Alexis Sanchez

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
lacks a footballing brain
Ironically, this is one of the things people always said about Gerrard.

I think it's a lazy criticism, though. It also isn't true of Pogba as he has shown an ability to adapt to different tactical setups.

Stacks

Sanchez is an excellent player but is a bit overrated right now. Personally, I think that there are at least 5 players better than him in the EPL: Costa and Hazard, KDB and Aguero, plus Coutinho.
I don't recall Coutinho having the impact of Sanchez over a season. Sanchez is a wide player who has scored 40 league goals in 79 apps. That is outstanding and is what United are missing right now to help Ibra. Only Hazard has been given a higher rating than Sanchez over the last 3 seasons out of all of those guys but I don't care to much for stats anyway. I don't see how Costa is better than Sanchez. Sanchez can play anywhere in the front 4 and is even scoring more than Costa in Costa's only position which isn't Sanchez natural position.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Give him what he wants. He's the closest to Henry we have had in the last years so we can't afford to lose him.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
Please please get him Roman. A front 3 of Hazard Costa and Sanchez can only be a dream. No way can Arsenal afford to pay him 250 per week which we gladly will.

Stacks

Ironically, this is one of the things people always said about Gerrard.

I think it's a lazy criticism, though. It also isn't true of Pogba as he has shown an ability to adapt to different tactical setups.
I disagree. I think the set up needs to be perfectly built around him for him to perform. He didn't adjust well for France in the Euros but then he may have been tired. United need to chop and change a lot for him also as he doesn't quite understand his roles and can leave his teammates hanging at times

Stacks

@Stacks If your point is that he needs to get better in that regard, I'd agree. He's just 23 after all and has years ahead of him. That's quite different to saying he doesn't have a footballing brain and unlikely to develop it either which is what I disagreed with.
Yeah that is a bit harsh, but I think it was late at night when I wrote that.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I disagree. I think the set up needs to be perfectly built around him for him to perform. He didn't adjust well for France in the Euros but then he may have been tired. United need to chop and change a lot for him also as he doesn't quite understand his roles and can leave his teammates hanging at times
He did OK for France, I think. The problem with his performance levels for his national team isn't that he can't adapt to a deeper role, but that he isn't very good when playing in a deeper role. Left sided midfield for Juve, he was superb. He's been excellent for us on a number of occasions when Carrick has played behind him in a midfield three, or even one or two occasions when he has played deep, like the first match against West Ham.

Anyway, we're slightly derailing the thread.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
If Wenger loses even one of Sanchez or Ozil, way more Arsenal fans are going to want him sacked. Just pay them what it takes, you have the money ffs. Besides if they lose them who are they going to replace them with? Iwobi and the likes of Ramsey are not going to step up and they won't be able to get the likes of Griezmann either imo.

Zoo

Please please get him Roman. A front 3 of Hazard Costa and Sanchez can only be a dream. No way can Arsenal afford to pay him 250 per week which we gladly will.
Would be pretty special.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
If Wenger loses even one of Sanchez or Ozil, way more Arsenal fans are going to want him sacked. Just pay them what it takes, you have the money ffs. Besides if they lose them who are they going to replace them with? Iwobi and the likes of Ramsey are not going to step up and they won't be able to get the likes of Griezmann either imo.
I'd sell Ramsey. He is just useless. Can't find any position where he can play well.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
It is getting concerning now and if they're asking for 200-300k we should pay it. If we don't though I hope we just play them into the ground for 18 months rather than selling them in the summer. Unless you're getting 100m you can't really improve and as Liverpool and Spurs proved, you can't replace world class players. Plus they'll both be 29 and probably passing their prime and we will have had them on 140k at their peak for the contract length.

If we were forced into replacing I'd want us to look at Griezmann, Reus, Fekir, Mahrez and Lacazette maybe. We probably couldn't get Griezmann or Reus though. Payet's probably too old but he'd be a good Ozil replacement.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
I don't recall Coutinho having the impact of Sanchez over a season. Sanchez is a wide player who has scored 40 league goals in 79 apps. That is outstanding and is what United are missing right now to help Ibra. Only Hazard has been given a higher rating than Sanchez over the last 3 seasons out of all of those guys but I don't care to much for stats anyway. I don't see how Costa is better than Sanchez. Sanchez can play anywhere in the front 4 and is even scoring more than Costa in Costa's only position which isn't Sanchez natural position.
The guy you quoted made a lazy and braindead post. Hazard went missing completely for an entire season and Costa, while he is good, is definitely not better than Alexis as you said. Coutinho's too inconsistent to be rated anywhere near Sanchez. I don't think Hazard or Costa are better than Alexis at the moment. Aguero and KDB may well be, at least they both perform when fit and are not moody feckers like the Chelsea players.

