ALL Ronaldo's future/comments/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

All these quotes and reports about Madrid's antics mean nothing really. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what they do or say, if Ronaldo wants to stay, he'll stay, if he wants to go, let him go.

I'm 100% sure he'll be here next season though.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
First of all if Ronaldo wants to go to madrid, he's not very smart.

Second I still think he'll sign another contract

Third Ronaldo transfer talk should be banned because tomorrow something else will be quoted driving everyone mad

And just to add, someone should give Ronaldo a volley because his mixed signals are taking the joy from alot of people who should only be happy at winning the champioons league/premiership

Grow up son feck sake.

Sam

He's not helping the situation.

To be honest, I think he's enjoying it...

Bape

He should know we are MANCHESTER UNITED,not a second rate club,he can't have it own ways.it will be utd and fergie tht will be decide his future not him..
Precisely. He needs to sort his shit out, even if he does have a secret dream of playing for Real Madrid, don't fecking say it to the press you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, that's exactly what they want, it's just causing controversy and it's not helping either end.

Having said that, I reckon he'll sign the new contract soon enough.

Rahul

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=709158

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/24/Prem-Ronaldo-on-Madrid/

Not old quotes btw.

Hate to say this but if he really wants to leave that badly, and it kind of seems so, then we should just sell him off and use the money to replace him.

I would love him to stay, but the lad is playing a dangerous game with the club. No player is bigger than Manchester United. Big players have come and gone but the success always continues.

Bape

Hate to say this but if he really wants to leave that badly, and it kind of seems so, then we should just sell him off and use the money to replace him.

I would love him to stay, but the lad is playing a dangerous game with the club. No player is bigger than Manchester United. Big players have come and gone but the success always continues.
Well said. But it looks like he still wants to stay, and I reckon he will for a few more years.

Sam

I'm afraid to say he's approaching Beckham territory...

Fergies Formula

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=709158

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/24/Prem-Ronaldo-on-Madrid/

Not old quotes btw.

very true, he really pisses me off should just keep his mouth shut and stop talking shit to the media, i want him to stay but if he wants out he can feck off and id gladly take robinho, i dont want anyone here who dont want to be

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Did a quick scout of the Iberian press and I'm guessing these are comments from the Euro 2008 press conference he did with Nani. The relevant bit being as they asked him (approximately!) you dream of playing in Spain - does that mean for Madrid?

And he gave the same answer he's given for he past two years (though really should have stopped using since a little white/red lie would be better - paricularly this week) - "Everybody has dreams. Even me. Don't you?"

He then went on to say (responding to Marca's allegation) that he's signed nothing with Real Madrid, that he's under contract to United and that the only talking he's expecting to do is with United - and yes, that there might be more news there in a couple of weeks.

It's lousy P.R. - loyalty, even feigned, always sounds better than ambiguity - but it isn't news of anything.

Dodd

He is probably just after an improved contract.
probably? hey im in the camp where im 100% sure this is all more money. its a tactic being employed by ronaldo and his agent: get the supporters all riled up and pressure the board to satisfy the player.

from a player POV, you've got to strike the iron while its hot. It will not get hotter for ronaldo. I think....

edit: could ronaldo and his agent be going after some of the image rights?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Dont think Fergie expects to keep him more than a few years though, said something along the lines of Ronaldo would definately play for United for 2-3 more years which would take him to 25-26 and he didnt know after that

Bape

Dont think Fergie expects to keep him more than a few years though, said something along the lines of Ronaldo would definately play for United for 2-3 more years which would take him to 25-26 and he didnt know after that
Yeah, he said it's going to be a task to keep him, and we'll have to win more trophies to..

Did a quick scout of the Iberian press and I'm guessing these are comments from the Euro 2008 press conference he did with Nani. The relevant bit being as they asked him (approximately!) you dream of playing in Spain - does that mean for Madrid?

And he gave the same answer he's given for he past two years (though really should have stopped using since a little white/red lie would be better - paricularly this week) - "Everybody has dreams. Even me. Don't you?"

He then went on to say (responding to Marca's allegation) that he's signed nothing with Real Madrid, that he's under contract to United and that the only talking he's expecting to do is with United - and yes, that there might be more news there in a couple of weeks.

It's lousy P.R. - loyalty, even feigned, always sounds better than ambiguity - but it isn't news of anything.
That sounds alot better than the articles, I have to say.

Striker10

Annoying how they twist it. I hope we get that contract done sooner rather then later. Hopefully before the euro's so we can actually just enjoy it with no silly speculation

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
if he doesn't want to stay then i'll prefer we sell him to barca that would get on the tits of madrid.

and its his agent who behind all of this.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
That sounds alot better than the articles, I have to say.
So now, I should warn everyone about what else I've just read about the press conference!

This is from the article at: http://noticias.sapo.pt/lusa/artigo/8a881a765d4390d3212838.html

Basically, he says that he's got nothing to say and there's nothing he can do about the rumours because people have been making stories up about him for years. The press officers say they won't take any more questions that aren't about Portugal. A couple of the Spanish press then asked: "So would you like to have Casillas and Ramos in your team?" And everyone laughs.

However, at the end - expect this for breakfast tomorrow - one of the reporters hands Ron a Real Madrid poster and much snapping ensues. I haven't seen this bit yet - but I'd guess we'll all have the pleasure soon.

zing

Zingle balls
I don't understand why he needs to play mindgames for a new contract.

He's the best player in the world, he'll get what he wants. Why not just go out and demand it?

Rahul

So now, I should warn everyone about what else I've just read about the press conference!

