ALL Ronaldo's future/comments/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
50m couldn't even afford his left testicle to be frank. I know minimum but real are the only club talking, telling the player to break his contract by saying he wants to leave. If madrid want him they will have to pay a heck of a lot more then normal because they're cnuts.

100million or feck off

He won't go anyway. Can't people see how shitty the people are that run Madrid? Ronaldo should avoid like the plague. Ronaldo open your fecking eyes son.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The club would demand 150m€ more like
Possibly. That's why I said 50m minimum. Probably start bidding at 75m. But there's only one or two clubs that can pay upwards of 100m. They're owned by mega-billionaires - Abramovich and Berlusconi. Ronaldo would never go to Chelsea and I doubt he'd move to the Italian league as it's second rate to England and Spain at the moment.

Kelvin

He wants a new contract offer from us naturally.

Suedesi

Ronaldo

I have a feeling he's off. Won everything there is to win and his heart's probably not in it. Fergie will have an important decision to make this summer.

Count Duckula

I think you're wrong, but we shall see.

Using that argument, any player who becomes successful or is part of a winning team will instantly want to move on to a worse team because they need a new challenge.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I am totally with everyone who is going to come on here and says stuff like not again... for fecks sake... feck Madrid etc. However, i still think Ronaldo could have stopped all this speculation over the last month by not making open ended statements. I get the feeling he likes it all to be about him sometimes.

He will stay though.

Merman

I have a feeling he's off. Won everything there is to win and his heart's probably not in it. Fergie will have an important decision to make this summer.
The other leagues are not better anymore which is one of the reasons he wanted to leave. He is at the best team in the world and enjoying his football. Why would he leave?

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
I am totally with everyone who is going to come on here and says stuff like not again... for fecks sake... feck Madrid etc. However, i still think Ronaldo could have stopped all this speculation over the last month by not making open ended statements. I get the feeling he likes it all to be about him sometimes.

He will stay though.
I wonder if maybe he just got tired of responding the same way to the same questions he always gets. Maybe he's just feeling like fecking with the media.

VP

I have a feeling he's going to stay. Whenever you watch him in an interview you can see he's not comfortable. He really doesn't handle the media well.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I wonder if maybe he just got tired of responding the same way to the same questions he always gets. Maybe he's just feeling like fecking with the media.
Yeah it must get tiresome and i would not blame him but we had a Champions League final to prepare for so he should have just said something to shut them all up and keep the media attention on the game. However, Marca etc obviously have a lot to do with it.

surf

Why would a player move on when he is winning and is part of a youngish team that will probably improve and is already the best team in Europe? He can get a new challenge next season by staying and trying to win the treble. Or if he really wants a challenge he should move to Liverpool.

RapidRed

Just imagine how it is going to be during the Euros. I suggest we create a "Random Ronaldo Transfer bollocks" forum for this summer. It will probably be the busiest forum.

Christofaux

why hasnt there been a whos more important Ronaldo or rooney thread in a while... thats what the fans really want to see. Not this transfer crap.

Suedesi

OK, I love Ronaldo, he is a great player and a very important reason why we won the double. I'd love nothing more than him to stay for years.

However, the reality of it is that, at some point he will leave. That has never been in question. What we're debating about is whether that 'point' is next week, a year from now, or 2-3, 5-7 years from now. I simply don't know.

I have a feeling that having won everything there is to win in England, and proving without a shadow of doubt that he is a great, if not currently the greatest, he might want to try something else. Stay here and the best you can do is repeat what you just achieved, or go somewhere else and try something different. I don't know, he's not a local lad, he doesn't bleeds red, he might want to move.

Hope not, mind.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
His heart is still in it, after seeing him celebrate yesterday´s win, I´m more convinced than ever he´ll stay for at least a couple of more seasons. Yeah?

VoetbalWizard

OK, I love Ronaldo, he is a great player and a very important reason why we won the double. I'd love nothing more than him to stay for years.

However, the reality of it is that, at some point he will leave. That has never been in question. What we're debating about is whether that 'point' is next week, a year from now, or 2-3, 5-7 years from now. I simply don't know.

