Alexis offered to Roma

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yes exactly. Anyone we either don't want here, or who doesn't want to be here, is best gone from the squad.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
I think people are missing the point. If Sanchez has asked to leave and categorically said he doesn't want to play for us anymore then for the betterment of the squad we definitely have to let him go.

Ole has come out publicly to back him in previous press conferences, but maybe it seemed that Sanchez has made up his mind he wants to restart his career in Italy.

Slowly we are getting rid of players who have questionable attitudes and possible negative effects on the dressing room. At the end of the day, I would rather give youth a chance than persist with a 31 year old Sanchez who has a limited future at the club anyways. Therefore, whatever costs we incur from his loan are irrelevant if it means the club moves forwards.

There is a long term plan to rebuild the team with players who give a shit about the club and who have the potential to become world class. Thats fine by me if we have to go through some growing pains.
Your post made so many sense that probably most of the other users hate it..

redmanc

Rather he not be here and rely on a youth team player than have him in or around the squad on full pay on standby should we actually be desperate enough to include him. Hes been incredibly wasteful and lethargic in his time here and it's best for everyone he goes for good asap.

crossy1686

career ending
Glad he's off, his mere presence around the place upsets people. Offered absolutely nothing in his time here so it makes sense to get another team to pay some of his wages to not play for them instead of having us pay all his wages not to play for us.

Only setting clear examples of these time wasters coming in a treating us like a stepping stone. Standards certainly seem to be rising this season.

JoaquinJoaquin

He is obviously finished as a top player, but letting another attacker leave without a replacement is just bad planning.

JohnnyKills

Rather he not be here and rely on a youth team player than have him in or around the squad on full pay on standby should we actually be desperate enough to include him. Hes been incredibly wasteful and lethargic in his time here and it's best for everyone he goes for good asap.
Yeah I agree. Plus him and his wage are a time-bomb in the dressing room.

JohnnyKills

I think people are missing the point. If Sanchez has asked to leave and categorically said he doesn't want to play for us anymore then for the betterment of the squad we definitely have to let him go.

Ole has come out publicly to back him in previous press conferences, but maybe it seemed that Sanchez has made up his mind he wants to restart his career in Italy.

Slowly we are getting rid of players who have questionable attitudes and possible negative effects on the dressing room. At the end of the day, I would rather give youth a chance than persist with a 31 year old Sanchez who has a limited future at the club anyways. Therefore, whatever costs we incur from his loan are irrelevant if it means the club moves forwards.

There is a long term plan to rebuild the team with players who give a shit about the club and who have the potential to become world class. Thats fine by me if we have to go through some growing pains.
Agree. Sanchez is clearly finished at United and not part of Solskjaer's plans so we are losing nothing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yes it is, it’s a necessary step towards getting him gone.
We're left with an unbalanced squad which extremely light upfront and all for what, to spare less then 10m from our payroll? Its not as if we're going to invest those 10m in a new player anytime soon

Sanchez should have been sold. However a club with some ambition wouldn't let so many CMs and forwards to go without replacement. That's just criminal.

Enigma_87

You know who

Last interview about him in Ole's words:

‘He is a great professional. He comes in and works hard. He has not been put in the reserves, he has been training with the first team’.

"Alexis is such a professional and he comes in working every single day really hard," Solskjaer said.

"And he wants to be a part of this and it's these stories he's again that he's been put in the reserves, of course he hasn't. He's a part of our squad and a very, very good player.

“He's had three weeks now, he's a few weeks behind the rest but he's close to being part of it. We don't have the biggest forward line in numbers, so Alexis might end up playing a lot more games than you expect, because we expect him to come good at this club, he's quality.

"We've had a behind closed doors game, and he's training, he's doing a little bit of extras, he'll be gradually integrated into more and more playing time, but we'll have more behind closed doors games.

“With one game a week now, it's hard to keep players ticking, so we're arranging a few of them."
Does that sound to you that he has questionable attitude?

Problem with him is that he's simply past his better days, doesn't mean he has questionable attitude.

Last edited:

RedNed77

I really dont see us missing him at all. The sad truth is I'd rather see Ashley Young in that left wing position than Sanchez. It'd have been better if we could have got him off the books entirely, but I'll settle for this for now.

