Alexis offered to Roma

El Zoido

You will pay most of his salary, yet he is not here, but elsewhere playing, with our money!
It’s the only way to get him gone, nobody will match his wages. This is easing him out, he’ll probably not come back after this. If he’s a success in Italy he’ll likely find a good compromise on his salary. We’re paying half his wages now, which saves us £13m per year. That’s huge.

Sterling Archer

Surely Ed is planted by a rival club to screw us over?
Someone suggested he's a scouser. If true, it will be one of the greatest infiltrations I've ever heard of. The season Liverpool finally win their elusive Premier League, Ed will have masterminded our moral and structural demise as a club. Dark. Yes. I don't if that's worse than him just being incompetent.

T_Model101

Have we moved him to Italy to take advantage of their new tax laws?
Apparently he'll only have to pay 30% tax over there

el3mel

You will pay most of his salary, yet he is not here, but elsewhere playing, with our money!
:lol:

I don't want him here but yeah the situation makes us look like absolute fools. Though I can't be surprised any more by any stupid things done by United. We are paying half of his salary for him to play for Inter. Inter would have never dreamt of such a deal.

Last edited:

Amarsdd

Its funny you'd say that. Its as though you're saying we arent as good as Liverpool, City, Madrid, Barcelona, we are Manchester fecking United ffs why dont you go and support Everton or Newcastle.
I'm simply pointing out if you're embarrassed by the club and have to shout that out every chance you get then you have an easy option to go support a club that you feel is not embarrasing. Its simple, really. I suppose that will make you happier as well. Good for your health, you know.
And yes, we are not as good as Liverpool, City, Madrid and Barcelona at the moment. Its pretty clear, isn't it? But that really wasn't my point anyway.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
People are missing the point with the 'still paying half his wages thing'. We pay him a ridulous wage because he joined almost like a free transfer.

The fact is we massively over paid and aren't going to get out of it without losing a chunk of money. Imagine we paid £80m for him but he was on £200k a week instead. Would we be getting £80m back for him? No chance.

Compare it to Barcelona loaning out Coutinho who they paid £120m+ for. They are only getting an £8m loan fee. He's costing them far more than that on this year's accounts.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I'm quite surprised and baffled that the club got rid of both Sanchez and Lukaku without replacing them. They can't possibly be Ole's decisions, I'm sure he would have preferred to have more options upfront even if those options were Sanchez and Lukaku. The risk of injuries and the busy Xmas schedule will definitely stretch the team to the limit.

Amerifan

Sanchez is no longer an option and we get a few quid back we can’t spend. Can someone please explain to me what just happened? I must be missing something.

Red_toad

Sanchez is no longer an option and we get a few quid back we can’t spend. Can someone please explain to me what just happened? I must be missing something.
Greenwood is a fully ready striker now apparently. Onus is on the youngsters to prove they're ready.
Ole obviously wanted players he felt are disruptive out of the club. Hopefully Sanchez can retire to China next summer or USA.

starman

I am fine with the deal, even paying part of his wages, as its the only way to get rid. If he performs well, which i am expecting him to do (his time at Udinese was probably the best he has ever looked), then we could maybe flog him to a Chinese team in January that would be willing to stump up his wages

Amerifan

Greenwood is a fully ready striker now apparently. Onus is on the youngsters to prove they're ready.
Ole obviously wanted players he felt are disruptive out of the club. Hopefully Sanchez can retire to China next summer or USA.
A 17 year old could be leading United’s attack. I never thought we’d say that. We have a lot of work to do.

Jaonz

From positive point of view, we save 5m and get rid of player that Ole never intends to use :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Think people are overrating him as a 'body'. Everybody would have applauded this move if we had won against Palace.

The morale of the fanbase is down and that's why this news is not being received well. People tend to forget the money he is on and how horrific his contribution has been since his arrival.