I have a feeling that having won everything there is to win in England, and proving without a shadow of doubt that he is a great, if not currently the greatest, he might want to try something else. Stay here and the best you can do is repeat what you just achieved, or go somewhere else and try something different. I don't know, he's not a local lad, he doesn't bleeds red, he might want to move.

Hope not, mind.
i think he'll move after 2010 world cup or whenever fergie retires.

yes he'll go to spain in his late 20's. but he will not leave this team because if there is one thing he wants to do more than play in spain, it is to win trophies. He knows, and ferguson knows that this team is primed to dominate till the end of the decade. Therefore ronnie won't want to leave this.

VII

CRISTIANO RONALDO confirmed he WILL sign a new deal at Manchester United next week.

The Portugal superstar, 23, finally quashed all the speculation about his future — which has been driven by Real Madrid’s fanzines.

Ronaldo said: “My future will be clear next week. Everyone will be pleased — my club as well as me.

“I think I will definitely be here next season. Yes, I want to stay.

“I have played five years for this club and I’d love to stay here.

“I love the people, the players are fantastic, the atmosphere is unbelievable, the staff are great. That is the reason I want to stay.

“We won the most important trophies this season. I want to do it again next season but no one knows the future.

“I want to stay, I feel very happy in the club. I win trophies, the people are friendly, supporters are amazing, everything is fun for me. It’s very good.”

Ferguson’s assistant Carlos Queiroz was equally categorical about Ronaldo’s future.

Queiroz said: “Without doubt he will continue with United. He’s very happy with us, he has a contract and there is no fear or worry he will go.”

Ronaldo admitted it has been an astonishing turnaround since he became Public Enemy No 1 following his World Cup spat with Wayne Rooney two summers ago.

Back then he had publicly demanded a move to Madrid because he felt boss Alex Ferguson and owner Malcolm Glazer had not protected him after the Rooney row.

Now the undisputed King of English football admits the situation has turned in his favour.

He added: “After the last two years I feel the English people have been friendly to me. I enjoy playing in England but no one knows the future.”

But as far as the immediate future is concerned Ronaldo was adamant — he WILL stay at United. He said: “This is a young team and we have everything to win next year.

“We want to win the Champions League again and we have a good chance. We have a good team spirit.”

The 42-goal wizard is now favourite to be crowned European and World Footballer of the Year in December.

Yet he insisted: “Of course I can get better. The goals are not the most important thing. Maybe I will play well next year but I won’t score as many goals.

“But I’m going to try to do my best. Every season I’ve improved and I want to improve next year.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1198343.ece

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Reckon he'll stay for at least one mroe season, for which we are all glad i'd wager.

However some of his recent interactions with the media have begun to piss me off rather.

You've left the door openfor a move to Spain down the line Ronnie, no need to keep bringing the issue up.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Contradicting stories in other newspapers:

There is only one thing that can ruin Sir Alex Ferguson's summer now, and it is the sight of Cristiano Ronaldo in a Real Madrid shirt. "I do" was the front-page headline in Marca on the morning of the Champions League final, complete with a photograph of a smiling Ronaldo, and Manchester United's supporters are likely to be disappointed today, and more than a bit perplexed, when they learn about his latest prevaricating over his future.

Carlos Queiroz, Ferguson's assistant and a former Real Madrid manager, revealed yesterday that he had spoken to Ronaldo, warning him that Madrid were the "wrong club", but the player seems less certain, repeatedly changing his story during several contradictory interviews.

In the first instance he insisted his future was at Old Trafford - "I want to stay" - but by the time he had reached another group of reporters, some from Spain, his tone had changed. The questions inevitably turned to whether he was, as suspected, interested in joining Madrid and, specifically, when he would make up his mind. "Not this week," he replied, choosing his words carefully. "I will know the following week. Two weeks."

He did not elaborate, smiling and shrugging when pressed, but he was visibly put out when an English reporter asked him why he "kept doing this" and why he seemed unwilling to offer concrete assurances. There was a long pause, then he replied: "I never promise anything. I don't promise anything to my mum and I don't promise anything to the Manchester supporters. I want to stay, I want to stay, but the future ... no one knows."