El Zoido

We're left with an unbalanced squad which extremely light upfront and all for what, to spare less then 10m from our payroll? Its not as if we're going to invest those 10m in a new player anytime soon

Sanchez should have been sold. However a club with some ambition wouldn't let so many CMs and forwards to go without replacement. That's just criminal.
Nobody will buy Sanchez because no club will match his salary or come close. This is the issue. At least this loan is one foot out the door.

I’ve no doubt Ole will be looking to recruit in the positions you’ve mentioned, it just takes time. With the players we’ve sold, and the players he’s frozen out already, he’s made a great start at cleaning this mess up. If we can build an identity this season it’ll put us in a good position to bring players in.

devilish

Nobody will buy Sanchez because no club will match his salary or come close. This is the issue. At least this loan is one foot out the door.

I’ve no doubt Ole will be looking to recruit in the positions you’ve mentioned, it just takes time. With the players we’ve sold, and the players he’s frozen out already, he’s made a great start at cleaning this mess up. If we can build an identity this season it’ll put us in a good position to bring players in.
Transfers should had been made prior letting players go not beforehand. Now we're left with a team that has 7 CBs on one hand and barely anyone able to play upfront on the other. Also we're not really letting Sanchez go. He'll probably be back on our payroll in 10 months time.

Seriously mate, I can't see how anyone can try to justify all this. This club is one hell of a joke

Velvet Revolver

Transfers should had been made prior letting players go not beforehand. Now we're left with a team that has 7 CBs on one hand and barely anyone able to play upfront on the other. Also we're not really letting Sanchez go. He'll probably be back on our payroll in 10 months time.

Seriously mate, I can't see how anyone can try to justify all this. This club is one hell of a joke
You can't buy when you have so many deadwood, you need to clear them before there is space made to buy new players. You just need a reason to blame the club and manager for everything

crossy1686

career ending
Last interview about him in Ole's words:

Does that sound to you that he has questionable attitude?

Problem with him is that he's simply past his better days, doesn't mean he has questionable attitude.
People read too much into this stuff.

Ole knew full well we were touting him around the world to be picked up by someone else so what's he going to say?

"Yeah he's a bit of a cnut to be honest. He's done nothing while he's been here apart from upset everyone due to his wages and lack of output, in fact, we're almost certain a kid from the reserve team could give us more options."

"On top of that, he's only willing to play left wing despite us having limited options on the right. We'll all be glad when he's gone but as it happens he's got about another 3 years left on his deal so we'll have to put up with the shit until then, because let's face it, you'd have to be fecking daft to go anywhere near him."

Grande

This I can agree with. Almost criminal, at any rate. It was a huge disappointment. It bugs me that we don’t know what has happened behind the scenes. Solskjær’s statements about how many positions we were looking to strengthen, and about if Lukaku (or Pogba) left, we’d have to replace them, points to him having identified targets in midfield/attack, and that Woodgate/Judge couldn’t or wouldn’t bring them in. Solskjær then again might have been offered a choice of keeping Lukaku/Sanchez, get in second or third choices or wait until prime choices became available and stick with youth. Hard to say. Solskjær has said positive things about both Lukaku and Sanchez, but it doesn’t say much - even if he thought them toxic and rubbish, he wouldn’t say so in public while needing other clubs to want to pay up for them. Woodgate of course have said precious little, which is also probably for the best.

The result is that we are extremely thin forward, in the short term, and we are uncertain who’s to blame. Apart from Woodgate/Glazers, who certainly are to blame one way or the other.

In the long run, it may well be that getting rid of Lukaku and Sanchez was right and important regardless, like it was right getting rid of Ince and Sharpe in 95. But we had better players in 95, and the competition is much harder now, so ‘bouncing back with kids’ will look different. With this squad, 4th place will be a good achievement.

What I hope, is that we are in this situation because of high ambition, not because of low ambition. Time will tell.

Enigma_87

You know who
People read too much into this stuff.

Ole knew full well we were touting him around the world to be picked up by someone else so what's he going to say?

"Yeah he's a bit of a cnut to be honest. He's done nothing while he's been here apart from upset everyone due to his wages and lack of output, in fact, we're almost certain a kid from the reserve team could give us more options."

