Alexis offered to Roma

Grande

You asked me why I am so negative in the previous post. Well, rather then negative (which I am, cause I don't see a bright future for the club) I am more of pissed off really. Here's the reason why.

After hiring three managers whom for one reason or another weren't suited for United we go on and hire Ole. Now we might argue whether he's good enough for United or even go to the nitty gritty of things like his recruitment strategy or his tactics. If you ask me, I think that the guy has plenty of potential however he needs SOLID Guidance in terms of transfers, tactics etc, something btw, he agrees upon himself hence why he hired Phelan. Anyway, lets forget all about that for a moment. When a club hire a legend then its saddles the responsibility to support him properly and help him succeed. That should be given to any manager, but with legends things should be taken to another level. That's because while someone like Mourinho can easily show the middle finger to his experience with United, that can't be said about Ole. Ole's entire career rotates largely with this club. So if he fails on this, a big chunk of Ole's hardwork and life will be tarnished. It would be like if George RR Martin's GOT's last book had Feck off suckers printed over end over again from page 1 till the end.

Instead what does this club do? They allow him to say stuff like 'survival of the fittest' comment only to poorly support him on the transfer market. He wasn't even allowed to use Lukaku's money to bring in a replacement. Meanwhile he's having to manage an unbalanced side with 7 CBs on one side and barely any CM, RW and forwards at all. I mean its one thing for the owners not to give a feck about the club's history or to show an ounce of ambition. However ruining a legend's experience at the club is really OTT.
Believe me, I fully understand your pissed-off-ness and anger about the above stuff (apart from the George Martin stunt - that would have given me a good long snigger). I was fuming and partly still am very angry about all of that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just thinking about Sanchez’s wages and our contribution and I think it might actually work out well for us.

We could structure it so Inter Milan take on his entire wages and pay him with their tax rate and our contribution is paid as a lump sum to Inter Milan meaning that we not only benefit from Inter’s contribution but also Italian tax rates.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You think finding two key forward players is that easy. We tried with Dybala. He didn't want to come. It's not as simple as replacement.

Mourinho fecked us. He put us in a position where we can no longer attract the best of the best. It will take time. First step is to get rid.
So you think we've got a bigger chance of attracting the best of the best if we keep getting rid of players without replacing them?

el3mel

And what do you believe? We didn't try signing anyone? We just chose not to?
So what, it's Mandzukic or nothing ? Lukaku was negotiating with Inter for the majority of summer and we had far more than enough time to at least bring a good striker, any striker, not just Mandzukic. Signing any striker would have been better than entering the season with this state.

Velvet Revolver

Let me tell you what I think about Sanchez. First of all I wonder who was the genius who gave Sanchez such ridiculous contract especially at a time when so many players were in the middle of the contract renewal in the first place. I guess its the same guys who gave Rojo, Mata and Jones ridiculously long contracts. Surely anyone with brains would have notice that paying a player so much in terms of salary would have lead to problems. Anyway I had absolutely no problem with us getting rid of Sanchez. However that should have been done after making sure we actually have cover for Rashford, a RW etc. FFS what's the point of sparing a measly 10m off our payroll when we're so light upfront? We're talking about Manchester United here, one of the richest clubs in the world, not Bury.

So now we are in a situation when we're 10m in the bank, we're extremely light upfront and guess what? Sanchez will be back on our payroll in 10 months time ie older and probably more reluctant to come back then before. Maybe that's the tea lady's or the kit man's fault rather then lets say Woodward, the Glazers or Judge. Irrespective of that, someone should be hanged for this incompetence.
I understand your sentiment, but your reference of Sanchez to support that sentiment is a little weak. He has not contributed to anything good last season and before that, so how is he being in our squad helpful? rather has Chong or Gomes his spot. And if inter is going to pay for 40-70% ( depending on which report you read) of his wages that's a good deal. Bottom line, we would have been weak upfront with or without him.

AceUnited

Another scapegoat gone, who are we going to blame now

Lingard is still here though

"Scapegoat"..... Scape Headless Chicken is more like it.

The guy is always "INJURED" but whenever Chile calls him up he is ready. If we would have kept him, he would have joined Chile in the international break and guess what???? he would have came back INJURED.

