Alisson Becker

Status
Not open for further replies.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Mignolet though. Karius' infamy may live longer, but Mignolet is nonetheless the shittest of them all. Not the first season for us where he clocks in at the very bottom of the league statswise.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Is De Gea top of the long passing stats? I've always felt that he had excellent accuracy with his long passes.
De Gea's distribution is pretty poor. It's slow and uninspired. De Gea outside of shot stopping is very average I would suggest, but his shot stopping makes up for it because it is the most important aspect for any keeper and he's asked to do so much work currently.

I've said this a few times now, but if De Gea was playing behind Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and Neville, he would attract a lot more scrutiny. What was brilliant about VDS was his leadership, command of area, distribution and willingness to leave his line when necessary. De Gea is average in all of these areas.

Zoo

De Gea's distribution is pretty poor. It's slow and uninspired. De Gea outside of shot stopping is very average I would suggest, but his shot stopping makes up for it because it is the most important aspect for any keeper and he's asked to do so much work currently.

I've said this a few times now, but if De Gea was playing behind Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and Neville, he would attract a lot more scrutiny. What was brilliant about VDS was his leadership, command of area, distribution and willingness to leave his line when necessary. De Gea is average in all of these areas.
I would suggest that this is bullshit.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

He literally parries everything back into play in his supposed highlight reel

I won't claim to be an expert on him but he didn't look great in two games against Liverpool last season nor did he look anything amazing for Brazil in the WC, is he better than what they have already? Possibly but I'm not seeing someone who won't make his own fair share of mistakes next season

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Meh. It would be better if he just came out and say "I had to change my mind on this", but as you can imagine I am not terribly bothered by this in the face of the sumptuous transfer policy weøve adopted over the past year or so.
He just needs to learn to shut his trap and stop making idiotic statements which come back to haunts him.

Brilliant transfers the past year though

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Leave

PepsiCola

... you aren't wrong.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's been Brazil's starting keeper since November 2016.
I was exaggerating but..

Just you. He was already linked with us when we played Roma in the CL back in April/May.
Fair enough, but I have barely heard a peep mentioned about him until these strong links.
Seems like a case of interest bloating the hype. Should be an improvement though.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout

What a load of nonsense.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch

You are worse than Hitler.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

How was De Gea's distribution in LVG's time? Under Jose he just seems to hoof it up the field... Not sure if it's a case of average distribution skills or just not trying.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Klopp moving surgical this summer.

Simply targeting the weak areas, and going out and getting the best available on the market. One more centre half and City will be shitting it. They already had City’s number last season.

ravi2

Dayum, Liverpool doing all the right things this window.
I have to agree, they are correcting all the holes in their squad with quality signings ....fabinho,kieta and now allison.
Shaquri for depth and even came close to signing Fekir.

If Salah has a season remotely resembling last season they will challenge seriously on all fronts

Good on them, and while we still need a LB, CB and RW

PepsiCola

De Gea's distribution is far from the best.

Compared to Van Der Sarr, he isn't at all commanding in the box. But that's down to Van Der Saar was very special in this regard.

De Gea can also be slow off his line at times.

He's still the best all round keeper in the world, mind you.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Not good numbers last season to be fair. Dunno what it was like before that though without checking.
I saw your posts, there is a flaw in the method. You have ignored style of play, teams like Roma pass it short or pass it to the full backs, whereas Jose doesn't encourage building from back. He wants GK to kick it long and then win the duels.

When keeper takes so many goal kicks to center of the pitch, his % would be very less.

Not saying he is the best at long passes but just going by numbers misses some context.

Edit: According to whoscored.com, any pass above 25 yards is a long pass, so GK just passing it to fullbacks is a long pass.

