Alisson Becker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick08

And i'm telling you, 7 out of 10 italians have seen very little of de gea and have little interest in the PL. Hearing that De Gea is great by british pundits won't convince them that he is. Same thing goes for spaniards, too.
So they had the same opinion about Cristiano Ronaldo too when he was at Manchester, who they took notice of after he arrived in Juventus?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So they had the same opinion about Cristiano Ronaldo too when he was at Manchester, who they took notice of after he arrived in Juventus?
Stupid comparison. Cristiano Ronaldo was Cristiano Ronaldo. A very special player. Plus he did it consistently in CL for 3 years even before moving to madrid. I can tell you that while he was scoring 40+ league goals a season, the general opinion was that he couldn't do that in Italy...

luke511

The only times I saw him play for Roma was against Liverpool in the CL, he looked like pretty shite to be fair. I remember thinking this keeper reminds me of who Roma had in the net when we spanked them 7-1.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Any idea where does De Gea rank in the long range passing category?
Far from it. He's 70th on 39.4%.

Top 10 below:

Player Name - Amount of Long Passes - Passing Accuracy
  1. Alphonse Areola - 146 - 57.5%
  2. Wojciech Szczesny - 203 - 55.7%
  3. Alisson - 495 - 55.4%
  4. Pepe Reina - 419 - 54.2%
  5. Ederson - 280 - 52.5%
  6. Antonio Mirante - 757 - 51.8%
  7. Marc-André ter Stegen - 444 - 51.6%
  8. Kepa Arrizabalaga - 714 - 51.5%
  9. Thomas Strakosha - 577 - 51.0%
  10. Gianluigi Donnarumma - 490 - 50.6%
edit: For your benefit I put in Liverpool keepers stats:

70th. David De Gea - 660 - 39.4%
98th. Simon Mignolet - 233 - 35.2%
99th. Jan Oblak - 612 - 35.1%
109th. Loris Karius - 246 - 31.3%

1994Baggio10

Supports
Liverpool
Be over the moon even if he's half as good as De Gea.:D
God, we've had crap between the sticks for over a decade.

RyRoc

Liverpool needed to invest in that position so have taken a heavy price for it. It's a risk but not one they will care about too much if it comes off. The fee, however, puts him under considerable pressure right from the off. Personally I don't think he's worth the money and would actually argue he's still relatively unproven at this level but that's just my opinion. I can see why Liverpool have gone for it but feel their situation means they have had to pay at least 15 mil more than what they would have hoped for.

Welbeckham

De Gea's distribution is pretty poor. It's slow and uninspired. De Gea outside of shot stopping is very average I would suggest, but his shot stopping makes up for it because it is the most important aspect for any keeper and he's asked to do so much work currently.

I've said this a few times now, but if De Gea was playing behind Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and Neville, he would attract a lot more scrutiny. What was brilliant about VDS was his leadership, command of area, distribution and willingness to leave his line when necessary. De Gea is average in all of these areas.
I agree with every word. People often fail to look past shot stopping when judging goalies. De Gea is very passive and uninspired in his distribution, and often seems scared to leave his line.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
They're not. They watch Alisson every game and almost nothing of de gea. De Gea is highly rated in england and among people who follow the PL. I could mention that Oblak has been by far the best goalkeeper in the world in the last 3 seasons. Here, you'll call me crazy. In Spain, pretty much everyone would agree with me

If you asked the average italian who's better between alisson and De Gea, 8 out of 10 would say alisson. People who haven't seen enough of de gea to rate him
While you may be right, I’m fairly sure ignorance isn’t a valid defence.

Moonred

Stupid comparison. Cristiano Ronaldo was Cristiano Ronaldo. A very special player. Plus he did it consistently in CL for 3 years even before moving to madrid. I can tell you that while he was scoring 40+ league goals a season, the general opinion was that he couldn't do that in Italy...
And what do you think that proves?