We are heading in the right direction. The guys that don't want to be here are being weeded out. We might have a thin squad, but by the end of the season we have a good understanding of how well our squad, specially the young players actually are instead of hoping that they will become good someday.

This is called Re-Building a Team. Which should have been done right after SAF. Be patient and stand behind Ole, The Team and our Players. For the first time in years I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel.

devilish

I understand your sentiment, but your reference of Sanchez to support that sentiment is a little weak. He has not contributed to anything good last season and before that, so how is he being in our squad helpful? rather has Chong or Gomes his spot. And if inter is going to pay for 40-70% ( depending on which report you read) of his wages that's a good deal. Bottom line, we would have been weak upfront with or without him.
He's been in decline and he has been unlucky with injuries which surely haven't helped his performances however if we were lucky to get even 50% of what he once was then he would still be a better option then the likes of Jesse and the rest of the myths in the academy whom we keep mentioning but never playing. I think that letting yet another player go for a measly 5-10m in crazy. We're too light upfront.

Velvet Revolver

He's been in decline and he has been unlucky with injuries which surely haven't helped his performances however if we were lucky to get even 50% of what he once was then he would still be a better option then the likes of Jesse and the rest of the myths in the academy whom we keep mentioning but never playing. I think that letting yet another player go for a measly 5-10m in crazy. We're too light upfront.
What's the point of keeping Sanchez and expecting him to do 50% when we can get a 110% from a Youngster? My personal opinion, I rather have Chong play instead of Sanchez at least we can see if the potential can translate into something better.
shaving 5-10 millón off the books is not bad for a player who doesn't want to be here. We are not selling him it's a loan. There is always an option where if he does well maybe he can do it here next season or sell him on for a better fee. It's not the end of the world as you make it out to be

devilish

What's the point of keeping Sanchez and expecting him to do 50% when we can get a 110% from a Youngster? My personal opinion, I rather have Chong play instead of Sanchez at least we can see if the potential can translate into something better.
shaving 5-10 millón off the books is not bad for a player who doesn't want to be here. We are not selling him it's a loan. There is always an option where if he does well maybe he can do it here next season or sell him on for a better fee. It's not the end of the world as you make it out to be
I am referring to Sanchez at 50% talent here.

devilish

come man give over, 100% talent of Sanchez did squawk for us and you expect 50% of his talent to do something for us? lets stop this discussion as you clearly don't want to listen to things that you don't want to listen to
we never saw Sanchez at 100% and probably no one will ever see that again. However, considering the tripe we've got up front even at 50% he would be an important player for us.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
we never saw Sanchez at 100% and probably no one will ever see that again. However, considering the tripe we've got up front even at 50% he would be an important player for us.
Sanchez has never shown anything in his 18 months for us (or his last 6 months at Arsenal for that matter) that would indicate he is capable of contributing enough to be an important player for us. And not only has he generally been terrible himself, he's generally made Pogba and Martial (our two most talented and arguably important players) play worse as he doesn't combine well with them at all. He's been getting an increasing amount of injuries. He is also quite likely a disruptive influence in the dressing room and hurting team harmony and morale, whether directly or because of what he signifies - arguably the worst player in the team being literally the highest paid player in the league. That also of course makes our contract negotiations with other players harder as they rightfully will be pointing to what he earns and asking the question.

I do feel sorry for him, but the negatives of keeping him outweigh the small chance of him actually providing a positive.

Rameses

Wonder what Inter fans are thinking about the deal. They have bought a player who is potentially useless for 150-200K a week, whereas they could have probably got a couple of Greenwood level players from the lesser teams in Serie A.

Ok, just trying to come up with arguments to feel a little better.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Will probably end up scoring more than Lukaku.

Falcao looked proper finished in his sporadic stint in the PL then went on to have a couple more top years, so I don’t see why Sanchez couldn’t do the same in a slower league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had his name on my shirt last season, and he barely even got on the pitch when I was up there, let alone score!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The true delight of his unveiling, versus the 18months after has to be the biggest disappointment I can remember in a signing.
Van Persie aside I can't think of a player I was more amazed we'd got, in the last couple of decades.