Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Dunno what he was thinking for that passage of play where he passed it straight to Greenwood, I’d have been having kittens if de Gea did that.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Two mistakes in his last two games which have cost Liverpool. I do believe he could have dealt with the Burnley one a lot better.

Saying this though, I’ve always thought it’s between DeGea and Allison for the best in the league, I don’t think there’s a clear winner.

One to watch is nick pope.
Really. Half this forum wanted DDG binned off at one point last season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A bit like De Gea in a sense that you're so used to him not letting goals in every time he does it gets extra scrutiny

Greenwood's yesterday would be harsh to really analyse Alisson part in it too much but Rashford and Bruno's goals you expect him to do a lot better with

Jonno

He's really nothing special. He's a good keeper, but shouldn't be discussed as the best in the league or Europe, by any stretch. He never really does much more than the routine things. He's always got a red mist mistake in him when he rushes out.

Rossa

The worst part of his pass to Fabinho was that it was so arrogant and careless. He really did set up Fabinho to fail, and I think that was a blatant red card. Greenwood would have been clean on through, and Fabinho was not even close to getting the ball.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

'Best in the world' :lol:
I know. Even if you only watch Liverpool games, there's no excuses really given it's less than a year since Oblak came to Anfield and was man-of-the-match in knocking out Liverpool.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not great yesterday but lets not pretend that he isn't an excellent goalkeeper. Liverpool going through a bad patch doesn't mean Allison, Alexander Arnold, Robertson, Thiago etc are all overrated as I've seen on here in the last 24 hours
They are good players but the FBs were so hyped up in a way that ours were vilified on here. Jenas was still saying he’s( TAA) was the best RB in Europe. There’s no balance.

You’re world class or shit

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
They are good players but the FBs were so hyped up in a way that ours were vilified on here. Jenas was still saying he’s( TAA) was the best RB in Europe. There’s no balance.

You’re world class or shit
I don't think its that outrageous a statement to say they're both the best fullbacks in Europe, not that I necessarily agree. As far as ours is concerned, I've heard Wan Bissaka constantly being labelled the best defensive right back in the world while Shaw is receiving loads of praise now that his form is deserving of it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think he is a good keeper but it's weird because I cannot remember him ever really making saves in any of Liverpool's games.

He's similar to VDS in that he's often in the right place at the right time so everything looks easy for him. Having said that he was crap yesterday which I'm grateful for.

Jonno

Not great yesterday but lets not pretend that he isn't an excellent goalkeeper. Liverpool going through a bad patch doesn't mean Allison, Alexander Arnold, Robertson, Thiago etc are all overrated as I've seen on here in the last 24 hours
Hes a good level goalkeeper and one of the better keepers in Europe, but I think what bothers opposition fans is this theory that he's the best goalkeeper in world football. Based on what? 2 years of making routine saves? He is defensively sound at everything he does, but not sensational at anything. He also makes errors, gives penalties away, he rushes out, often misses the ball.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Hes a good level goalkeeper and one of the better keepers in Europe, but I think what bothers opposition fans is this theory that he's the best goalkeeper in world football. Based on what? 2 years of making routine saves? He is defensively sound at everything he does, but not sensational at anything. He also makes errors, gives penalties away, he rushes out, often misses the ball.
I think many in the media, sky pundits certainly, are guilty of not watching enough football outside the Premier League or thinking the Premier League is miles better than the rest. They equate best in the Premier League as being likely the best in Europe or the World. I think Allison has proven to be the best in the league certainly, based on the last couple of seasons.

youngrell

Can't say I've ever seen anything astonishing from him, but because I tend not to watch Liverpool too often, I always assumed he was as excellent as being made out by everyone. The praise for the save against Napoli (I think) was always way over the top.

I think all 3 goals yesterday were difficult to stop, but I also think De Gea of old would have stopped at least 1 (and quite possibly both of Salah's goals).

GledTheRed

Can't say I've ever seen anything astonishing from him, but because I tend not to watch Liverpool too often, I always assumed he was as excellent as being made out by everyone. The praise for the save against Napoli (I think) was always way over the top.

I think all 3 goals yesterday were difficult to stop, but I also think De Gea of old would have stopped at least 1 (and quite possibly both of Salah's goals).
Henderson moved his leg out of the way of his second, poor goal that was.

youngrell

Henderson moved his leg out of the way of his second, poor goal that was.
It was. I don't see that going past Dave. And the first goal was a very good finish but DDG is usually very strong in those situations and keeps himself tall until the very end. Touch and go whether he stops that.

