Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Come on man lets not be biased. Its like arguing El Ghazi is better than Rashford based on form, simply nonsense.
It's really not though. Pope is a terrific keeper, good enough to oust Heaton from both Burnley and England.

SAFMUTD

It's really not though. Pope is a terrific keeper, good enough to oust Heaton from both Burnley and England.
He's a good keeper but not a great one. Alisson is a great one. If you ask anyone to list you the top 10 keepers in the world right now how many times do you think Alisson will make the list and how many Pope?

Murray3007

had a bad couple of Games, but he saved liverpool at Anfield last week against us, for me over the last 18 months hes been the best keeper in the league and by, would have him in my top 3 in the world, should have done better with the free kick but Pogba plays a massive role in him not seeing it to late. don't think would blame him for the other 2 united goals

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's a good keeper but not a great one. Alisson is a great one. If you ask anyone to list you the top 10 keepers in the world right now how many times do you think Alisson will make the list and how many Pope?
Well that proves it then eh, a load of dopey football fans would name a fancy Brazilian who plays for Liverpool as being better than a boring Englishman who plays for Burnley? I bet most fans would rate David Luiz over Tarkowski as CBs too but they'd objectively be wrong.

I find great keeper a massive stretch to describe Alisson. He is very good but nobody will remember him in 20 years' time. He's just a very solid all rounder. Similar or slightly better than Kasper Schmeichel who is an excellent keeper but will mainly be remembered for his dad and his loyalty to Leicester.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He’s being found out now he isn’t so protected. Said this would happen. He’s never done anything worth the plaudits.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His distribution is just so good.

Zoo

Not the best in the world but very good still. Wonder if he’s fully fit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Made a few howlers in the games before this too, no? Suspect for a penalty against Burnley(?)

Erics_Collar

Not the best in the world but very good still. Wonder if he’s fully fit.
What has fitness to do with the mistakes he made today?

That's like me e-mailing my company director calling him a knob, and when pulled in front of HR, claiming I had a dodgy achilles.

Zoo

What has fitness to do with the mistakes he made today?

That's like me e-mailing my company director calling him a knob, and when pulled in front of HR, claiming I had a dodgy achilles.
I dunno he has been ill hasn’t he? Very uncharacteristic performance from him today.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Insane mistakes. Was he watching De Gea last night and thinking: 'You think that's bad. Watch me tomorrow.'

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There’s something to be said for keepers just getting rid of it when under pressure.

Pace Abuser

It's bizarre. I don't think it's lack of protection. They're just amateur moments. 3 times on the trot.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
There’s something to be said for keepers just getting rid of it when under pressure.
How I usually would play when keeping for my five-a-sides or Saturday leagues (in the US) - just hoof it. I'm not good enough on the ball to dink it around. I made the occasional gaff, usually a mishit/underhit kick but sometimes tried to be a bit cute. Costly.

I never had a problem with United keepers just hoofing it when under pressure. Less risky. Same with defenders.

Threesus

I knew this guy was overrated. Scousers hyped him so much because they were used to the likes of Mignolet and Karius. And someone on here said the other day that he was like VDS. Give me a break.
VVD should get a statue outside Anfield for making this defence look good, by the way.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The body language after the 1-3 was golden.

I almost felt sorry for him, but then I remembered that time he was filmed snorting stuff from a prostituete's boobs and thought, meh he'l be aight.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s going to be knee jerk central in here tonight now. He’s been far more reliable than DDG over the last few years and one or 2 bad games won’t change that. Absolute howler tonight however you want to look at it though. 2 keepers handing city the title.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Insane mistakes. Was he watching De Gea last night and thinking: 'You think that's bad. Watch me tomorrow.'
:lol: DDG has shown a new way on how to get long-term contract and get paid well. Which is by having your shittest season.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That was worse than De Gea. Damn, you'll rarely see so many blatant mistakes from one keeper in a season even.