Alexis Sanchez / 1 year loan deal to Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyKills

The guy isn't going to play for us is he.

You don't need a replacement for a guy who never plays.

Sylar

Losing lukaku, fellaini and Herrera and not replacing them leaves us light as they at least contributed

Losing sanchez (even with martial injured) doesn't change anything. He's been terrible since he joined and only managed to get worse. He needed to go for all parties involved. Even if he does well at inter it's a player we need gone cos of the issues he's brought coming to us

Sanchez7

What a shambles of a fecking club. Three strikers left, one is 17 and one is injured. I fully expect them to sell Fred and Matic now because feck having a midfield or a squad
Even amateurs could do a better job. We have 6-7 centre backs at the club and 3 strikers including a 17 year old. :lol:

0le

Yes, nearly every United fan has wanted him to leave but I would also guess that the majority of them believed we would sign a replacement. The options are limited even with him staying.

Also this deal doesn’t seem too enticing from a financial point of view either - no obligation to buy and we are supposedly still going to pay 50% of his wages.
If its 50-50 split, then 200k wages over 10 months is £8m saved in wages. Its about the best we could have hoped for, barring selling him to someone in China or PSG.

Jimmy_Bond

Yes, nearly every United fan has wanted him to leave but I would also guess that the majority of them believed we would sign a replacement. The options are limited even with him staying.

Also this deal doesn’t seem too enticing from a financial point of view either - no obligation to buy and we are supposedly still going to pay 50% of his wages.
We're desperate though. Personally, I'd have applauded spending £40m to pay off his contract and get him out of the club.

Any return on what has been the worst transfer in the history of the club and possibly the Premier League is a bonus.

Bojan11

Thats fecking worse!! We are still paying for the cnut whilst having 3 young strikers for an entire season. Also dont give me any pony about buying in January because we fecking wont.
Well now the best case scenario is Llorente and that’s us in desperate levels. We’d probably give him a 3 year deal too!

::sonny::

Unbelievable. I wanted him gone as much as anyone here but looking at our team, he is the only one from the subs who could manage to score 10 goals or so. We are on relegation form with everyone fit, imagine if we lose Martial and Rashford due to injury :houllier:
With Martial and Rashford injured all season, United could be get relegated in championship

Dante

Average bang
Sanchez replaced by James
Lukaku replaced by Greenwood
Herrera replaced by Pereira
Fellaini replaced by Gomes (we've switched to 4231 and need more AMs but fewer CMs)

None of them were regulars under Ole, so it's a much of a muchness.

We're pivoting to a youth oriented squad. I'm not against the idea. I haven't been too fussed by any of our sales, tbh. And even if Rojo and Bailly leave, there are Maguire and Tuannzebe to step in. The rebuilding strategy is moving in the right direction, imo.

The bigger issue is the sidelining of Matic. We've nobody else in his mould. McTominay is different kind of player, and Pogba doesn't have the tools to compensate alongside him.

Stringer

If its 50-50 split, then 200k wages over 10 months is £8m saved in wages. Its about the best we could have hoped for, barring selling him to someone in China or PSG.
We’re supposedly one of the richest clubs in the world. Would paying £8m for one more season to allow us to try and get a replacement next year not be wiser?

0le

We’re supposedly one of the richest clubs in the world. Would paying £8m for one more season to allow us to try and get a replacement next year not be wiser?
Not if the player does not want to be here and/or wants first team football.

pascell

This is it. If the player wants to go, sell him. He wasn't even contributing. I could understand some concern over selling Lukaku, despite the fact I disliked the guy. But Sanchez has offered absolutely nothing for 18 months and suddenly there is some outcry that we are getting rid of him. Its bizarre.
That's the Caf for you mate. You've got it spot on in your post, couldn't agree more.

Stringer

Not if the player does not want to be here and/or wants first team football.
I suppose but to be honest I would like to have seen him given an opportunity instead of Lingard.