This is from the article at: http://noticias.sapo.pt/lusa/artigo/8a881a765d4390d3212838.html

Basically, he says that he's got nothing to say and there's nothing he can do about the rumours because people have been making stories up about him for years. The press officers say they won't take any more questions that aren't about Portugal. A couple of the Spanish press then asked: "So would you like to have Casillas and Ramos in your team?" And everyone laughs.

However, at the end - expect this for breakfast tomorrow - one of the reporters hands Ron a Real Madrid poster and much snapping ensues. I haven't seen this bit yet - but I'd guess we'll all have the pleasure soon.

Here's the translation

Viseu, May 24 (Lusa) - The extreme Portuguese international Cristiano Ronaldo, European champion and English football in the service of Manchester United, clarified today that there will be news only in relation to their future within two or three weeks.

At a time when the pressure intensifies if the Spanish press, which has "pushed" the player for Real Madrid, the "7" of United and the training of "corners" repeated the words of the previous day.

"Real Madrid? As I said at the airport (in Lisbon, the Portuguese arrival in soil, Friday), just within two or three weeks there will be more news about my future. Now there is no point in talking more about it," Portuguese stressed the extreme.

Still, Cristiano Ronaldo ensured that the interest of Real Madrid did not disestablish: "if these stories I can destabilise? Certainly not. They completely beside me, because now I am used in previous years."

Throughout the press conference held today in Fontelo, in Viseu, Portuguese and Spanish journalists tried to circumvent the press officer of Portuguese Onofre Coast, which only allows questions about the Euro2008, but have had no success.

As only he could talk about Europe, a Spanish journalist chose "random" selection of two Spanish players - the calharam of Real Madrid (Casillas and Sergio Ramos) -, asking if Ronaldo would like to have on your team.

The question was vetoed, with general laugh through, but at the end of the press conference, Ronaldo ended up being compromised even with Real Madrid: gave him a poster of the club to the hand and then fotografaram it with it
So basically he likes the interest from Madrid
A "decision" will be made in a few weeks
He posed with a Real Madrid poster

New contract or not its a dangerous game to play with Manchester United. Imagine if Rio Ferdinand was doing this before he signed his new contract :nervous:

kishankhagram

feck it, he clearly doesn't love United that much, sell him for all I care, I am sick of the mind games he is playing. Get the 100 Mill and buy new players. As much as I love him, it is clear he only cares about himself.

Veron

Varun
I don't care if we sell him for free,if you don't want to play for united,you can feck right off.

Saying that this could all be some big cooked bullshit from the press.

giggsy1078

I think that articles makes it sound a lot worse than it was.

Ronaldo: I don't want to talk about it now. There's no point.

Spanish journo who just couldn't help himself and had to try: So what do you think of Casillas and Ramos?

Laughter.

Rahul

Tomorrows going to be manic then.

Posing with a Real Madrid poster ffs. He won't need to decide his future, he'll be sold off if he continues like this.

Sam

I'm actually beyond caring now...

If he stays, then I will be delighted as he is a fantastic player (the best in the world), but my respect for him as a person has already been tarnished, and I will never have the same affection for him that I have for the likes of Rooney, Tevez, Giggs, Scholes etc. And it pains me to say that. But, at the end of the day, I'd feel far more upset, and be more concerned, if it were Rooney we were talking about leaving.

And..

If he goes, well then he goes. Real Madrid gain the best player in the world, we (hopefully) get a shed load of cash, replace him, build on our success, and go onto win more trophies.

Anduin

All this articles basically say the same things, I don't give a shit about them. Queiroz will sort this out, he'll be the big factor in Ronnie's decision whether to stay or leave. Personally I think Ronnie will sign after the European Championship and stay for at least two more years.

Rooney1987

Has he ever said he wants to play for Madrid or is just he want's to play in Spain. If so sell him if he want's to go to Barcelona (that would piss Madrid off) for deal with Messi and Cash. I know Ronaldo is a better player then Messi at the moment but who elso is there.

LizardKing

First Team Regular
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
Has he ever said he wants to play for Madrid or is just he want's to play in Spain. If so sell him if he want's to go to Barcelona (that would piss Madrid off) for deal with Messi and Cash. I know Ronaldo is a better player then Messi at the moment but who elso is there.
He said after the WC in 2006 that he wanted to go to Spain to play for Barcelona or Madrid. Nothing like that since then though.

Striker10

It's quite interesting the spanish media gave him a madrid poster.....why not and barca poster?

So it's not about playing in spain it's playing for 'them'...

Were they on the madrid payroll? lol

Well I think taking the pic is meh, it doesn't mean anything though no doubt they'll use the pic as some kinda validation he wants to go there

But his type of personality, he's big on ego unfortunately. I just hope the other lads, like Nani don't follow his lead because Ronaldos setting a bad example

The players have dream lives, they milk the fans....I don't think its much to ask to repay the fans support by not being complete assholes

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
It's quite interesting the spanish media gave him a madrid poster.....why not and barca poster?

So it's not about playing in spain it's playing for 'them'...

Were they on the madrid payroll? lol

Well I think taking the pic is meh, it doesn't mean anything though no doubt they'll use the pic as some kinda validation he wants to go there

But his type of personality, he's big on ego unfortunately. I just hope the other lads, like Nani don't follow his lead because Ronaldos setting a bad example

The players have dream lives, they milk the fans....I don't think its much to ask to repay the fans support by not being complete assholes
It's the Madrid papers Marca and AS that are obsessed with him and keep printing stuff about him. And the stories of him being a boyhood Real fan keeps popping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.