Alexis offered to Roma

dev1l

His salary must be much more than £12m a year? I thought he was on around £350,000 a week basic which would be around £1.5m a month so closer to £18m a year.

Did I not read that the loan would cost Inter £11m?
From what I gathered
His Salary Net of taxes went down from 14.5 to 12 million with the new Deal.
Taxes included it used to be 21 million.

Superunknown

Just to put into perspective. We will probably need 100 odd goals or more in all competitions for a succesful season (4th place and competing for a cup or two). You have to be able to realistically work out where those goals are coming from.

Even if we push the "realistically" part, it's a struggle. You can say 20 goals each for Rashford and Martial if they both have very good seasons and avoid significant injury layoffs. Maybe 10 for Pogba if we start using him further forward at some point. Lingard, James and Mata might get 20 between them at a push. That's 70. You still need another 30 odd from somewhere else...and I think more likely you're looking at only one of Rashford or Martial getting 20ish, depending on which one plays as the striker more. Lingard and Mata could just as easily get about 4 goals between them as they could 10-20. So more likely you are looking at relying on between 30-50 goals from the rest of the team.

Even with Sanchez, this is a big ask, but at least with him, you have a player who has the knowhow and potential to get a chunk of those goals, particularly when you consider the likely standard of opposition in the Europa League. Take him out, and the bulk of this responsibility then rests on Greenwood, Gomez, Chong, etc.

Again for perspective, if Greenwood were to score in the Premier League, he'd be one of the youngest players ever to score a Premier League goal, full stop. Never mind score them regularly. The list of scorers younger than or similar age to him mainly consists of players who scored a freak one off goal at a young age (Macheda, Milner, etc.). The list of players his age who were scoring goals with any kind of regularity at all is as follows: Wayne Rooney...and that's it. Even Owen was 18 before he burst onto the scene.

So without Sanchez you go from asking for something that's unlikely to asking for what is essentially the impossible, as well as heaping a load of pressure to produce the impossible on a bunch of unproven teenagers who barely have 90 minutes of first team experience between them.

For someone to sit there and consider this and then conclude it's a good idea to pay another team to use Sanchez instead of us is frankly just plain self destructive. I mean unless he's walking into training and actively making everyone else worse, what possible sense does this make?
Completely agree with this.

We are not blessed enough in the attacking department to be letting more players go in that area. But, I completely understand if there are players at the club who are unhappy to see a player like Sanchez there, earning an obscene amount of money and with very little output. This will go down as a horrendous signing when we look back on it years from now. We've vastly overpaid for this player.

Questions will need to be asked if Sanchez does actually perform for Inter. If we're paying the player this amount of money, I'd rather we at least had the option of him playing for our club when we arguably need him the most.

Amarsdd

This club is beyond embarrassing and deserves everything headed its way. It’s a shame we fans have to suffer as well but it is what it is.

Was Sanchez the answer to our current problem? No. Does this make the problem worse? Yes.

And after we pay for him to play for Inter for a year, he returns. Just how much more incompetence can Woodward get away with before Old Trafford starts to empty?
Please go and support Liverpool, City, Madrid, Barcelona, or whatever. You deserve better.

Giggsyking

First of all we have a negotiating team :))

Secondly it seems that Sanchez agreed to lower his net pay to 12 million a year.

So according to my calculations we will be saving (14.5 - 7m) x 1.45 (tax)=10.87 million
He is already on 12 m net. He lowered nothing.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Another feckin idiotic decision from Ole and the board. We're actually paying a fortune for a player to play for another club when we have little to no options in his area. How feckin dumb you have to be to allow this shit to happen? We're fool enough to make that happen not once but twice.

And the worst part will be him finding himself again and banging goals in this shite league while we're trying to find another "local lad" to "do a job" in place of our injured attackers. Ole won't last too long with his idealistic "Man United way" nonsense in his dreams.

ArjenIsM3

Another feckin idiotic decision from Ole and the board. We're actually paying a fortune for a player to play for another club when we have little to no options in his area. How feckin dumb you have to be to allow this shit to happen? We're fool enough to make that happen not once but twice.

And the worst part will be him finding himself again and banging goals in this shite league while we're trying to find another "local lad" to "do a job" in place of our injured attackers. Ole won't last too long with his idealistic "Man United way" nonsense in his dreams.
He's a left winger mate. That's the most stacked position in our entire squad.

dev1l

Completely agree with this.

