Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's the difference between them being in the last 16 and going out. If that was Karius in goal he'd probably be busy licking the goalpost or something.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He's the difference between them being in the last 16 and going out. If that was Karius in goal he'd probably be busy licking the goalpost or something.
The difference between them being in the last 16 and going out was Ospina inexplicably diving out of the way of a shot at his near post.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The difference between them being in the last 16 and going out was Ospina inexplicably diving out of the way of a shot at his near post.
Always lucky, never on merit :)

JohnSuarez

Supports
Liverpool
Proving himself to be the best keeper in the world with every game.

RAVred

Did well to see the game through to the end, but you were lucky with the goal.
To be fair they had MANY open chances, more than napoli, and fluffed them. Also napoli never really put them to the sword, Insigne was pretty awful from the 2nd half (which I watched).

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If you have the defence of Liverpool you dont need a shotstopper like DDG. You need someone who can build from the back. Cant compare the two, they are both great in different ways.
Edit: well, he is a decent shotstopper as well.
I was joking tbf

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
It was genuinely one of the most straightforward pieces of goalkeeping you're ever going to see. He didn't get in Milik's head anymore than any other half-decent keeper would have. He quite literally moved towards him a bit (as he should), and spread his limbs out a bit (as he should). You teach that shit to kids that want a go in goal.

The guy's an obvious improvement on Karius and Mignolet, but feck me, that save does not prove it.
It doesnt prove he is world class no, however it does prove we have a keeper who can do the basics, it proves we have a keeper who can keep a level head when the chips are down, and it does prove that unless your shot on goal is top corner impossible to save kind of shot, he wont be beaten otherwise. So no not world class, considering the keepers we have had since Reina, we will settle for that. £60+ million for a keeper to do the basics? who would have thought that would be a thing?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It was genuinely one of the most straightforward pieces of goalkeeping you're ever going to see. He didn't get in Milik's head anymore than any other half-decent keeper would have. He quite literally moved towards him a bit (as he should), and spread his limbs out a bit (as he should). You teach that shit to kids that want a go in goal.

The guy's an obvious improvement on Karius and Mignolet, but feck me, that save does not prove it.
Yeah.

Suedesi

He's a great keeper, finally Klopp realized he needs to fix the backline and managed to with Virgil and Alisson.

Roady

Supports
Liverpool
People arguing it if it was a great save or not Fact is it’s a save that kept us in the champions league. That in itself is worth half his transfer fee alone. Add onto that the constant it’s a save he should have made etc.... that may be so but there’s not many keepers who would have saved it. It wasn’t a bad miss as that tweet above points out. A bad miss is a miss. It was a good save. Simple as that.

VJ1762

Man, r/soccer is going insane over this save.

It's quite a shame that De Gea's brilliance has coincided with the decline of our club. If Liverpool ever win a trophy this season, Alisson is going to become the best goalkeeper since sliced bread.

This sunday is going to be unbearable.

the_irish123

I mean, the momentum was building these past weeks in favor of Alisson, and Liverpool's season was on the line in the last minute and he saved a 1 on 1, it was kind of the tipping point of all that build up. You can understand the internet circlejerk over it. Technically, was it an amazing save? Not really.

I was actually glad he saved it, I think if Liverpool focused only on the league it would be much more likely that they win it. I dont think any English team can win the CL

Reactions: van der star

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Man, r/soccer is going insane over this save.

It's quite a shame that De Gea's brilliance has coincided with the decline of our club. If Liverpool ever win a trophy this season, Alisson is going to become the best goalkeeper since sliced bread.

This sunday is going to be unbearable.
I had to unsubscribe from that sub. They've become unbearable with their pro-Liverpool and anti-United circlejerk.

automaticflare

He saved it. That’s what makes a good keeper great. That one save to win you a game not making 15 saves a game. Fair play to hjm

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Overrated save, just a very very poor shot from Milik

Having said that, Allison is still a fantastic keeper

TheLiverBird

That save last night was a great save because of its importance.

