ALL Ronaldo's future/comments/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynott

Has he not just signed a contract in the last 12 months? A four year contract. Any team that wants him will have to pay £50 million+ or wait 3-4 years.

If he signs another contract then the only difference in the situation is that he gets more money.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
I think the problem is with his English. What he appears to be trying to say is "I will be staying at Manchester United for some time, but I can't say what the long-term future will be and I will make no promises on that."

Nothing to see here.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster believes Cristiano Ronaldo will play for the Spanish champions at some point in his career.

The Portuguese winger has been constantly linked with a move to the Primera Liga and Schuster is confident he will eventually grace the Bernabeu.

The German told Spanish television channel Noticias Cuatro: 'Sooner or later, Cristiano Ronaldo will wear the white shirt. I hope that it is when I am still at the club.'

Ronaldo was non-committal about his Old Trafford future after helping his side beat Chelsea in the Champions League final last night, despite missing a penalty in the shootout.

And Schuster, who led Real to a second straight Primera Liga crown this season, claims the Spanish side cannot afford to miss out on the free-scoring forward should he leave Manchester.

He added: 'If there is any chance of signing him, Real Madrid have to try it.'
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=538150&cc=5901

ainley88

Why is all the talk about him signing. He is already signed for the next 4 years and i realistically I dont think we will keep him beyond that as we know he wants to play in Spain some day.

Ok yeah Gill wants to get a load of money for him. But i think he will be gone in 2 or 3 years.

Saq

great news if true.:devil:

it will be great that one day when he maybe decide to leave United he goes to Barcelona or some other big club ,but not fecking Real.

But my biggest dream is that he will surprise us and he will stay with us for his entire carrer :angel:

WAZZA-UP

IF he does sign a new contract it will only be to benefit the club, put the supporters minds at ease, get more wages, add more small print... bigger release fee etc...

Adebesi

I dont know if I want him for his entire career, if it means every season we have to go through this media circus bullshit, culminating with him getting another £20K a week.

We are champions of Europe and the English league is the best in the world, as evidenced by the performance of our clubs in the champions league. He should want to play because this is where he has the best stage to win trophies and prove his greatness.

I know it is naive to even think it in this day and age but I wish he would give some indication that he cares about something other than being the best paid player in the world. At some stage this shit becomes unsettling for the other players.

The hacks are mostly to blame, but ultimately I resent being held to random constantly over his future. If he is going to go part of me would rather get it over with. If not, I wish he would just give them a categorical answer / sack his agent / tatoo MUFC on his arse.

Cal?

CR7 fan
A new contract so next time Real come calling, they'd still have to come up with that 100m offer, excellent...

Fuzzymel

Even after signing a new deal its not going to stop all the rumours. I think we are in for a summer of it. Used to it now though.

ainley88

Gill was saying he's not going anywhere on SSN yesterday
oh yeah i know he doesn't , but at the same time he probably knows he is going to leave so he will want Ronnie to sign for as long as poss. That way he doesn't leave on a free. As that would be seen as bad business.

Rahul

He'll stay here for many years i guarantee you, but theres no way he's finishing his career here. He'll move to Spain at somepoint in his career but United have never given away a player that they wanted to keep and the same will go for Ronaldo.

Even if he does sign a new contract we'll still get the same rumours we just have to get used to it.

This team is the start of something great, he'll be foolish to even think about leaving.

Tibs

If we sell Ronaldo for £100 million, we just might be able to afford Pennant, might have to throw in Rooney though

nickm

I dont know if I want him for his entire career, if it means every season we have to go through this media circus bullshit, culminating with him getting another £20K a week.

We are champions of Europe and the English league is the best in the world, as evidenced by the performance of our clubs in the champions league. He should want to play because this is where he has the best stage to win trophies and prove his greatness.

I know it is naive to even think it in this day and age but I wish he would give some indication that he cares about something other than being the best paid player in the world. At some stage this shit becomes unsettling for the other players.

The hacks are mostly to blame, but ultimately I resent being held to random constantly over his future. If he is going to go part of me would rather get it over with. If not, I wish he would just give them a categorical answer / sack his agent / tatoo MUFC on his arse.

I know what you mean. On the other hand, I'm not sure a Premiership club has ever had a player like Ronaldo on the books before. We're kind of in new territory here. He's a billion dollar asset to the club, and those guys make their own rules. Look at Hamilton and McLaren - even they have realised they need to bend their rules a bit on contracts to keep him happy.

