Alexis Sanchez - Inter watch

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
What other industry won't allow employers to terminate the contracts of people who are incapable of doing the job they were employed to do?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What other industry won't allow employers to terminate the contracts of people who are incapable of doing the job they were employed to do?
I wonder how it works in other industries where there are fixed term contracts.
Do they have to pay people's full contract out if they've been rubbish? Or is just like redundancies for normal rolling contract types?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Do they have to pay people's full contract out if they've been rubbish? Or is just like redundancies for normal rolling contract types?
Can't say to be honest, it just baffles me that with the money involved clubs haven't found a loophole by now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Any industry that has a system whereby the most talented individuals are in a position where they can demand such guarantees in their contracts. Most players have a window of around 6-10 years where they can earn a fantastic wage and there’s probably a few thousand players world wide at any one time that earn enough during their career to be well off for the rest of their lives.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
As nightmarish as this transfer has been, it probably needed to happen for the board to learn the hard way.

Without it we’d currently be paying Dybala over £500,000 a week to hate being here.

BlueHaze

Jfc we are going to be stuck with this clown and his awful contract until it runs out aren't we?

Al-T

Thread title should be changed to 'injury watch'.
We'll never be shot of him

BlueHaze

How is he a clown? Just askin'
Came in with very high hopes about him and have been an absolute disaster. Constantly injured and when playing almost invisible every single game. Then those rubbish quotes taking a dig at us in the summer when he was with chile and yet again injured himself at copa america. Just an absolutely unprofessional mercenary clown he is.

R'hllor

Good thing we shipped him for 50% of his salary, God knows many moaned about him being loaned out, if he wasnt, half of this place would lose their mind now with his injury.

Red4Life_#7

His body is breaking down, he has been playing professional football since 16/17 non stop, he has lost his pace and his body can't keep up with the demands of the highest level. He is better off going to China for some more bucks. Same happened with Rooney.

Sterling Archer

His body is breaking down, he has been playing professional football since 16/17 non stop, he has lost his pace and his body can't keep up with the demands of the highest level. He is better off going to China for some more bucks. Same happened with Rooney.
Really surprising to me he didn't quit the national team to get his club career back on track. We've seen it from many players and it's extended their careers significantly. Shame his golden retrievers didn't give him better advice

DoomSlayer

Has anyone read the rumours that Inter might be willing to pay "only" €20 million to sign Sanchez on a permanent deal?

I would personally be happy to give him away for free, any fee we can get would be fantastic.

Paul_Scholes18

Has anyone read the rumours that Inter might be willing to pay "only" €20 million to sign Sanchez on a permanent deal?

I would personally be happy to give him away for free, any fee we can get would be fantastic.
He has looked decent for them recently. Probably still best to sell him. Just not sure we will be able to attract any top strikers/wingers which we need.

DoomSlayer

He has looked decent for them recently. Probably still best to sell him. Just not sure we will be able to attract any top strikers/wingers which we need.
For the salary he is on, decent isn't enough. We can't have this guy just as a squad player.

Paul_Scholes18

For the salary he is on, decent isn't enough. We can't have this guy just as a squad player.
The transfer fee to replace him will be massive though. Would be great to get Sancho or someone like that, but I can't see it.

Paul_Scholes18

1 goal. class. Greenwood would score more for Inter
He has been injured and only played like 4-5 games. Thus too small sample to say either way, but he has looked fresh and physically better than he did for us.

Zlatattack

The transfer fee to replace him will be massive though. Would be great to get Sancho or someone like that, but I can't see it.
Not really. What's he added to our team that we'd need to replace him with an expensive signing?

We do need players, but certainly not as Sanchez replacements.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Depend the type of contract. If it's uncertain term contract it's easier for the company to dispose the work until he reaches 2 years. If it's a fixed term contract the company have to pay a fee to dismiss the worker based on the wages he would get.

Paul_Scholes18

Not really. What's he added to our team that we'd need to replace him with an expensive signing?

We do need players, but certainly not as Sanchez replacements.
He can still be a potent attacker shown by his last games for Inter.
Granted we should aim higher and better. Not sure we are though.

We replaced Lukaku and Sanches with Daniel James only.

I understand the clubs wanting to reduce wages so the Glaziers can eat our money up.
Although me as a fan want us spending rather than saving to be honest.

Ace of Spades

He can still be a potent attacker shown by his last games for Inter.
Granted we should aim higher and better. Not sure we are though.

We replaced Lukaku and Sanches with Daniel James only.

I understand the clubs wanting to reduce wages so the Glaziers can eat our money up.
Although me as a fan want us spending rather than saving to be honest.
We have been spending, and we will continue to spend. Keeping Sanchez when he offers nothing, in a more physically challenging league is not going to be good for anyone. At Inter, he might be useful to them and we can get those stupid wages off our books.

There is literally nothing negative about this move if it hopefully happens. We have already replaced him with James, and Rashford has firmly established himself in his position. We don't need him. Hell, I would give Ramazani a shot ahead of him if needed and he would not do worse than what Sanchez showed for us during his time here.

Paul_Scholes18

We have been spending, and we will continue to spend. Keeping Sanchez when he offers nothing, in a more physically challenging league is not going to be good for anyone. At Inter, he might be useful to them and we can get those stupid wages off our books.

There is literally nothing negative about this move if it hopefully happens. We have already replaced him with James, and Rashford has firmly established himself in his position. We don't need him. Hell, I would give Ramazani a shot ahead of him if needed and he would not do worse than what Sanchez showed for us during his time here.
We have spent far too little in my view. I guess we just have different views here. I want to build for the top and not mid table. You need 4-5 good attackers/wingers then. Right now we got 2. We can put our hope in Greenwood, but I want him to be a bonus player rather than starter.

Ace of Spades

We have spent far too little in my view. I guess we just have different views here. I want to build for the top and not mid table. You need 4-5 good attackers/wingers then. Right now we got 2. We can put our hope in Greenwood, but I want him to be a bonus player rather than starter.
Your view is irrelevant, as reality is that we have spent the most money only behind City, and we spent that money to reach the top. We just spent it poorly, and Sanchez is part of the problem.

The fact is, just spending does not get you to the top, you have to spend it on the right players. Greenwood is not a starter, nor will he be next season all of a sudden. And there is nothing to suggest that we will stop spending money anyways.

Irrespective of whether we spend money or not though, that still does not have anything to do with Sanchez's situation. We do not need him, and he was dogshit when he was here. Selling him and getting him out of the club should be the priority.