His timing was poor, to say the least, and his motives will mystify many. One school of thought is that he is trying to put pressure on United to offer him a contract that would establish him as the best-paid player in the Premier League. His current one, however, was signed only last season and has four years to run, and the club's chief executive, David Gill, recently took the unusual step of publicly stating that there were no plans to improve those terms.

Others at Old Trafford believe Ronaldo, an undisputed show-off, is merely playing games and takes a strange enjoyment out of seeing his future played out on the back pages. Madrid, however, will take any sign of encouragement. "Today's players play where they want," the president, Ramón Calderón, said last night. "If a player decides to leave he is unstoppable. Slavery was abolished a long time ago; nobody can prevent a player from moving. If the player is firm in his decision there is no one who can hold him back. I have always said that if Manchester want to sell him we will ask about him, and if he wants to come we can pay what they ask." Real's coach, Bernd Schuster, said: "Sooner or later, Cristiano Ronaldo will wear the white shirt. I hope that it is when I am still at the club."

What is bizarre is that nobody at United, where the regulations about interviews are notoriously strict, seems to have asked, or instructed, Ronaldo to stop flirting with a club about whom Queiroz, for one, has little good to report. "Real Madrid is not Manchester United," he said. "There are times there when you don't even know who is in charge, whether it is the press or the club. It is not like England or other countries where the institutions are independent. In Manchester everyone works in the same direction; in Madrid it is not like that.

"Cristiano and I have talked about this. You have to remember, this speculation about his future is coming from the right arm of Real Madrid, certain newspapers that we know all about."

Ronaldo has a strong relationship with Queiroz and it may work to United's advantage that Ferguson's right-hand man has committed his own future to Old Trafford. "Ronaldo knows we are the best club for him," said Queiroz. "He has made a fantastic development in the last five years. At 23 he is still young and he has a lot of things still to achieve at our club."

Mixed messages

May 1 'It is hard to live in Manchester but it is a great club and I am very happy here'

May 13 'I'm at the right club, playing with the right players'

May 15 'I have said a million times I'd love to play in Spain. I feel happy here, but let's see what happens after the Champions League final'

May 17 'Will I be here next season?

I think so, but you never know what might happen in the future'
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/23/manchesterunited1

hycool

CR7 fanboy
Did you see the way he celebrated yesterday? Furthermore his good friends Anderson and Nani are around,why move to a shit club like Madrid where he wouldnt get along with RVN and a shit caoch like Schuster?

KOV

Melbourne! Was at Old Trafford for UNITED 5 Spurs
He's on top of the world, but Ronaldo is still playing games
By Ian Ladyman Last updated at 10:33 PM on 22nd May 2008

Comments (0) Add to My Stories
With the winner's medal hanging round his neck and his hair still wet from the shower in the early hours of Thursday morning, Cristiano Ronaldo wore the look of a footballer totally sure of his place at the top of the game's hierarchy.

But as the 23-year-old reflected on his remarkable contribution to Manchester United's third European Cup triumph, he still could not bring himself to tell the club's supporters what they really wanted to hear.
He's on top of the world, but Ronaldo is still playing games
By Ian Ladyman Last updated at 10:33 PM on 22nd May 2008

Comments (0) Add to My Stories
With the winner's medal hanging round his neck and his hair still wet from the shower in the early hours of Thursday morning, Cristiano Ronaldo wore the look of a footballer totally sure of his place at the top of the game's hierarchy.

But as the 23-year-old reflected on his remarkable contribution to Manchester United's third European Cup triumph, he still could not bring himself to tell the club's supporters what they really wanted to hear.

The question was simple: Can you promise the United supporters you will still be with them next season? The answer was not. 'I never promise nothing. I don't promise nothing to my mum. I don't promise nothing to the supporters. I want to stay but the future no one knows.'

As Ronaldo spoke, it was 4am Moscow time. The most ludicrously scheduled European final of all time was over and United's players were fulfilling their media duties before heading to a party that was more than deserved.