We need to take the January window seriously now.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Very, VERY thin on forwards at the moment, true, but as far as Sanchez is concerned, i am glad to see him gone and would much rather play one of the kids. Hes been absolutely gash for two seasons and there is no reason to expect he would be any less terrible this year

padzilla

Hipster
The issue we have is not that we are particularly going to miss Lukaku, Sanchez, Fellaini and Herrera it's that we needed to upgrade on them to challenge, not only have we failed to do that, we haven't bothered to replace them at all. Our next transfer window in January will be the same old story - moaning about value in the market when we have been mismanaged from the top down. We have how many full-backs at the club like Darmian, Dalot and Rojo - to a lesser extent - but when someone gets injured it is Young who comes in. It is just baffling how we are run.

Darlington Padgett

I'm quite surprised and baffled that the club got rid of both Sanchez and Lukaku without replacing them. They can't possibly be Ole's decisions, I'm sure he would have preferred to have more options upfront even if those options were Sanchez and Lukaku. The risk of injuries and the busy Xmas schedule will definitely stretch the team to the limit.
How are you surprised with bad decisions being made here? :lol:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
He was overpaid and shit and we couldn’t use him so we offloaded him as best we could. It’s a shitty return but we don’t get to waste as much as we would have without loaning him out.

Red_toad

A 17 year old could be leading United’s attack. I never thought we’d say that. We have a lot of work to do.
Lets hope he can perform like Rooney or Owen. It's a big ask for the lad if it comes to it, hate to see him rushed and ruined.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It’s the only way to get him gone, nobody will match his wages. This is easing him out, he’ll probably not come back after this. If he’s a success in Italy he’ll likely find a good compromise on his salary. We’re paying half his wages now, which saves us £13m per year. That’s huge.
Actually it's 5m and its BS at a time when we are so light upfront

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The issue we have is not that we are particularly going to miss Lukaku, Sanchez, Fellaini and Herrera it's that we needed to upgrade on them to challenge, not only have we failed to do that, we haven't bothered to replace them at all. Our next transfer window in January will be the same old story - moaning about value in the market when we have been mismanaged from the top down. We have how many full-backs at the club like Darmian, Dalot and Rojo - to a lesser extent - but when someone gets injured it is Young who comes in. It is just baffling how we are run.
:lol: So true

devilish

Ole plays kids. Hence why jesse keeps playing week in week out

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
In all fairness I don't think you can describe Sanchez as disruptive. That tag almost exclusively belongs to Pogba.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
In all fairness I don't think you can describe Sanchez as disruptive. That tag almost exclusively belongs to Pogba.
Pogba must now be wondering why the club wouldn’t pay him to go off and play for Real Madrid.

prateik

So we pay around 6m in wages and get around 5m euros in loan fee.. so thats basically him off the wages for a year.. the best we can do I suppose.

devilish

How could we live without those 9.64m who will now go straight to the Glazer's coffers?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Regardless of where the money goes, it probably makes sense to save nearly £10m on the cost of a player who we can't give enough games to keep happy.

Obviously the whole acquisition of the player and the silly money we decided to pay him was in hindsight a terrible idea, though it didn't seem so at the time. But we have at least altered our transfer policy since then.

DevilRed

I think people are missing the point. If Sanchez has asked to leave and categorically said he doesn't want to play for us anymore then for the betterment of the squad we definitely have to let him go.

Ole has come out publicly to back him in previous press conferences, but maybe it seemed that Sanchez has made up his mind he wants to restart his career in Italy.

Slowly we are getting rid of players who have questionable attitudes and possible negative effects on the dressing room. At the end of the day, I would rather give youth a chance than persist with a 31 year old Sanchez who has a limited future at the club anyways. Therefore, whatever costs we incur from his loan are irrelevant if it means the club moves forwards.

There is a long term plan to rebuild the team with players who give a shit about the club and who have the potential to become world class. Thats fine by me if we have to go through some growing pains.