 goals last season iirc, he doesn't need replacing. These few goals will be replaced by the youngsters coming through.

Brophs

The One and Only
It all reads more like wishful thinking from United than any genuine transfer interest.

SCJY

Danny Welbeck offered more last season with a record of 5 goals in 14 appearances.
Alexis Sanchez scored 2 times in 27 appearances.

Too bad Welbeck went to Watford. I would have taken him over Sanchez any day based on those figures.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's ages since this story broke; are Roma still laughing?

Superunknown

I know that he's not lived up to expectations since arriving, but...it just seems foolish at this point even mooting the idea of him going. Selling Lukaku and Sanchez without buying replacements is maybe a bit much. I guess it all depends on Sanchez's current state, whether he is in a position to actually contribute or not. We do need to shift deadwood at the club, but he's potentially a useful player to have. A very frustrating player and problem. The easiest solution for everyone is for Sanchez to sort himself out and prove himself at the club.