We are not blessed enough in the attacking department to be letting more players go in that area. But, I completely understand if there are players at the club who are unhappy to see a player like Sanchez there, earning an obscene amount of money and with very little output. This will go down as a horrendous signing when we look back on it years from now. We've vastly overpaid for this player.

Questions will need to be asked if Sanchez does actually perform for Inter. If we're paying the player this amount of money, I'd rather we at least had the option of him playing for our club when we arguably need him the most.
He is expected to perform better at Inter. There might be some good teams in Serie A but there are some pushover too. For example the squad market value of Lecce side that was battered by Inter is about 35million.
It shows the difference between top and bottom teams which is not so accentuated in epl

pascell

Glad he's gone, served no purpose in the team/squad. Cannot remember a game he won for us and he's passed his best.

His contract is also the elephant in the room when negotiating new deals for our players.

Stubble

What exactly do we get from this deal ? A minimal (in the scheme of things) 1 year salary saving and further reduce our options in attack with the problem potentially back on the books next year. It doesn't solve any dressing room jealousy or salary cap issues if Sanchez skulks back next year but it sure adds problems to an already thin squad this year. Another short term fix - something we're becoming proficient in..

Jimmy_Bond

Seriously. Alexis has been horrific since day one. He was never going to come good. I think people have forgotten just how bad he's been, and just how blatantly his legs have gone. Plenty of rumours he's a bad egg as well.

I would rather play Chong and Greenwood in the event of an injury crisis and give them a year of development and finish in 8th or 9th than use Sanchez and finish 5th-7th.

Bojan11

Glad he's gone, served no purpose in the team/squad. Cannot remember a game he won for us and he's passed his best.

His contract is also the elephant in the room when negotiating new deals for our players.
He’d still be the elephant in the room when he’s back next season.

Stubble

No.1 lesson from all of this is don't bring in any more players who have caused disruption etc at previous club's no matter their potential or would class credentials.. Sanchez didn't fit in from the start and there have been persistent rumours about fallouts and aloofness. I think he's been loaned to appease the squad and remove an issue.

Giggsyking

This must be a joke? Cant be true! Pay him to play for another club! No matter how much you try to polish it and make it look like a good deal, dont. It isn't a good deal, it is the most stupid deal made by the club in many years.

El Zoido

This must be a joke? Cant be true! Pay him to play for another club! No matter how much you try to polish it and make it look like a good deal, dont. It isn't a good deal, it is the most stupid deal made by the club in many years.
The most stupid deal was signing him on those ridiculous wages. This is a good deal, he’s finished, and even though we have to pay some of his salary, we still pay less than if we were keeping him. This is the first foot out the door and we can move on from his nightmare of a signing.

Giggsyking

The most stupid deal was signing him on those ridiculous wages. This is a good deal, he’s finished, and even though we have to pay some of his salary, we still pay less than if we were keeping him. This is the first foot out the door and we can move on from his nightmare of a signing.
You will pay most of his salary, yet he is not here, but elsewhere playing, with our money!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Any confidence you build up in the season based on pre-season performances, tactics, Ole's management, etc. Is completely undermined by basic levels of stupidity like this.

Fair enough if people wanted him gone but then not signing a goal scorer was simply not an option.

Are Martial and Rashford both going to play 60 odd games this season each? What happens when Rashford inevitable pulls his hamstring next weekend?

SaintMuppet

Ole needs to find himself quickly. Trying to mirror Fergie without actually being Fergie is utterly doomed to failure.

Giggsyking

Any confidence you build up in the season based on pre-season performances, tactics, Ole's management, etc. Is completely undermined by basic levels of stupidity like this.

Fair enough if people wanted him gone but then not signing a goal scorer was simply not an option.

Are Martial and Rashford both going to play 60 odd games this season each? What happens when Rashford inevitable pulls his hamstring next weekend?
J lingz will solve the problem. He is the joker:lol:

Zlatattack

If we can shift more deadwood and it means having to rely on academy lads, I don't mind; even if it costs us in the league. I'll sacrifice this season to be rid of a lot of dross.

Stubble

Do people actually comprehend that our only fit senior striker option at the moment is an inconsistent Rashford with an unproven 17 year old as the crisis option. Think about that for a while before you break out the champers.. Minimum requirement before offloading Sanchez was to bring in an experienced even short term replacement there were numerous options available..

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Not nearly as stupid as the deal to sign him, with the benefit of hindsight.

LoCalXT

Very reckless betting Chong, Greenwood a, Garner and Gomes will step up.
Even if 2 of them are able to step up this season, it's still not good enough.

