Alisson Becker | Budding Target Man

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Without VDK , guy is getting exposed. Think he has always been prone to these kind of brain farts but the defense bailed him out. This is his standard .
If you go by the stats he certainly makes more than his fair share of errors. And I'm not even sure incidents like today's count on the stats.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What the feck was he doing? Can't for the life of me work it out... He shouldn't be coming for that ball in a million years.

NK86

Another clown, Owen, saying that he is still the best in the world and Klopp should keep sticking by him. When it comes to DDG, they all bay for his blood. Feckin hypocrites.

Jonno

People saying this is a sudden change in Allison. He has been making errors for 2 years, its just that Liverpool would win games and you'd forget about it.

Maxii

Paad
Memory of Carragher getting excited calling him the greatest keeper in the world against us last month. Nothing sweeter than Carragher being made to look like a knob

SirMarcusRashford

Never understood the praise these 'sweeper keepers' get, I've seen the first and still the best of them (Neuer) make these kinds of mistakes before.

I'd rather see world class old fashinioned traditional keeper (ie:- Van Der Sar/Kahn/Buffon) beweeten the sticks over these new age goalkeepers thinking they are outfield players.

IRELANDUNITED

But according to MOTD's top 10's list he is one of the greatest ever goalkeepers of the PL era? OK. And Henderson was one of the greatest ever captains, OK again.

Cloud7

Never understood the praise these 'sweeper keepers' get, I've seen the first and still the best of them (Neuer) make these kinds of mistakes before.

I'd rather see world class old fashinioned traditional keeper (ie:- Van Der Sar/Kahn/Buffon) beweeten the sticks over these new age goalkeepers thinking they are outfield players.
Neuer is arguably the best keeper ever, so probably not the best comparison to make. Sweeper keepers do allow their teams to play higher up, there just comes a higher margin for error. You accept the positives with the negatives.

cyberman

Memory of Carragher getting excited calling him the greatest keeper in the world against us last month. Nothing sweeter than Carragher being made to look like a knob
Last week saying the only challenge to City was Liverpool is a close second tbf

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Liverpool's goalkeepers are tired of picking the ball out of their net.
That's why they're so bad right now!
They have cold feet too - maybe they should wear some gloves on their feet. :D

Jonno

Yeah, I remember that. Pogba smacked the ball straight at Allison, so literally any keeper in the world would have saved it, and you have Carragher claiming he's the worlds best.

OhGee

Another clown, Owen, saying that he is still the best in the world and Klopp should keep sticking by him. When it comes to DDG, they all bay for his blood. Feckin hypocrites.
Off course he’ll say that - Liverpool don’t have an English GK as backup...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not sure if this was on him rather than Kabak. Had the latter let it go Alisson would have cleared it easily.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How good was he at Roma? Was he this error prone?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure if this was on him rather than Kabak. Had the latter let it go Alisson would have cleared it easily.
It's totally the keeper's fault.

Kabak is under the ball and can easily clear it. And even if he doesn't, he's there, with the attack, and it's all outside the box.

The keeper idiotically rushes out, wipes his own player out and allows a tap in into the now empty net.

Bonkers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's having a spell even post world cup De Gea hasn't plummeted to.

3 goals his fault in 2 games now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To all those that poopooed it when I said he’s not as great as made out all along, to those who couldn’t look past the clean sheet stat, I bid you good day.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And that's not taking into account all the near catastrophes he's had by trying to be too clever on the ball today.
Yep, this playing out from the back obsession continues even when confidence has disappeared. It's mad.

Bearded One

What is wrong with Allison lately? That said I think he is still the best goalkeeper in the league at the moment.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
He was never the best GK in the world, let's be real. A lot of English pundits either don't know much about European football or don't trust the British public to know about it. Oblak and Neuer, at the very least, are certainly better.

It's not like Alisson has a catalogue of memorable saves to back up his claim to being the best, either. He's like Ederson. Usually he just doesn't have much to do.

Hopefully the last of the people who still believed Alisson was anywhere near as good as Ederson with the ball at his feet have finally given up on that one, though.

Reactions: VeevaVee

Tarrou

Kelleher, Allison, what can you do?
Adrian's terrible too
I wrote this song for you

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
His father has been found dead after missing in a river dive, at age 57.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
RIP José Becker. All emotional strength to Alisson.

Now I'll make a comment strictly about football:

Alisson is surely one of the best goalkeepers in the world and he does at least a very, very good and consistent job for Liverpool. Him and Van Dijk were absolutely essential for Liverpool's defense to finally become good. I know you guys love to hate on Liverpool's players an underrate them (specially when they aren't in good form now, such as TAA and Alisson) because you are mostly United supporters, I get the bias, but there can be no doubt in these last years that Alisson is truly a top goalkeeper and a godly blessing for Liverpool after Karius.