Alexis offered to Roma

C'est Moi Cantona

At some point the lack of numbers is going to cost us.
Yep, people saying it's great that we will be forced to play the youth is all well and good, but when the reality bites it could be a very different story, at best only one of Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, James, and Garner (the buzz names) are going to be good enough long term, and that's before we start on whether Mctominay, Lingard, and Fred, are actually good enough to start games week in week out.

We just seem to have left ourselves so short this season, and to then get rid of Sanchez for no good reason, seems madness in the extreme.

Trophy Room

Yep, people saying it's great that we will be forced to play the youth is all well and good, but when the reality bites it could be a very different story, at best only one of Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, James, and Garner (the buzz names) are going to be good enough long term.

We just seem to have left ourselves so short this season, and to then get rid of Sanchez for no good reason, seems madness in the extreme.
Relax bro. It'll be fine. Sometimes there are reasons that are not immediately clear to us outsiders.

C'est Moi Cantona

Relax bro. It'll be fine. Sometimes there are reasons that are not immediately clear to us outsiders.
If I had faith in the decision makers at the club then I'd be with you, but in absence of that then I'll just continue to think there is no plan, and it's all just hope for the best.

United Hobbit

I can sort of see why we may be trying to sell him now as he's just come off the back of a Copa America where while I didnt watch any of it apparently he did quite well until he got injured

So that may retain a tiny bit of his value as clubs in slower leagues may think they can get that out of him again

If we wait until next summer or even January we risk him spending even more time in the treatment room and his value dropping even further. Plus we have his wage issue.

However we are very thin with forwards and if Rashy or Martial get injured we are potentially in real problems as it wouldn't be fair to pin all the responsibility on Greenwood

What is Sanchez like centrally? If hes good there if I was keeping him and was Ole I'd maybe try and utilise him a bit like a central striker so he didn't have to run as much and less likely to get injured. However again that wont really fit with Ole's system and if we are quickly counter attacking he could get in the way

We also dont know what he's like to deal with behind the scenes he could be a bad apple negatively affecting the dressing room. For all we know his wage may be stopping De Gea signing his new deal (see that's gone quiet again) and causing resentment in the likes of Pogba

It's a tricky one as I'll admit I was so excited by his signing and loved his piano video and him walking out in the mist at OT in it. Sadly that has been the only exciting thing he's done so far

George The Best

Don’t see the point if we will be paying most of his wages. Throw him into the Europa League matches, lower league games etc. To be fair he looked pretty good in his two Copa games. If he’s causing problems in the dressing room though, then it might be for the best.

The Purley King

He’s a bad apple I think.
Sulky, doesn’t get on with teammates, thinks he’s better than everyone else.
We were warned this was what he was like by arsenal fans and it’s true.
If that is the case then his feet shouldn’t touch the ground and I don’t care if we pay half his wages just get rid.
We won’t miss him on the pitch either.

M16Red

Who is responsible for this mistake? If I made a mistake that cost my business 100,000 I'd be looking for a job.. players going on strike or forcing moves - or even not moving... I think the whole contract system at United needs a overhaul. Just add a "Grounds to terminate contract" we all have them in our contracts.

In Rainbows

Yep, people saying it's great that we will be forced to play the youth is all well and good, but when the reality bites it could be a very different story, at best only one of Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, James, and Garner (the buzz names) are going to be good enough long term, and that's before we start on whether Mctominay, Lingard, and Fred, are actually good enough to start games week in week out.

We're not asking these youngsters to produce like a star. We're asking them to produce at Sanchez's level which was really low. What did he produce last season? 2 goals and 4 assists? Januzaj had more end product than he did.

crossy1686

career ending
Don’t see the point if we will be paying most of his wages. Throw him into the Europa League matches, lower league games etc. To be fair he looked pretty good in his two Copa games. If he’s causing problems in the dressing room though, then it might be for the best.
Because it's better than paying all his wages and we don't have to have him stinking the place up?

Thiagoal

When you balance his abysmal performances and output with his extortionate salary- getting rid is a no brainer! Doesn’t matter if it’ll leave us short of bodies as he stinks up the first team when he plays anyway!

Much rather the minutes went to Greenwood or Gomes anyway

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Mirror saying he's on 560k a week.....hahahaha

He was never on that to begin with and since has had a 25% wage reduction like the rest of the squad.

Alabaster Codify7

All the noises are pointing towards some kind of exit in the next 2 weeks which is great news. He was never going to contribute more than 2 league goals and maybe 1 assist, he's a busted flush at this level. He may find some joy in Italy which is a slower-paced league, but it's also a defensively tough league for someone who lacks skills and flair and relies upon speed and explosion which is no longer there in abundance.

Sterling Archer

@Patrick08

Since you never responded to the last reply, I felt like taking this moment to apologise. I did what I hate when others do (it's rampant on the internet), which is jump down your throat on one single moot point and completely miss the big picture, leading to some roundabout discussion that does no good. Maybe you'll excuse my manners knowing that it was all in defense of our adorable Juan Matito.

Brought this up because of Ole's press conference where he says Alexis is quality and will play quite a few games. Different from last season when Ole was very critical of him. So going back to what you and I both agree on - if somehow Sanchez comes back into sustained form, all of a sudden our attack becomes quite good. It still feels like a long shot, but if he stays with us, here's to hoping.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
3 PL goals in 32 apps.

5 goals in 45 apps.

I'd rather give the time to Chong,Gomes and Greenwood.