Can't say I like the prospect of being held to ransom every summer but what choice do we have?

Adebesi

But what you are saying, Nick, is that, finally, here is a player that is bigger than the club.

OK you arent saying that, I am being sensationalist. But its not far off. Here is a player who is "different". In fact, i dont think that is right at all. Best was different. Giggs was different. Beckham was different. We have had plenty of child prodigy media darlings over the years. It is new territory in the sense every person's situation is unique. But otherwise Ronaldo is treading a well walked path. This is the Premiership's best footballer in the celebrity obssessed age of Heat and Hello! The media frenzy around him is commensurately greater than it has been around other players in the past, just as it is for all celebrities. If he goes to Madrid the media will find another obsession.

That's beside the point, anyway. Hopefully the powers that be at the club know how committed he is. If it really is a matter of the media making something out of nothing then I am happy to ignore it. But if he wants to leave then maybe we should let him go. Like I said earlier, it seems to me there are strong footballing reasons for him to stay, but if those arent his priorities I would rather he left than stayed and acted like he was doing us a favour.

Bangor_Red

He'll stay here for many years i guarantee you, but theres no way he's finishing his career here. He'll move to Spain at somepoint in his career but United have never given away a player that they wanted to keep and the same will go for Ronaldo.

Even if he does sign a new contract we'll still get the same rumours we just have to get used to it.

This team is the start of something great, he'll be foolish to even think about leaving.
True,except in the case of Rossi

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
What's the longest contract we can offer him? Would be great to push that 12 back a few years. He does talk about the future, but will he still be happy in 12 months...will we?

I hope he does, atleast then it'll quieten things down for awhile

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Fergie - We will keep Ronaldo

Sir Alex Ferguson has warned Real Madrid that Manchester United will not be listening to any offers for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Fresh from helping United secure a Premier League and UEFA Champions League double, Ronaldo was once again linked with a move to Real.

Reports have claimed that the Spanish champions are willing to spend a world record fee to entice the Portuguese winger to the Santiago Bernabeu during the close season.

Ronaldo expects to have his future resolved within the next fortnight, with United tipped to offer the 23-year-old an improved contract.

And Red Devils boss Ferguson says there is no chance of Ronaldo following the path of several former United players to the Spanish capital.

"When you want to keep someone you work hard to do it," said Ferguson.
"That is a fact not lost on Manchester United, but it is a fact not lost on Real Madrid either.

"We sold them Ruud van Nistelrooy and David Beckham because we wanted to."
Looking at squad

The futures of Louis Saha and Gerard Pique have also come in for scrutiny, but Ferguson insists he is not intending to break up his current squad over the summer.

He added: "We will not be moving anyone out.
"It is not something I have even thought about.

"I just need to look at the squad and know I have enough cover for next season as we have three extra games, one in the Super Cup and two in the World Club Championship to cope with."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3601024,00.html

nickm

But what you are saying, Nick, is that, finally, here is a player that is bigger than the club.

OK you arent saying that, I am being sensationalist. But its not far off. Here is a player who is "different". In fact, i dont think that is right at all. Best was different. Giggs was different. Beckham was different. We have had plenty of child prodigy media darlings over the years. It is new territory in the sense every person's situation is unique. But otherwise Ronaldo is treading a well walked path.
He's not bigger than the club, but he's a lot bigger a lot sooner than perhaps we expected. If we have to tweak his contract to reflect his new status and earning power, then so be it. He's the best player in the world, he's not even remotely near his peak yet, and that's the difference.

Of course, there's got to be a point at which we say 'feck off then' if his demands get unreasonable, but we're the biggest club in the world, and if that means we have to pay top whack for the world's best player, it's not as if we can't afford it.

reelworld

I think the problem is with his English. What he appears to be trying to say is "I will be staying at Manchester United for some time, but I can't say what the long-term future will be and I will make no promises on that."

Nothing to see here.
Pfft.. are you kidding me?
Sensible logic would never sell the papers!

WeasteDevil

Ferguson slams Real over Ronaldo

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Real Madrid of lacking morals in their pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Real coach Bernd Schuster and president Ramon Calderon have both expressed a desire to see Ronaldo at The Bernabeu.