"On top of that, he's only willing to play left wing despite us having limited options on the right. We'll all be glad when he's gone but as it happens he's got about another 3 years left on his deal so we'll have to put up with the shit until then, because let's face it, you'd have to be fecking daft to go anywhere near him."
Point is we haven't heard any indication of him being disruptive for the dressing room, just journo stuff due to his wages. He's just over the hill, not toxic..
If we got him off our books we needed to replace him simple as, even if it means getting someone like Stuani or Zlatan for a 1 year loan...

KetilOwren88

He also has a clause in his contract that United have to pay him for every game he plays? Am I right? Another good reason to ship him off.

devilish

You can't buy when you have so many deadwood, you need to clear them before there is space made to buy new players. You just need a reason to blame the club and manager for everything
I blame the club when we end with a mid table squad as we currently have

Amerifan

Guess you started supporting us post-Rooney.
That is about the time I started supporting United, so my recollection could be faulty. I thought Wayne was 18 when he signed for us. He also was a known quantity then, having two years of PL experience, plus international success at the senior level. Greenwood may be the next Rooney, I certainly hope he is, but he hasn’t had the opportunity to prove that yet.

Velvet Revolver

Should I blame Fr Christmas for two years of under investment and incompetence?
Whatever floats your boat bro!

on a serious note, yes the club has not done things well but blaming the club and manager for every little bad thing is not a good approach. That's all. If we keep Alexis you blame the management, if we sell them you blame the management. There should be some middle ground right?

el3mel

on a serious note, yes the club has not done things well but blaming the club and manager for every little bad thing is not a good approach. That's all. If we keep Alexis you blame the management, if we sell them you blame the management. There should be some middle ground right?
Sanchez needed to go but not replacing both him and Lukaku is a poor management that deserved criticism.

devilish

This I can agree with. Almost criminal, at any rate. It was a huge disappointment. It bugs me that we don’t know what has happened behind the scenes. Solskjær’s statements about how many positions we were looking to strengthen, and about if Lukaku (or Pogba) left, we’d have to replace them, points to him having identified targets in midfield/attack, and that Woodgate/Judge couldn’t or wouldn’t bring them in. Solskjær then again might have been offered a choice of keeping Lukaku/Sanchez, get in second or third choices or wait until prime choices became available and stick with youth. Hard to say. Solskjær has said positive things about both Lukaku and Sanchez, but it doesn’t say much - even if he thought them toxic and rubbish, he wouldn’t say so in public while needing other clubs to want to pay up for them. Woodgate of course have said precious little, which is also probably for the best.

The result is that we are extremely thin forward, in the short term, and we are uncertain who’s to blame. Apart from Woodgate/Glazers, who certainly are to blame one way or the other.

In the long run, it may well be that getting rid of Lukaku and Sanchez was right and important regardless, like it was right getting rid of Ince and Sharpe in 95. But we had better players in 95, and the competition is much harder now, so ‘bouncing back with kids’ will look different. With this squad, 4th place will be a good achievement.

What I hope, is that we are in this situation because of high ambition, not because of low ambition. Time will tell.
You asked me why I am so negative in the previous post. Well, rather then negative (which I am, cause I don't see a bright future for the club) I am more of pissed off really. Here's the reason why.

After hiring three managers whom for one reason or another weren't suited for United we go on and hire Ole. Now we might argue whether he's good enough for United or even go to the nitty gritty of things like his recruitment strategy or his tactics. If you ask me, I think that the guy has plenty of potential however he needs SOLID Guidance in terms of transfers, tactics etc, something btw, he agrees upon himself hence why he hired Phelan. Anyway, lets forget all about that for a moment. When a club hire a legend then its saddles the responsibility to support him properly and help him succeed. That should be given to any manager, but with legends things should be taken to another level. That's because while someone like Mourinho can easily show the middle finger to his experience with United, that can't be said about Ole. Ole's entire career rotates largely with this club. So if he fails on this, a big chunk of Ole's hardwork and life will be tarnished. It would be like if George RR Martin's GOT's last book had Feck off suckers printed over end over again from page 1 till the end.