Three young players who are worth investing in.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Anyone else thinking that Roma briefed the supposed links to Alexis, so that Dzeko would get spooked and sign a new deal on Roma's terms? Let's be frank, it's not just agents who use the media around contract negotiations and signings.

cyril C

Mirror saying he's on 560k a week.....hahahaha

He was never on that to begin with and since has had a 25% wage reduction like the rest of the squad.
Correct, another chunk was on appearance bonus which he never had. I think his basic wage was only somewhere near 300K, and Sanchez would need to give up his image bonus (which neither clubs are going to utilise). Whichever club takes him needs to pick up something like 100-150K of his basic wage, Utd paid the rest, while Sanchez sacrifice his image bonus. That's why I think the club is forcing him to accept or go to U21.

Son

I wish a Chinese or Russian club with cash on the hip would just take him already.

Roma will pay about 10 percent of his wages so we may as well keep him around if that’s the case.

His creating stats are the only thing still on par with his arsenal days so maybe stick him in the 10 position or false 9 when martial doesn’t play. Could grab a few assists with our pace on the wings.

Unless he really is useless. He looks a bit like a gremlin too. I’m always weary of those after what happened with Tevez & Di Maria.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I wish a Chinese or Russian club with cash on the hip would just take him already.

Roma will pay about 10 percent of his wages so we may as well keep him around if that’s the case.

His creating stats are the only thing still on par with his arsenal days so maybe stick him in the 10 position or false 9 when martial doesn’t play. Could grab a few assists with our pace on the wings.

Unless he really is useless. He looks a bit like a gremlin too. I’m always weary of those after what happened with Tevez & Di Maria.
The Chinese window is shut mate. Closed before ours.

Son

The Chinese window is shut mate. Closed before ours.
Just our luck :(
These Serie A rumours sound too good to be true. Imagine Italy taking both Lukaku & Sanchez off our hands in one window!

dev1l

I think we might end up let him go for free..but that probably means that we have to register a loss on our books even if we save a lot on wages

Andersons Dietician

I just read that Inter are considering a move for him. If so do you think they might be interested in Darmian and Rojo as a little sweetener to the deal.

I was wondering as well, so his base wage is 300-350k a week and the rest of it is tied to bonuses for goals, assists, games and so on. I would imagine if he leaves and we are subsidising some of the wage that those bonuses would be forfeited. So if he goes and scores twenty in Italy it doesn’t automatically trigger the extra payment.

C'est Moi Cantona

Taking his wages out of the equation, which should matter little to any United fan nowadays, and assuming he's not some ogre in the dressing room, then I think we'll regret it if he goes now.

The lack of numbers up top is alarming, as is this blind faith that all these youth players are going to be good enough all of a sudden.

Everyone was horrible under Jose, and I don't think Sanchez has been given a proper chance under Ole to prove he hasn't totally forgotten how to play the game.

Last edited:

0le

Taking his wages out of the equation, which should matter little to any United fan nowadays, and assuming he's not some ogre in the dressing room, then I think we'll regret it if he goes now.

The lack of numbers up top is alarming, as is this blind faith that all these youth players are going to be good enough all of a sudden.

Everyone was horrible under Jose, and I don't think Sanchez has been given a proper chance under Ole to prove he hasn't totally forgotten how to play the game.
It can also be considered blind faith to still believe Sanchez needs a chance to show some form.

C'est Moi Cantona

It can also be considered blind faith to still believe Sanchez needs a chance to show some form.
Hardly the same, Sanchez was levels above all our front line only 2 seasons ago, and I just can't believe there is nothing left, especially as playing under Jose was a waste of time for him, and he was injured in the main after Ole came in.

If we were getting £50 million, or we were stacked up top, then I could see it, but people are getting excited about us still paying him most of his wages just to get him out, they do realise this limited saving won't be put in some piggy bank somewhere for future signings? It'll just be numbers on the balance sheet.

I just hope these people chasing Sanchez out, won't be the same ones ripping James, Gomes, and Greenwood to shreds when they inevitably struggle more often than not in games.

Last edited:

Snuffkin

He's a good player to have around especially with VAR watching for any minor fouls or handballs. He is a tricky customer and definitely adds something with don't have- which is a bit of guile.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

Shooting @Inter for @Alexis_Sanchez : agreement with the player and agent in England to find the agreement with the @ManUtd . All the details at 11pm @SkySport@SkySportsNews#calciomercato

Needham

@Patrick08

Since you never responded to the last reply, I felt like taking this moment to apologise. I did what I hate when others do (it's rampant on the internet), which is jump down your throat on one single moot point and completely miss the big picture, leading to some roundabout discussion that does no good. Maybe you'll excuse my manners knowing that it was all in defense of our adorable Juan Matito.

Brought this up because of Ole's press conference where he says Alexis is quality and will play quite a few games. Different from last season when Ole was very critical of him. So going back to what you and I both agree on - if somehow Sanchez comes back into sustained form, all of a sudden our attack becomes quite good. It still feels like a long shot, but if he stays with us, here's to hoping.
What a well brought up young man.

TN61

Supports
Inter
As posted above, reports out of Italy indicate Inter are interested in taking him on a season long loan. Hoping our clubs can come to an agreement; we're desperate for a striker and you guys have no need for him.

I don't think we can afford to sign him unless we finally manage to offload Icardi. I could see this saga lasting until the end of the month when our window closes.