Ferguson, fresh from United's Champions League truimph, said: "Schuster's talking and Calderon's talking.

"Real think they can ride roughshod over everyone, but they won't do it with us. They have no moral issues."

And Ferguson drew a comparison with Real's fierce rivals Barcelona as he fought to draw a line under continuing speculation surrounding the 23-year-old Portuguese winger's future.

He said: "In terms of great clubs, Barcelona have far better morality than Real Madrid will ever have. Real use this Marca newspaper as a vehicle to unsettle players.

"Do you not think we have had many expressions of interest about our players from big clubs in Europe?

"Real Madrid are not the only club interested in Ronaldo. But the others are not saying so. They don't get into this nonsense.

"Calderon makes that great statement 'slavery was abolished many years ago'. Did they tell General Franco that? Give me a break.

"The simple fact is Cristiano has another four years left on his contract."

United have sold David Beckham, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Gabriel Heinze to Real in recent years, but Ferguson insisted the case of Ronaldo was different.

He said: "Yes, we sold them Van Nistelrooy and Beckham but we did that because we wanted to."

And Argentine defender Heinze was transferred to Real last summer after failing in a public battle to secure a move to United's arch-rivals Liverpool.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7416981.stm

Striker10

I reckon alot of madrid fans won't even know who franco was. He's right, they really cannot say anything. They're arrogent scum

VP

Hehe

In internet terms, Madrid were PWNT111!!!

buildabonfire

Last night's events make it:
a) more likely Ronaldo will stay,
b) less likely Ronaldo will stay or
c) doesn't effect it either way

Discuss.

I personally felt that if we had lost because Ronaldo had missed his penalty, he'd be off. Glad as feck that scenario didn't have a chance to play out.
I think it goes the other way.

He would never have let his last act in a United shirt have been missing the penalty that cost us the Champions League. Now he can argue he has given us everything we dreamed of - now it's time to return the favour.

He will go to Spain one day. I think it's 50-50 whether it will be this summer: the spur of a new challenge where he would be the mainest of main men v the genuine chance to be part of a European Cup dynasty a la Real, Milan and, dare I say it, Liverpool.

December_16

There's always challenge here at United, whether you've just won or lost. Ronaldo just helped us conquer Europe, now the challenge is how to build on it and become even more successful. That task is even harder than winning the thing itself.

Ronaldo will be the biggest idiot if he decides to leave the club that the moment. No one with senses would do that.

And it will not happen anytime soon, not when SAF is still here

Striker10

The Spanish ones will unless you think they don't learn about their own history!
I suppose you might have had a point if only I suggested the spanish madrid fans didn't.....:nervous:

Adebesi

Not that many people will care but Franco was a fascist dictator who had nothing whatsoever to do with slavery. That comment was about as relevant as Bush's tendency to talk about 9/11 and Iraq as if they were the same issue.

What Real are doing to us is the same - as far as I can see - as what we did to Munich over Hargreaves. The difference is Real do it all the time, to everyone.

Not saying I agree with what Real do or that it doesnt piss me off but we look like cnuts to the rest of the world whining about it like we are victims.

Striker10

hargreaves wanted to go. Real are trying to unsettle the player to the extent that he wants to go. It is different. If Ronaldo was playing for us against his will, why'd he sign his last contract.

Madrid for the last few years have been trying to unsettle the boy, hargreaves wanted the move. We didnt pester every five minutes because we didn't have to

Adebesi

That is bollocks. When we first made enquiries about OH he had just signed a new contract. But when he knew we were interested he wanted to come.

Similarly, Ron is definitely interested in playing in Spain because he refuses to decline the opportunity to say so every time a journalist is in his presence. He may well be happy at United but the journos would have stopped asking him about it if he didnt bite every time. Ron may be happier at United than Hargreaves was at Munich, but I dont see how anyone on here would know that one way or the other.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
This angling for a better contract line that people are forever putting out, even if that be the case you think that it is justification?

I mean are you suggesting taht he will end up poor for nto saying anything? Surely not.

He'll get a good deal whatever, and this club has been good to him and he in return, it is a fine fit for both. So why the hell not say yeah i'm staying now. It has dragged on a tad as well.

Just seems shabby to me, maybe there is of his agent in all this but that can't be all of it.

We as supporters and the club deserve a little more respect i believe, and Ronnie remember how this reflects on him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.