My protegee
If he gets promoted he needs a tagline. This is almost PhD level of dedication to the Caf.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
There's zero chance he'd just feck Arsenal over by swapping them for hated a city rival. Unless remaining in London is just far and away his #1 priority.

Although if it ever did happen...:drool: Who's stopping that attack? No one in the PL, that's for sure.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There's zero chance he'd just feck Arsenal over by swapping them for hated a city rival. Unless remaining in London is just far and away his #1 priority.

Although if it ever did happen...:drool: Who's stopping that attack? No one in the PL, that's for sure.
Chelsea is probably his preference tbh. Didn't a close source say he wants trophies, not just money? Plus he's probably comfortable in London.

Stacks

The guy you quoted made a lazy and braindead post. Hazard went missing completely for an entire season and Costa, while he is good, is definitely not better than Alexis as you said. Coutinho's too inconsistent to be rated anywhere near Sanchez. I don't think Hazard or Costa are better than Alexis at the moment. Aguero and KDB may well be, at least they both perform when fit and are not moody feckers like the Chelsea players.

If he gets promoted he needs a tagline. This is almost PhD level of dedication to the Caf.
:lol:

predator

Youth NITK
Arsenal will be making a big mistake by not paying their 2 best players around 100k each more a week is it? Surely the owners and management are more astute than that.

Then again there are probably around 8 teams in Europe that are more desirable than Arsenal to play for, being on the same wage if not higher. I can see interest from at least half of these clubs in the winter and summer.

It's not looking good for the Gunners.

RC89

Plenty of logic. You need to be a certain type of player to play for United. Not just any "good player" is a good fit for us. Sanchez is one of those players.

Why would you want a player who turned us down twice anyway..?
I hate this BS rhetoric 'certain type of player', the same can be said for ANY big team. He isn't just a "good player" either, he's clearly an excellent player, and in fact he - for me at least - is the right profile of player. Good end product, good drive, good work rate and seems to have the mentality to carry his team when need be.

RC89

Arsenal will be making a big mistake by not paying their 2 best players around 100k each more a week is it? Surely the owners and management are more astute than that.

Then again there are probably around 8 teams in Europe that are more desirable than Arsenal to play for, being on the same wage if not higher. I can see interest from at least half of these clubs in the winter and summer.

It's not looking good for the Gunners.
Arsenal were lucky these two signed for them in the first place. In fact, they were lucky Ozil did. Had he not, I really doubt Sanchez would be there. If they lose these two, not only have they lost two excellent players, they have lost a considerable of their already limited pulling power, as far as top class players go.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Chelsea almost certainly will go for him. Conte has wanted him for years

Stacks

would be so annoying. If you could get Cesc back to his best (he adds different dimension to your other midfielders) and with Kante and/or Matic, then you are looking deadly. its all hypothetical. I can see Bayern chasing him also to replace Ribery/Robben. City are another admirer

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

I really don't think he'll have any clue about the rivalry nor the magnitude of swapping one for the other. Plus it's not like Arsenal-Spurs, nobody really gives too much of a shit about Chelsea.

He'll go wherever the money is. Chelsea have money and a manager who really wants him.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
If he does go to Chelsea that would be way worse than when RVP went to United, that move destroyed them but this would be too much to handle :lol:, Arsenal fan TV would certainly be fun to watch in that event.

robinrooney

Anybody that doesn't want Sanchez, for whatever reason, is off their trolley. Top player, would be an upgrade over our wide/forwards

djmanj

Supports
Arsenal
If he does go to Chelsea that would be way worse than when RVP went to United, that move destroyed them but this would be too much to handle :lol:, Arsenal fan TV would certainly be fun to watch in that event.
How did the move destroy them? not like Arsenal fell from grace and languished mid table.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Anybody that doesn't want Sanchez, for whatever reason, is off their trolley. Top player, would be an upgrade over our wide/forwards
It's funny because he's been arguably world-class since his Udinese days, players like him always produce so it's funny to see him not getting praise at times, he's probably still good enough for Barca in some ways but just MSN work so well.