Still, though, Ronaldo played his game. Would you have to have a new contract to stay?

'I don't know nothing. No one speaks with me. Two weeks.' What do you mean – a decision in two weeks?

'I don't say that. The club make a decision.

' When will you know about your future?

'Not this week. I will know the following week.' While United remain bullish about Ronaldo's future and insist that their most saleable asset remains off the market, the player is less than sure.

Spain is clearly a temptation.

The chances are that he will remain at Old Trafford, at least for another season, but it could be that it will take another record-breaking contract to make sure he does.

Already contracted until 2012 on a salary of £125,000-a-week, he is nevertheless no longer the club's top earner now that Rio Ferdinand has completed his own renegotiation. United do not want to talk to the Ronaldo camp about money. But the feeling is not mutual. The player's agent, Jorges Mendes, was in Moscow this week and has been knocking on the club's door for some time.

'Unequivocally yes, Cristiano will be with us next season,' said United chief executive David Gill yesterday.

'He's got a long-term contract, why would he leave one of the best clubs in Europe? We see no reason for him to leave and I'm sure he does not either.'

Gill's confidence is impressive but it may well be misplaced. Ronaldo has developed an arrogance this season that has certainly done his performances no harm, but has nevertheless been noted by people in and around Old Trafford. He was happy to tell reporters in the run up to this week's game that he is indeed the world's best player, something that may have been re-evaluated had his lame penalty in the shoot-out on Wednesday proved decisive.

'Why talk about the miss?' he asked reporters on Thursday morning.

'I have won the Champions League and I have the medal around my neck.

'Even after my miss I still believed all the time. I knew my colleagues would do the right job. I missed the penalty but I scored in the game. I cannot do everything. It is impossible. I want to score every time but that is impossible.'

Ronaldo's performance in the final was characterised by peaks and troughs. His first-half goal - his 42nd of the season - was impressive, while other contributions were less memorable. Such lack of consistency would appear to be mirrored by his stance on his future. To give him his due, he does still talk about next season, outlining fresh targets and aspirations with United. But it is this capriciousness that United fans will find maddening.

'There's nothing more to win this season, but next season we'll try to do the same,' he said.

'The team is very young and it has a good chance again next season. To win this cup brings motivation for next season. I think the lads look forward to that. But the lads want more.'

Ronaldo's manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, is so sure that his young colt will stay with him that he offered a Spanish journalist a bet on Tuesday. In the previous sentence, he called the same man 'an idiot' for even asking about the player's future. Of more interest, however, are the views of Ferguson's assistant Carlos Queiroz, a man who knows what it is like to be chewed up and spat out by Ronaldo's prime suitor, Real Madrid.

Queiroz, sacked as coach after one season in 2004, said: 'It is important for us and it is important for him because he knows we are the best club for him. ' He has made a fantastic development in the last five years. At 23, he is still young and he has a lot of things still to do at our club.

'I was at Real Madrid so I know what I am talking about it. Real Madrid is not like Manchester United. There are times there when you don't know who is in charge – whether it is the press or the club.

'It is not like England or some other countries where the institutions are independent. Here, everyone works in the same direction.

'He and I have talked about this. You have to remember, this speculation about his future is coming from the right arm of Real Madrid - certain newspapers which we know all about. If you check exactly what he said, he doesn't mean it in that way.'

Despite United's optimism about Ronaldo's future, Real president Ramon Calderon warned: 'Slavery was abolished a long time ago, nobody can now prevent a player from moving. If the player is firm in his decision there is no one who can hold him back. If United want to sell him and he wants to come then we can pay what they ask.'

dont know what to make out this crap ! i reckon he will stay probably get a bit better contract for the year he has had ...

Fergie's gum

Listen to yourselves. Ronaldo is a professional footballer, he is expecting a contract offer from United, of course he's not going to turn around and say yeah I'm staying no matter what. You are falling into the trap set by the tabloids to get United fans frustrated and turn on Ronaldo. He's our player, the best player in the world, he just scored 42 goals this season, we are not a selling club. Do you seriously need someone to spell it out. If the board want him to stay he will stay, if they want to cash in on him, they will, it's in our hands.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I feel most of these 'open-ended' statements are solely due to misinformed journalism.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I feel most of these 'open-ended' statements are solely due to misinformed journalism.
No they are not they come straight from his mouth.