United Pro

He literally parries everything back into play in his supposed highlight reel

I won't claim to be an expert on him but he didn't look great in two games against Liverpool last season nor did he look anything amazing for Brazil in the WC, is he better than what they have already? Possibly but I'm not seeing someone who won't make his own fair share of mistakes next season
Yeah that's one thing that stats don't show. Look at clips of de Gea's or Neuer's saves and almost ever single one is out of the danger area.
I remember how statistically Navas was miles better than de Gea back in the 2014/15 season, but watching Navas's saves from that season showed that many of them led to another shot on target.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
In regards to my comments on De Gea, I don't think he is a bad keeper or anything, I just don't think aspects of his game attract anywhere enough scrutiny. He could be so much better, and perhaps in a team where he faced fewer shots and more was demanded of his weaker areas, he would be.

I am always surprised that so many people think he is unquestionably a better keeper than VDS was though. I've never seen that.

By all means, if people want to argue that De Gea is good at any of:
  • Leadership;
  • Controlling his area;
  • Rushing out/sweeping;
  • Distributing the ball, either kicking or throwing;
I would be interested to hear it.

Woziak

Liverpool Squad has improved but still probably only have 1 maybe 2 World Class players in their Squad ....Salah and VVD

City probably have 3 De Bruyne, Kompany and Aguero....problem is they have an awful lot of the next tier down quality Elite players

United have 3 after this WC as well De Gea, Pogba and Lukaku who is now moved ahead of Lewandowski and Benzema only Cavani and Kane are currently better in that mould in world football.

Chelsea Currently Hazard, Kante, Cortois and may lose two of those 3 !

Arsenal just Aubameyang

Spurs have Eriksen, Kane, Lloris ....Trippier def now Elite in tier below

Stop the Meltdown and lets see how all the top 6 squads compare at the end of the transfer window and on current WC form not reputation ....Unless some of the forum now agree with Dejan Lovren that he is now one of the best Centre Backs in World Football!!!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They're a bit weird in that case.
They're not. They watch Alisson every game and almost nothing of de gea. De Gea is highly rated in england and among people who follow the PL. I could mention that Oblak has been by far the best goalkeeper in the world in the last 3 seasons. Here, you'll call me crazy. In Spain, pretty much everyone would agree with me

If you asked the average italian who's better between alisson and De Gea, 8 out of 10 would say alisson. People who haven't seen enough of de gea to rate him

Patrick08

We have seen no such weakness in De gea During Lvg era when he was supposed to play passes from the back and play with his feet. Mourinho doesn't really want him to do that, although sometimes it does help to play from the back when you need to kill time with the Ball possession.

el3mel

UTD fans "rip off, klopp spending fortunes, hes only had one season, hes not as good as DDG"

Football fans in general "massive upgrade regardless of transfer cost etc."

I know which i'll believe.

We have no basis to compare him with DDG as it stands, and it quite frankly doesnt matter. LFC are trying to strengthen their weaker areas, it's that simple.

If i said to UTD fans, here Varane's available for 130 mill....i bet every single one would be keen regardless of price....He'd be a massive upgrade on the Smalling, Jones, Lindelhofs of the world....even Bailly.
What are you on a United forum then ?

poleglass red

They're not. They watch Alisson every game and almost nothing of de gea. De Gea is highly rated in england and among people who follow the PL. I could mention that Oblak has been by far the best goalkeeper in the world in the last 3 seasons. Here, you'll call me crazy. In Spain, pretty much everyone would agree with me

If you asked the average italian who's better between alisson and De Gea, 8 out of 10 would say alisson. People who haven't seen enough of de gea to rate him
funny thing is neither had a great world cup, in fact add Neuer to that mix as well

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yes but it's 2018, people don't live in a box and that would be a daft thing to say given the knowledge of De Gea's brilliance isn't restricted to the corridors of Manchester.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
funny thing is neither had a great world cup, in fact add Neuer to that mix as well
And the WC likely makes up for 80-90% of the games caftards have seen of alisson. Likewise, for de gea and people who don't follow the PL

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes but it's 2018, people don't live in a box and that would be a daft thing to say given the knowledge of De Gea's brilliance isn't restricted to the corridors of Manchester.
And i'm telling you, 7 out of 10 italians have seen very little of de gea and have little interest in the PL. Hearing that De Gea is great by british pundits won't convince them that he is. Same thing goes for spaniards, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.