LInkash

I don't mind having just Martial, Rashford and Greenwood. I think most of us want Greenwood to break through right? The useless expensive benchwarmer is just blocking his way, just because of how much he's on and his 'experience', which counts for nowt. Rashford wouldn't have had a chance to breakthrough if we didn't have a similar situation under van Gaal.

devlinadl

According to The Daily Mail, Inter are paying £4.5m of his wages and United are covering the rest. I guess that means United are paying £15m for him to play in Milan.

JMack1234

It leaves us short but we needed to get rid of him.

Rather be a bit short up front that have a bad tempered Sanchez who doesn't want to be here.

stepic

Good riddance. He served no purpose being here, he’s merely an extra body. Let him perform for Inter and someone will sign him next year.

Jericholyte2

But what is the point of this if there’s no obligation to buy?

We still pay majority of his wages, all for the potential benefit of Inter, then he just comes back a year older with the same situation facing us again.

RG 11

Fellaini replaced by Gomes (we've switched to 4231 and need more AMs but fewer CMs)

We're pivoting to a youth oriented squad. I'm not against the idea. I haven't been too fussed by any of our sales, tbh. And even if Rojo and Bailly leave, there are Maguire and Tuannzebe to step in. The rebuilding strategy is moving in the right direction, imo.

The bigger issue is the sidelining of Matic. We've nobody else in his mould. McTominay is different kind of player, and Pogba doesn't have the tools to compensate alongside him.
I don't think most people have issues with these players leaving (bar Herrera). It's the fact that we haven't added any sort of quality to replace them. Wan Bissaka and McGuire are good signings but werew woeful creatively.

Greenwood and James are young and unproven. Gomes doesn't even seem to be in our plans. Perera is bang average. Mctominay is nothing more than a squad player, Matic was shit last season and a year older now.

Clearing deadwood is great but we really should've bought at least one winger and a midfielder to cater for these players leaving.

With Martial and Shaw injured, we're already down to playing young and Mata. Our squad is barebones. Hopefully we have a plan for January

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was hoping there was an obligation to buy, but glad he's gone. Better to have a focused group here and none of the people like that stinking the place up. Need Rojo and Darmian still gone then it'll be an alright window. Hopefully next summer we sell Sanchez permanently somewhere, and then work on our depth (though our youth getting the chance to step up is great IMO).

OohAahMartial

Good post, and my sentiments too. I'm actually pleased that we are clearing out the flops and deadwood and replacing them with our best youth talent since class of '92. And Garner is probably the Matic replacement, if Fred isn't.

RadamelFalcon

Shocking decision. I don't care how badly he has performed, he is Alexis Sanchez, one of the league's best players 2 years ago. Now we're selling him to leave us with Rashford and Greenwood in attack, with Martial injured?? With 7 centre backs in the squad?? And not enough CMs either.

This is basic squad management. You can't just imbalance a squad like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dante

Average bang
I don't think most people have issues with these players leaving (bar Herrera). It's the fact that we haven't added any sort of quality to replace them. Wan Bissaka and McGuire are good signings but werew woeful creatively.

Greenwood and James are young and unproven. Gomes doesn't even seem to be in our plans. Perera is bang average. Mctominay is nothing more than a squad player, Matic was shit last season and a year older now.

Clearing deadwood is great but we really should've bought at least one winger and a midfielder to cater for these players leaving.

With Martial and Shaw injured, we're already down to playing young and Mata. Our squad is barebones. Hopefully we have a plan for January
You're missing the point.

Under Solskjaer in the PL last season from December to May:

Fellaini played 3 (!) minutes
Sanchez played 399 minutes
Lukaku played 946 minutes
Herrera played 859 minutes

And this season after 3 games:

Gomes played 0 minutes
James played 195
Greenwood played 39
Pereira played 75

The outgoings have been adequetely replaced and those replacements will easily match their numbers. They're not being missed.

(Also, Martial and Rashford being upgraded to regular starters means those numbers are even less of an issue.)

RG 11

You're missing the point.