Listen to yourselves. Ronaldo is a professional footballer, he is expecting a contract offer from United, of course he's not going to turn around and say yeah I'm staying no matter what.
There are other ways to go about it. You did not see Brown or other players doing the same thing.

DevilsOwn

all this ronaldo bollocs is pathetic. right when we shuld be enjoying our doble, why should we have to worry *** this.

accepted that ronaldo is by far our best, but what the heck, if he wants to go, get the best money for him and go on with it. we let go of becks, rvn when they were in their prime. no need to keep wondering and pleading with him. if he wants to act like an ass kick him on his

(mind you, only IF he is willing to move after all we ahve doen for him)

rotherham_red

He will stay though.
He just wants a new contract, tack two more years onto it, and give him what he wants in terms of pay, and we're guaranteed to have him for all of his best years, imho...

I've said it in another thread, but I don't think Ronnie will ever fulfill his vast potential if he moves to another club. Think about it, we've got the structure, and our tactics, in the form of the 4-2-3-1 and the presence and industriousness of Rooney and Tevez, suit Ronaldo to a tee. He wouldn't be able to replicate his success with a Madrid, who don't have anybody like Rooney or Tevez in their frontline, and likewise with Barca, Inter, Milan etc.. Moreover, if he goes to any other big club, I fear that they'll play him as a winger, which imho, he struggles with..

In other words, what I am saying is that Ronaldo's rise is more to do with Rooney and to a lesser extent, Tevez, than it is with himself. Which other players play as selflessly as Rooney and Tevez? And it is that selflesness which allow Ronnie the space to do what HE does best...

tyrone red

Ronaldo: "I'll sign next week"

CRISTIANO RONALDO confirmed he WILL sign a new deal at Manchester United next week.

The Portugal superstar, 23, finally quashed all the speculation about his future — which has been driven by Real Madrid’s fanzines.

Ronaldo said: “My future will be clear next week. Everyone will be pleased — my club as well as me.

“I think I will definitely be here next season. Yes, I want to stay.

“I have played five years for this club and I’d love to stay here.

“I love the people, the players are fantastic, the atmosphere is unbelievable, the staff are great. That is the reason I want to stay.

“We won the most important trophies this season. I want to do it again next season but no one knows the future.

“I want to stay, I feel very happy in the club. I win trophies, the people are friendly, supporters are amazing, everything is fun for me. It’s very good.”

Ferguson’s assistant Carlos Queiroz was equally categorical about Ronaldo’s future.

Queiroz said: “Without doubt he will continue with United. He’s very happy with us, he has a contract and there is no fear or worry he will go.”

Ronaldo admitted it has been an astonishing turnaround since he became Public Enemy No 1 following his World Cup spat with Wayne Rooney two summers ago.

Back then he had publicly demanded a move to Madrid because he felt boss Alex Ferguson and owner Malcolm Glazer had not protected him after the Rooney row.

Now the undisputed King of English football admits the situation has turned in his favour.

He added: “After the last two years I feel the English people have been friendly to me. I enjoy playing in England but no one knows the future.”

But as far as the immediate future is concerned Ronaldo was adamant — he WILL stay at United. He said: “This is a young team and we have everything to win next year.

“We want to win the Champions League again and we have a good chance. We have a good team spirit.”

The 42-goal wizard is now favourite to be crowned European and World Footballer of the Year in December.

Yet he insisted: “Of course I can get better. The goals are not the most important thing. Maybe I will play well next year but I won’t score as many goals.

“But I’m going to try to do my best. Every season I’ve improved and I want to improve next year.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1198343.ece

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
the most promising quotes attributed to him in the last couple of weeks. hope it isn't the sun's usual bollox. would love to have all the speculation over with before he goes to the euro's or we will have a whole bloody summer of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.