Alexis Sanchez / 1 year loan deal to Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

minoo-utd

When the window closes?
Now Martial injured and we still proceed with selling Sanchez?

Ballist1x

Once all the scapegoats go and we still cant defend or attack where do we turn then?

Who do we blame next ?

Bwuk

Imagine Lukaku and Sanchez start rattling goals in.

Irrational.

Ffs.

With our paper-thin squad, not sure this was done with the greatest of foresight. We’ve lost Lukaku and Sanchez with 0 replacements. Great work and planning by our transfer team once again.

dove

Unbelievable. I wanted him gone as much as anyone here but looking at our team, he is the only one from the subs who could manage to score 10 goals or so. We are on relegation form with everyone fit, imagine if we lose Martial and Rashford due to injury :houllier:

Delano

And now it's confirmed.

When you take into account his performances, his injuries, his wage, the disruption in the squad and the fact we are still paying him to play elsewhere... Alexis is the worst signing in the clubs history.

Born2Lose

This club is so poorly run it borders on sabotage. I'm fine with selling Lukaku, Fellaini and Sanchez but after we've secured their replacements. Not looking forward to the next 9 months with Mata coming on as a "game changer".

settembrini

He was useless for us and there was zero reason to believe he would stop being useless. A loan isn't as good as a sale but at least it's one less awful player in the squad and there is the possibility that he can perform well enough to get a permanent move next summer.

Bwuk

He was useless for us and there was zero reason to believe he would stop being useless. A loan isn't as good as a sale but at least it's one less awful player in the squad and there is the possibility that he can perform well enough to get a permanent move next summer.
Exactly. It leaves us light on numbers bur he was absolutely dross for us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Meh, it's not like he needed replacing anyway. It's like Fellaini - people moan we didn't sign a replacement, but if the same people had their way he wouldn't have played a minute anyway.

rotherham_red

I wish him well, if only so that Inter would then cough up the cash to buy him outright next summer

Gasolin

This is worrying now, why loan him without mandatory buying option? That's... not good then, it serves no purpose.

Gandalf

Unbelievable. I wanted him gone as much as anyone here but looking at our team, he is the only one from the subs who could manage to score 10 goals or so. We are on relegation form with everyone fit, imagine if we lose Martial and Rashford due to injury :houllier:
Based on his form over the last 18 months it would take him around 200 appearances to get to 10 goals. I understand we are thin but we have attacking players in the U23 squad and I would rather see them given the chance than this con man. We do need to look for another striker in January but that is no reason not to get rid of Alexis now.

LVGSdive

He had digressed a lot even before his arrival here. The club have made the right decision to let him leave. His negatives far outweigh his positives. In other words his on the pitch contribution doesn't justify his enormous salary.

Renegade

This is worrying now, why loan him without mandatory buying option? That's... not good then, it serves no purpose.
The purpose is he buggers off and a bit of his wages are saved for a season. Next year he’ll go on loan again to another team till his contract finishes. No team is going to want to be obliged to buy him.

Not the most ideal situation, but the price of being conned by Arsenal unfortunately.

0le

All the moaning at the club and the board, has anyone contemplated that maybe the player wants to leave to get first team football?

dev1l

Woodward I guess
No.
Woody hired a new manager some months ago so we will blame the new manager...
And he ll do it again when things go wrong.

At this rate I won't be surprised that managers will start to avoid us and eventually end up with Steve Bruce :))

Gopher Brown

Really bad deal for us. No obligation to buy, or even an option. He must have been identified as a major problem in the dressing room.

dove

Based on his form over the last 18 months it would take him around 200 appearances to get to 10 goals. I understand we are thin but we have attacking players in the U23 squad and I would rather see them given the chance than this con man. We do need to look for another striker in January but that is no reason not to get rid of Alexis now.
I know many people over here think Greenwood is nearly Messi's level right now but in reality he is nowhere near ready to be even 3rd choice striker. I don't know what else we have in youth teams who could at least score 5 goals or so.

Gandalf

Really bad deal for us. No obligation to buy, or even an option. He must have been identified as a major problem in the dressing room.
Lot of rumours that he was sulky and in tandem with Lukaku was making things pretty toxic but nothing confirmed so hard to know. Plus side is we save around 5 million from the wage bill and that is a big deal. Our problem according to the financial analysis is not finding money for transfer fees it is that we have too much dead money in wages and so a deal like this one and hopefully Rojo and Darmian to follow will make it easier to be aggressive in the January window.

0le

Lot of rumours that he was sulky and in tandem with Lukaku was making things pretty toxic but nothing confirmed so hard to know. Plus side is we save around 5 million from the wage bill and that is a big deal. Our problem according to the financial analysis is not finding money for transfer fees it is that we have too much dead money in wages and so a deal like this one and hopefully Rojo and Darmian to follow will make it easier to be aggressive in the January window.
This is it. If the player wants to go, sell him. He wasn't even contributing. I could understand some concern over selling Lukaku, despite the fact I disliked the guy. But Sanchez has offered absolutely nothing for 18 months and suddenly there is some outcry that we are getting rid of him. Its bizarre.

Bojan11

This is it. If the player wants to go, sell him. He wasn't even contributing. I could understand some concern over selling Lukaku, despite the fact I disliked the guy. But Sanchez has offered absolutely nothing for 18 months and suddenly there is some outcry that we are getting rid of him. Its bizarre.
We are not selling him though.

We are paying most his wages to go elsewhere.

Gandalf

I know many people over here think Greenwood is nearly Messi's level right now but in reality he is nowhere near ready to be even 3rd choice striker. I don't know what else we have in youth teams who could at least score 5 goals or so.
We don't have a legitimate goal scoring CF waiting to be promoted but we have several attacking players who have shown enough to think they could get a few goals given a run in the team as backups to Rashford and Martial. Sanchez has not shown anything to suggest he could get us at least 5 goals so I just cannot see a downside to letting him go. I will be delighted if we see plenty of Chong, Greenwood, Gomes and Ramazani this season, they won't all make it but it is worth giving our young players a chance to see what they have if we are really going to rebuild and not just half arse it and go back to no strategy and trying to fix everything over night.

Stringer

Yes, nearly every United fan has wanted him to leave but I would also guess that the majority of them believed we would sign a replacement. The options are limited even with him staying.

Also this deal doesn’t seem too enticing from a financial point of view either - no obligation to buy and we are supposedly still going to pay 50% of his wages.

pauldyson1uk

This is going to come back and bite United , we are desperately light up front and need him, OK so he had a bad last season , but his summer was pretty good , showed some of the skill we know he has. Ole has got this one wrong , badly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.