CallyRed

Heard his nickname is Allisson "Double Decker " Becker due to his stature

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And what do you think that proves?
That people have a tendency to form opinions without the basic knowledge and understanding of the subject matter. And this place is made up of people, too

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And i'm telling you, 7 out of 10 italians have seen very little of de gea and have little interest in the PL. Hearing that De Gea is great by british pundits won't convince them that he is. Same thing goes for spaniards, too.
Strange how no one in Spain knows anything about De Gea despite Real Madrid being desperate to sign him for years, him initially being at Atletico and the starting keeper of the Spanish NT.

I mean, I know who the best players have been in the Italian and Spanish league over the last 5 years.

RedCurry

Liverpool sure mean business this summer. If I were asked about the areas they needed to strengthen this summer, they seem to be addressing every single one of those areas except maybe another CB. They should surely be one of the favorites in the coming season?

poleglass red

Strange how no one in Spain knows anything about De Gea despite Real Madrid being desperate to sign him for years, him initially being at Atletico and the starting keeper of the Spanish NT.

I mean, I know who the best players have been in the Italian and Spanish league over the last 5 years.
was thinking exactly the same.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Florentino Perez was desperate. The rest were decidedly not(starting with Benitez and Zidane btw). Most people in Spain know De Gea for his performances for the NT, where he's been far from incredible and more often than not, average. Public opinion on De Gea -namely the almost complete lack of knowledge of him- was the main reason he's still with you.

Do you? And how many goalkeepers in there, playing for teams that were underachieving with very little to no international exposure?

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout

Yes but you are not Italian or Spanish, so you don't count. They live in caves and have no access to watch any leagues.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes but you are not Italian or Spanish, so you don't count. They live in caves and have no access to watch any leagues.
How many people do you think even watch football regularly outside of their own team and biggest rivals?

Patrick08

Florentino Perez was desperate. The rest were decidedly not(starting with Benitez and Zidane btw). Most people in Spain know De Gea for his performances for the NT, where he's been far from incredible and more often than not, average. Public opinion on De Gea -namely the almost complete lack of knowledge of him- was the main reason he's still with you.

:lol:You sure about that? You are talking about a Madrid born here. :D

Sure De gea had a poor world cup, but so did many other top Players, even the likes of Ramos and Pique has had poor world cups since last 2 world cups ,so do that also create an opinion about them as well or it just implies to players playing outside of Spain ?

Anyways I think the discussion is going off topic so i'll give it a rest here.

Last edited:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
£65m for Allison is a bit much. It's probably gonna be like Van Dyke where the overpaying by 25% has made Liverpool lovers (including some United fans strangely enough) try to will him into the next Baresi.

He's a good upgrade on Karius which is the important thing. That's what Liverpool fans will care about. Still not enough to challenge City since City have bench players that can start for other top 4 clubs but Liverpool are turning into a regular top 4 team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol:You sure about that? You are talking about a Madrid born here. :D
Yes, pretty sure about that. It's not that nobody knows him, but his reputation in Spain is very different from his reputation in England. Just as Oblak's reputation in England is different from his reputation in Spain. I should also add that De Gea's reputation among united fans isprobably different from his reputation among say chelsea fans(not talking strictly about goalkeepers here anymore, it's just an example)

Dan

Ederson was £35M last year and now £67M for Allison, wow that is a huge fee for a keeper.

ravi2

Ederson was £35M last year and now £67M for Allison, wow that is a huge fee for a keeper.

True it is a huge fee, but a team like Liverpool has to pay over the odds to get real quality in the side, like Van Dijk.
They are overpaying but at the end of the day they are getting real quality signings in

I recall when everyone was shocked when PSG overpaid for Zlatan and T Silva from AC Milan but those are the types of signings that propelled them into the position they are in today....now they have signing players like Neymar & Mbappe and are talked about as one of the favorites to win the Champions league

Status
Not open for further replies.