But its not the only important save Alisson has done either this season, which is why he’s getting the plaudits he’s getting

He’s made an immediate impact coming to Liverpool

Without him we wouldn’t be sitting on top of the table, nor in the CL last 16

Immense signing which simply cannot be denied.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Great save my arse. The peperami footed Napoli player kicked the ball straight into his bollocks. It's harder to dodge that ball than to get hit by it.
This. I don't even understand why the commentators, pundits and everyone (probably Pool fans) are all wanking themselves silly over this "save". Milik literally shot straight at him. Lolocaust.

TheLiverBird

This. I don't even understand why the commentators, pundits and everyone (probably Pool fans) are all wanking themselves silly over this "save". Milik literally shot straight at him. Lolocaust.
Oh come on

Yeh ok it wasn’t one of them fantastic last minute almost impossible dives for the top corner to keep the ball out

But it’s importance is massive, Alisson could only make his presence known by coming forward and making himself big, such actions help put players off, and fortunately it might have done in this case with a basic chance at goal being kicked straight at the Keeper

He did that and his actions kept Liverpool in the CL

You’d w*** yourself silly if it was De Gea keeping Utd in the CL and rightfully so

It was undeniably more important than humans making contact with Aliens

Kapardin

Lot of fellating over that last minute save, pretty much standard for any GK at a top club. Can understand the excitement of LFC fans after years of Mignolet and Karius, but it isnt worth the journos going batshit.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We'll be returning to this argument in the future because of his reading of the game and speed. Posters here arguing the saves he makes are regular saves and flummoxed at the fact that his save percentage is still the best in the league, as is the difference between xGa and actual goals conceded.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
On Milik's mind, "this is a great chance... But.. Allison was the best Serie A goalkeeper in 2017/2018 season!"
There is no doubt that the keeper in front of strikers get into their heads. Schmeichel lived large on that especially in situations like the one last night.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Oh come on

Yeh ok it wasn’t one of them fantastic last minute almost impossible dives for the top corner to keep the ball out

But it’s importance is massive, Alisson could only make his presence known by coming forward and making himself big, such actions help put players off, and fortunately it might have done in this case with a basic chance at goal being kicked straight at the Keeper

He did that and his actions kept Liverpool in the CL

You’d w*** yourself silly if it was De Gea keeping Utd in the CL and rightfully so

It was undeniably more important than humans making contact with Aliens
You'd be rightfully very fecked off if he'd managed to let that in. It was an important save, but it was also a very routine save. Any save that protects a lead is important, and the closer you get to the end of the game, the more important they are, but that doesn't necessarily mean any of them were great.

Renegade

You’d think some United fans have never seen the Great Dane play for us. Making yourself big and narrowing space is great goalkeeping.

It doesn’t make you less of United fan acknowledging good Liverpool players. It’s the same with united fans trying to convince themselves Virgil isn’t a top class defender or Salah isn’t one of the best forwards in the league/world.

NinjaFletch

We'll be returning to this argument in the future because of his reading of the game and speed. Posters here arguing the saves he makes are regular saves and flummoxed at the fact that his save percentage is still the best in the league, as is the difference between xGa and actual goals conceded.
Yeah, I suspect we will if Liverpool fans insist that every bit of routine goalkeeping is world class.

No one has disputed that Alisson is a good keeper after last night. Good keepers, hell, world class ones too, sometimes make routine saves. It would be a surprise if they didn't.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
You’d think some United fans have never seen the Great Dane play for us. Making yourself big and narrowing space is great goalkeeping.

It doesn’t make you less of United fan acknowledging good Liverpool players. It’s the same with united fans trying to convince themselves Virgil isn’t a top class defender or Salah isn’t one of the best forwards in the league/world.
Seems like you've never seen him if you think his entire game came down to making himself big.

TheLiverBird

Yeah, I suspect we will if Liverpool fans insist that every bit of routine goalkeeping is world class.

No one has disputed that Alisson is a good keeper after last night. Good keepers, hell, world class ones too, sometimes make routine saves. It would be a surprise if they didn't.
We are just excited we’ve finally got a Worldie of a keeper ok :D

For years now we’ve had keepers capable of great saves but we’re useless at the routine stuff

Now we have one doing both and regularly, winning us games and gaining us points