Nico87

The details of this loan deal feels a bit like putting masking tape over the engine warning light, if the problem is no longer visible it doesn’t exist. Apart from when he inevitably returns a year older and even harder to get rid off. We should have forced their hands either permanent now or mandatory purchase later, allowing his return should have been non-negotiable.

sincher

So we make a more stupid deal by paying his salary to play elsewhere?
Not more stupid. The really stupid thing was the wage offer we made him to come here. He has been shocking and I am not sure I could see that improving here. Maybe cutting our losses, even a bit, is not the worst thing. If he finds some form he might be a bit easier to move on properly which is probably not an option at the moment because he is paid far too much (and the Chinese window is shut).

sincher

The details of this loan deal feels a bit like putting masking tape over the engine warning light, if the problem is no longer visible it doesn’t exist. Apart from when he inevitably returns a year older and even harder to get rid off. We should have forced their hands either permanent now or mandatory purchase later, allowing his return should have been non-negotiable.
They can't afford to have him permanently. Fairly clear.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Best to keep paying him stupid money to stay and do nothing?
He’s been an embarrassing failure for us so to get anything for him is a plus. Maybe he does well there and they or someone else decided to take him?
Either way the sooner he’s out of OT the better.
Having him here is worse than paying inter to borrow him.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Our worst ever signing. Had to be done really, another chance to balance the books for a player offering next to nothing.

It will be interesting how we use the squad in the Europa league and cups because we simply can't afford to play Rashford or Martial in them.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
would you rather have 100 dollars deducted from your bank monthly or 60 pounds for the same service?

Whether he stays or goes makes no difference. He wont be played.

Stubble

It's obvious no-one is willing to pay his crazy wages and he won't take a pay cut to move thus this so called 'deal'. So a year down the line and a declining player another year older - who exactly will be queuing up to take him on £400k a week if he doesn't fancy China ? I don't see what this achieves... I assume we'll now have to subsidise rolling loan deals for him until his contract expires as I don't see how he can come back without squad disruption - what a sorry state of affairs..

Last edited:

In Rainbows

Good. We weren't getting any good production from him and we get to save money. His production can be taken up by collective replacements (James, Greenwood, Chong).

Feel like people aren't taking into account his production. Fair enough if it's Lukaku we're talking about as he actually contributed a lot, Sanchez though? Not bothered.

varga92

First of all we have a negotiating team :))

Secondly it seems that Sanchez agreed to lower his net pay to 12 million a year.

So according to my calculations we will be saving (14.5 - 7m) x 1.45 (tax)=10.87 million
It is after tax and not a whole year. 10 months only.

Revaulx

Just to put into perspective. We will probably need 100 odd goals or more in all competitions for a succesful season (4th place and competing for a cup or two). You have to be able to realistically work out where those goals are coming from.

Even if we push the "realistically" part, it's a struggle. You can say 20 goals each for Rashford and Martial if they both have very good seasons and avoid significant injury layoffs. Maybe 10 for Pogba if we start using him further forward at some point. Lingard, James and Mata might get 20 between them at a push. That's 70. You still need another 30 odd from somewhere else...and I think more likely you're looking at only one of Rashford or Martial getting 20ish, depending on which one plays as the striker more. Lingard and Mata could just as easily get about 4 goals between them as they could 10-20. So more likely you are looking at relying on between 30-50 goals from the rest of the team.

Even with Sanchez, this is a big ask, but at least with him, you have a player who has the knowhow and potential to get a chunk of those goals, particularly when you consider the likely standard of opposition in the Europa League. Take him out, and the bulk of this responsibility then rests on Greenwood, Gomez, Chong, etc.

Again for perspective, if Greenwood were to score in the Premier League, he'd be one of the youngest players ever to score a Premier League goal, full stop. Never mind score them regularly. The list of scorers younger than or similar age to him mainly consists of players who scored a freak one off goal at a young age (Macheda, Milner, etc.). The list of players his age who were scoring goals with any kind of regularity at all is as follows: Wayne Rooney...and that's it. Even Owen was 18 before he burst onto the scene.

So without Sanchez you go from asking for something that's unlikely to asking for what is essentially the impossible, as well as heaping a load of pressure to produce the impossible on a bunch of unproven teenagers who barely have 90 minutes of first team experience between them.

For someone to sit there and consider this and then conclude it's a good idea to pay another team to use Sanchez instead of us is frankly just plain self destructive. I mean unless he's walking into training and actively making everyone else worse, what possible sense does this make?
Let’s hope our new Operational Analytics Manager is capable of the logical thinking and reporting that this post displays.