Instead what does this club do? They allow him to say stuff like 'survival of the fittest' comment only to poorly support him on the transfer market. He wasn't even allowed to use Lukaku's money to bring in a replacement. Meanwhile he's having to manage an unbalanced side with 7 CBs on one side and barely any CM, RW and forwards at all. I mean its one thing for the owners not to give a feck about the club's history or to show an ounce of ambition. However ruining a legend's experience at the club is really OTT.

el3mel

Sanchez and Lukaku were burdens on the team. A burden created by Mourinho. We need to get rid of this burden first. Think of replacing later.
He was sacked as far as I'm concerned.

That has nothing related to us selling players without replacing them and entering the season with a squad like. It's poor management by the club, and has feck all to do with the current or the previous manager, unless Ole was happy entering the season with such crap squad. Signing one striker option wasn't much of a problem, especially when we had a net spend of only 70m or so.

Honestly, your post has feck all to do with what we're talking about.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He was sacked as far as I'm concerned.

That has nothing related to us selling players without replacing them and entering the season with a squad like. It's poor management by the club, and has feck all to do with the current or the previous manager, unless Ole was happy entering the season with such crap squad. Signing one striker option wasn't much of a problem, especially when we had a net spend of only 70m or so.

Honestly, your post has feck all to do with what we're talking about.
We're discussing a mess created by Mourinho. A mess doesn't get cleaned up that fast. Wake up, this is how bad Jose fecked our club.

Velvet Revolver

Sanchez needed to go but not replacing both him and Lukaku is a poor management that deserved criticism.
Sanchez didn't add any value to the team last year, how is loosing him any different from him being here apart from reduction of wages?

Not having a replacement for Lukaku on the other hand is an issue, maybe ole wanted Greenwood to take his opportunity?

el3mel

We're discussing a mess created by Mourinho. A mess doesn't get cleaned up that fast. Wake up, this is how bad Jose fecked our club.
Yeah Ok. He fecked up our club so hard that we can't sign a replacement for 2 players we sold this summer when we had a net spend of only 70m. I get the relation now. Thanks.

el3mel

Sanchez didn't add any value to the team last year, how is loosing him any different from him being here apart from reduction of wages?

Not having a replacement for Lukaku on the other hand is an issue, maybe ole wanted Greenwood to take his opportunity?
Both him and Lukaku needed to be replaced by at least one senior striker is what I'm saying. I have no problem with Sanchez leaving as I said. He's done for, but you can't keep selling without buying. It's madness.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yeah Ok. He fecked up our club so hard that we can't sign a replacement for 2 players we sold this summer when we had a net spend of only 70m. I get the relation now. Thanks.
You think finding two key forward players is that easy. We tried with Dybala. He didn't want to come. It's not as simple as replacement.

Mourinho fecked us. He put us in a position where we can no longer attract the best of the best. It will take time. First step is to get rid.

devilish

Let me tell you what I think about Sanchez. First of all I wonder who was the genius who gave Sanchez such ridiculous contract especially at a time when so many players were in the middle of the contract renewal in the first place. I guess its the same guys who gave Rojo, Mata and Jones ridiculously long contracts. Surely anyone with brains would have notice that paying a player so much in terms of salary would have lead to problems. Anyway I had absolutely no problem with us getting rid of Sanchez. However that should have been done after making sure we actually have cover for Rashford, a RW etc. FFS what's the point of sparing a measly 10m off our payroll when we're so light upfront? We're talking about Manchester United here, one of the richest clubs in the world, not Bury.

So now we are in a situation when we're 10m in the bank, we're extremely light upfront and guess what? Sanchez will be back on our payroll in 10 months time ie older and probably more reluctant to come back then before. Maybe that's the tea lady's or the kit man's fault rather then lets say Woodward, the Glazers or Judge. Irrespective of that, someone should be hanged for this incompetence.

el3mel

You think finding two key forward players is that easy. We tried with Dybala. He didn't want to come. It's not as simple as replacement.

Mourinho fecked us. He put us in a position where we can no longer attract the best of the best. It will take time. First step is to get rid.
Just one good senior striker would have been enough. We're not asking for the impossible.

Velvet Revolver

Both him and Lukaku needed to be replaced by at least one senior striker is what I'm saying. I have no problem with Sanchez leaving as I said. He's done for, but you can't keep selling without buying. It's madness.
I agree, but I think fixing our defense was more important that getting the strike force strengthened this season. which we have done. Also buying for the sake of buying is not good either, we should strive for quality and players that will fit a system under a manager and not because he is available and no one wants him!