There's only a handful of players I can say I'd want at United over the years, Thiago Silva, Sanchez, Aguero, Kroos, Griezmann all acquirable at stages of their careers and all missed out (maybe not Griezmann still but he would also be a missed opportunity).

djmanj

Supports
Arsenal
I was referring to how the Arsenal fans were heartbroken after he left.
True that but it wasn't the first time a big name left. There was precedence but his move to United might have hurt a little more. Anyways no big name has left after that and hopefully Sanchez signs an extension. Ozil leaving isn't going to have such a big effect as I feel he can be replaced without a lot of trouble.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
True that but it wasn't the first time a big name left. There was precedence but his move to United might have hurt a little more. Anyways no big name has left after that and hopefully Sanchez signs an extension. Ozil leaving isn't going to have such a big effect as I feel he can be replaced without a lot of trouble.
Tbh that RVP move hurt me as well btw, he was my favourite premier league player by far when he was at Arsenal, ever since that game vs Blackburn in 05 at Highbury I had a soft spot for him. So when he moved to them lot i felt it for Arsenal fans. Also you said that no big name has left after him, and whilst you may be right about that you guys haven't really had a big name player in your squad since 2012 when RVP did move. Only Ozil and Sanchez you guys have had, and if Wenger doesn't pull out the fat wallet they'll leave as well. Sanchez is amazing but Ozil would be hard to replace as well, unless you lot bought Reus or Griezmann which is unlikely imo.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
Not even close. RVP had been with us for 8 injury-riddled years and had only just begun to fulfill his potential over his last 18 months before publicly announcing he was leaving. After we'd persisted so long with him it was a massive kick in the teeth to walk out the door at that point and particularly to join United given he'd moved to Arsenal back when we were still rivals with them.

I know we'd fallen a few rungs on the footballing ladder at the point he left but to have him choose United was horrible. Sanchez has been here less than 3 years and as great as he is (and as much as we'd miss him) I personally wouldn't be half as bothered if he picked another UK team compared with Robin when he made the move.

Still, it's frustrating to be in this position with our top players yet again. Really seems we're the only team in the league that goes through this with such regularity. I understood it in the past given the stadium move and the need to be frugal but according to Gazidis in October we're apparently now in a position to compete with the teams around us in terms of wages. Which begs the question if we're in this position, why are we not doing it!

Reactions: Grinner

lawliet354

I remember the season when Di Maria and Sanchez moved to Premier League, then there is a thread comparing them, most of the post are of course said Di Maria is a better player and he will be more influential than Sanchez... showed how bias some fans are

When you actually watch La Liga, you'd instantly know who the better player is, Sanchez wasn't the main man in that Barca side yet he keeps performing well when he played, never stop running, and actually scores many goals, and now that he is the main man at Arsenal, everybody suddenly praise him , which is weird because he's always been good

And Di maria apart from the season he won CL is always inconsistent, one game he is close to messi and another game he is worse than Ashley Young, and for me inconsistent player is never going to be world class

Watching how the situation right now, it's even more frustrating that we chose Di Maria that was head over heels for PSG over Sanchez back then

Last edited:
Reactions: Penna

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Another factor that would probably prevent us going for Sanchez is the fact that we have Willian & Pedro who can both contribute a lot to the team. Obviously neither are near Sanchez's level but I don't where we'd have room for him without selling one of them.

Varun

Staff
Another factor that would probably prevent us going for Sanchez is the fact that we have Willian & Pedro who can both contribute a lot to the team. Obviously neither are near Sanchez's level but I don't where we'd have room for him without selling one of them.
You'd flog them without batting an eyelid if you got Sanchez.

djmanj

Supports
Arsenal
Tbh that RVP move hurt me as well btw, he was my favourite premier league player by far when he was at Arsenal, ever since that game vs Blackburn in 05 at Highbury I had a soft spot for him. So when he moved to them lot i felt it for Arsenal fans. Also you said that no big name has left after him, and whilst you may be right about that you guys haven't really had a big name player in your squad since 2012 when RVP did move. Only Ozil and Sanchez you guys have had, and if Wenger doesn't pull out the fat wallet they'll leave as well. Sanchez is amazing but Ozil would be hard to replace as well, unless you lot bought Reus or Griezmann which is unlikely imo.
I have my eyes set on Isco (However improbable it may be)