Under Solskjaer in the PL last season from December to May:

Fellaini played 3 (!) minutes
Sanchez 399 minutes
Lukaku 946 minutes
Herrera 859 minutes

And this season after 3 games:

Gomes played 0 minutes
James played 195
Greenwood played 39
Pereira played 75

The outgoings have been adequetely replaced. They're not being missed.
The point isn't to replace them with similar performing players though. Kids will do a job but it's a big gamble to rely on them. Anyway, I'm positive that Ole wanted more players but Woodward fecked it up again so it's all moot.

I'm fine with these players leaving, just not okay with the replacements / lack of quality backups .

Dante

Average bang
The point isn't to replace them with similar performing players though. Kids will do a job but it's a big gamble to rely on them. Anyway, I'm positive that Ole wanted more players but Woodward fecked it up again so it's all moot.

I'm fine with these players leaving, just not okay with the replacements / lack of quality backups .
Dybala and Eriksen fecked it up for Ole.

wr8_utd

:'(
Where exactly is Alexis going to play for Inter? The 2 striker spots are already taken and I don't see him as one of the 3 in MF or one of the 5 in defense.

Fluctuation0161

I don't mind having just Martial, Rashford and Greenwood. I think most of us want Greenwood to break through right? The useless expensive benchwarmer is just blocking his way, just because of how much he's on and his 'experience', which counts for nowt. Rashford wouldn't have had a chance to breakthrough if we didn't have a similar situation under van Gaal.
God forbid we would purchase a world class striker. Cos then we wouldn't have rashford and his set pieces.

always_hoping

Not many bigger flop signings in the history of the EPL than Sanchez to Man United and United have had their fair few flops even in Fergies time.

Pointless keeping him as he wasn't going to improve and he would offer very little in matches. Ole i think wanted to keep him and probably would have used him mostly in the Europa and league cup games but the lad himself didn't want to be here and only came for the ridiculous wages.

Kostov

This looks like an awfully stupid deal. We pay him a fortune to play fo another club, and be an option to them while we are devoid of options and rely on shit like Lingard. And he will probably be back in a year, since Inter will have a better option, cheaper next summer.

MUFC OK

This makes absolutely no sense given how few options we have and given that he is our only experienced forward, along with the fact we will still be paying his wages. Another baffling decision I’m the downward spiral of this club. Martial is already injured, what if Rashford and mason get injured or don’t perform? We are a joke.

AFC NimbleThumb

Are people genuinely buying this “focus on youth” :lol:

If we are focused on youth why haven’t we bought young players in attack & midfield?

We’re also so youth focused that Mata has played more minutes than Gomes this season.

Even fergies Class of 92 had players bought in.

The Glazers & Woodward have pulled a blinder here, our fanbase is suffering some serious PTSD from the Moyes Era.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What are we playing at?

It's not even a transfer... If, i assume, we're still contributing to his wages, and there's no obligatory option to buy, it makes 0 sense considering our depth.

We're going to need Martial and Rashford to explode like Rooney and Ronaldo in order to get anything out of this season, and, well, I'm not too confident of that happening.
With Martial and Rashford injured all season, United could be get relegated in championship
Honestly, take them two out and, even with Pogba, we're bottom half quality at best.

Gazza

I would imagine Sanchez has made it known at the club that he won’t take kindly to being a squad option this season, forcing United into a bit of a corner. I’m sure Ole would have been fine with having him in the squad if he was going to be a motivated, model pro, so I wonder if signs behind the scenes suggested he wouldn’t be that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I would imagine Sanchez has made it known at the club that he won’t take kindly to being a squad option this season, forcing United into a bit of a corner. I’m sure Ole would have been fine with having him in the squad if he was going to be a motivated, model pro, so I wonder if signs behind the scenes suggested he wouldn’t be that.
He's completely flopped and earning the most money out of everyone by far. He has no leverage. If he wanted to force a move he could take a pay cut and get a transfer through. I'd be surprised if it's anything other than the club trying to get rid, but failing to get anything other than an embarrassing deal done.

haram

Where exactly is Alexis going to play for Inter? The 2 striker spots are already taken and I don't see him as one of the 3 in MF or one of the 5 in defense.
He can play off Lukaku up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.