GledTheRed

It was. I don't see that going past Dave. And the first goal was a very good finish but DDG is usually very strong in those situations and keeps himself tall until the very end. Touch and go whether he stops that.
Can't fault him for the first goal as it was a great finish. Second goal was an error in my opinion.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was walking past Old Trafford
When I heard the sudden roar
United beating Liverpool
Klopp was getting blubbing more
The ball was with Bruno
The ball was in the net
Greatest keeper ever was lying in the wet

macheda14

I was walking past Old Trafford
When I heard the sudden roar
United beating Liverpool
Klopp was getting blubbing more
The ball was with Bruno
The ball was in the net
Greatest keeper ever //
was lying in the wet
Some small errors with formatting and the syllabic rhythm, but strong effort. Well done.
Mr Macheda14.

NinjaFletch

He reminds me of VDS in many ways. Well rounded, solid, but ultimately a bit unspectacular.

Should have saved Rashford's effort and thought his positioning was a bit weird for Bruno's goal.

Remember the geese

He's ok and solid enough, but it does get grating how often we hear "World Class save" and "that's why he's the best in the world" anytime a shot is struck straight at him. Thought he could have done better with the Rashford finish in particular.

He also looked uncomfortable on the ball on a few occasions. There was a point where Jenas was fawning over his footwork when he controlled a simple backpass. "Didn't even flinch".

cyberman

He reminds me of VDS in many ways. Well rounded, solid, but ultimately a bit unspectacular.

Should have saved Rashford's effort and thought his positioning was a bit weird for Bruno's goal.
I think Rashfords shot is very clever so Ill give him a pass. Its set out so wide from him curls back in that he has to know its going there to save it.
Normally Rashford just toes it and thats what the keeper would have studied.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He was septic yesterday. A proper alehouse performance.

Twice he was within centimetres of being caught under a bouncing ball over the top by rushing out of his area over-zealously, barely getting his head to it to knock it to safety (even that’s high-risk in itself as he has absolutely no control over where he heads it).

He’s going to cost them a goal with that exact manoeuvre before long, you can bet on it.

Davie Moyes

I think he's a top class all round goalkeeper so give him credit. However like Ederson I think him being so good with his feet/outfield play and sweeper/keeper due to being a futsal player means he gets over-hyped into being labelled best in the world etc.

Thought he could have done better for second and third goals.

I've never yet to see him make an outstanding save (could be due to outstanding positioning and me not watching him enough). With DDG at his best he was pulling off saves that with cat like reflexes that you had to watch again and again to believe.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's not even top 3 in the Prem. Lloris, Martinez and Pope have all had terrific seasons and De Gea has been pretty good too.
Statistically de Gea's been underperforming, just making less high-profile clangers compared to the previous few seasons.

Alemar

Statistically de Gea's been underperforming, just making less high-profile clangers compared to the previous few seasons.
If we talk about statistics, then statistically the best GK in the league now is Nick Pope...

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Christianity is major to South Americans, even though within the UK youd get a sideways look about Christianity with our ever growing irreligion stance.

But yeah, tears of joy is going a bit too far.
Both sides of my family come from big Catholic cultures. I even have some of these evangelical types in my extended family and they’re some of the worst, most delusional people I’ve ever met tbh.

SAFMUTD

In terms of form this year? Fight me on it.
One thing is to be better and another thing is to be on better form. Pope has been on great form, but no one would dare to call him better than Alisson. Imagine all those keepers are available who do you think top teams would pick first?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I know. Even if you only watch Liverpool games, there's no excuses really given it's less than a year since Oblak came to Anfield and was man-of-the-match in knocking out Liverpool.
Ridiculous to rate him on Oblak's level. He's been at the top for longer, is more spectacular as well as able to be consistent. 4X La Liga Golden Glove winner I think?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
One thing is to be better and another thing is to be on better form. Pope has been on great form, but no one would dare to call him better than Alisson. Imagine all those keepers are available who do you think top teams would pick first?
Why wouldn't anyone dare to call him better than Alisson? De Gea has been a much better player than either of them but it doesn't mean I think he's much better now.

SAFMUTD

Why wouldn't anyone dare to call him better than Alisson? De Gea has been a much better player than either of them but it doesn't mean I think he's much better now.
Come on man lets not be biased. Its like arguing El Ghazi is better than Rashford based on form, simply nonsense.