ALL Ronaldo's future/comments/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

talking robot

Ronaldo is going nowhere anytime soon
Exactly. It's not his decision whether or not he stays. He will be in a much more powerful position in 2 years when we start getting worried about his transfer value should he decide to see out his contract. We definitely have him for another two years, and there's not much he can do about it.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That is bollocks. When we first made enquiries about OH he had just signed a new contract. But when he knew we were interested he wanted to come.

Similarly, Ron is definitely interested in playing in Spain because he refuses to decline the opportunity to say so every time a journalist is in his presence. He may well be happy at United but the journos would have stopped asking him about it if he didnt bite every time. Ron may be happier at United than Hargreaves was at Munich, but I dont see how anyone on here would know that one way or the other.
Hargreaves had been talking about playing in England since 2004. He was open to any of the top 4-5 clubs making offers. SAF should have moved for him in summer 2005 before he signed a contract extension. He'd have fit in nicely that season behind Keane and Scholes, especially after the former's release and the latter's eye injury. SAF was quoted as liking the player during that summer. Might have been better to make a bid for him knowing he was out of contract the following summer instead of haggling over a potential 15m Ballack transfer. Hargreaves waited out the transfer window and no offer came in from England; he resigned in October 05.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Ronaldo, speaking at Lisbon airport, said: "Right now my mind is set on the European Championship. My future will be discussed during the next two weeks, we'll see."

He denied media reports that he had accepted an invitation to move to Real Madrid, saying: "It's a lie. Right now I have nothing. I have a contract with Manchester."

Ronaldo prompted speculation on his future by sending mixed messages after Wednesday's Champions League final victory.

"I don't promise nothing. I don't promise nothing to my mum, I don't promise nothing to supporters," he told Radio 5 Live.

"I want to stay but the future - no-one knows. I want to stay. We are going to see in the next two weeks, I don't say I make a decision."

Ronaldo was on his way to join Luiz Felipe Scolari's Portugal squad preparing for next month's Euro 2008 tournament.

"It would be amazing to win the Euro, but we have to look at one match at a time. The first match is crucial," he said.

"Now the group will be together in Viseu and then in Switzerland, we have all it takes to create a great team and from then on all will be easier."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/sport...ws&rpc=401&pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0

redwhiteblack

if he wants to go, LET HIM GO.

i don't like his comments just days after his team mates helped him earn a CL winner's medal.

no other player in our team would make comments so open ended, and Ronaldo's no idiot. he knows what he's saying.

he's got the opportunity to stay at the biggest club in the World, where he's adored, and where his style of football fits like a jigsaw piece, and to become a Manchester United legend.

if that's not enough for the lad, he IS better off leaving!

look at Ryan Giggs, a legend in his own lifetime, a well adjusted, private, family man, a record breaker, a Champion of England, a Champion of Europe.

then look at David Beckham...and where did it all go wrong for Becks? getting "too big for United".

i hope Ronaldo can see what's right in front of him, because i'd love him to stay, for his and our benefit.

but, if he wants to go, LET HIM GO.

Adebesi

Not that many people will care but Franco was a fascist dictator who had nothing whatsoever to do with slavery. That comment was about as relevant as Bush's tendency to talk about 9/11 and Iraq as if they were the same issue.
OK evidently that is not quite true - Franco apparently used prisoners of war as slave labour. It struck me as an odd comment on the part of SAF but it seems it is based in reality.

Though I stand by my other observation about Hargreaves.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
your entitled to your opinion..

Chris H

Video Posting God
I ignored it for a while, but now I feel Ronaldo is being just a little too cute, a little too coy with his comments. If he were a less talented player, we would all be telling him to feck right off, see if we care (see Heinze, Gabriel). It may or may not be a simple negotiating tactic to get a raise this summer, but if so it's a dangerous game. Better wrap that deal up soon, because if you go on flirting with the cameras and the reporters...let's just say things could get ugly.

Fergie doesn't appreciate it, but of course he can't say that in the press. It's massively disrespectful to the club to be dropping hints and talking out both sides of his mouth about a possible move the day after we've completed a momentous double. When our previous first-choice players went to Madrid (Beckham, Ruud), it was seen by most, including the players, as a step up to a bigger more prestigious club. This is no longer the case - Real have been knocked out of the CL in the first knockout round 4 years running, and although tehy won the league this year, the league was as weak as it's ever been. If he does want to go, it's for either the money or the lifestyle - neither of which are primary motivations that go down well with Alex Ferguson.

The next time there's a camera in front of Ronaldo's face and he decides to answer questions about Madrid - by the way, has it ever occurred to him that he could politely decline, lest he encourage more speculation? - I would like to see something definitive about him staying. If not....I will be most displeased, but more importantly, I think it will definitely be cause for concern, an escalation of this flirtatious mischief that he's been up to lately. Stop playing hard to get, prick. I doubt you'd find things to be sunnier in Madrid, with the obvious exception of the climate.

Gazza

This angling for a better contract line that people are forever putting out, even if that be the case you think that it is justification?

I mean are you suggesting taht he will end up poor for nto saying anything? Surely not.

He'll get a good deal whatever, and this club has been good to him and he in return, it is a fine fit for both. So why the hell not say yeah i'm staying now. It has dragged on a tad as well.

Just seems shabby to me, maybe there is of his agent in all this but that can't be all of it.

We as supporters and the club deserve a little more respect i believe, and Ronnie remember how this reflects on him too.
It's just standard negotiating for the best deal he can get. Wes Brown did it, Ferdinand did it, Roy Keane even did it. The only problem is the media trying to manufacture a bit of controversy to drag this 'story' out and get more coverage. Journalists are sticking microphones in his face all time asking him relentless questions - let's not forget he's a young guy whose first language isn't English.

Give him a break.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
saw Fergie and Ronaldo coming down the steps after the Trophy presentation...they have a great relationship...the lads staying for many years...

why? cause there is no greater football club...any other club...and he is taking a step down...

but I will have doubts once SAF leaves.....

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Ronaldo would be stupid to say he would stay at United forever and he would not welcome any offers....remember he is paid by the Glazers...although he plays for Manchester United.....and this is all about contract negotiations....
the lad is entitled to get as much as he can on his contract....

Real will try their best....why would they not want to buy the best player in the world....

the key is Fergie wants him to stay, the supporters want him to stay...and most importantly...I very much believe Ronaldo wants to stay...

someone who is all about money would not have been as emotional as he was at the end when we won....the lad cares about Manchester United and his team mates and about the supporters...

Believe!!

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I have a feeling he's off. Won everything there is to win and his heart's probably not in it. Fergie will have an important decision to make this summer.
Stop. Reading. The. Papers.

Their job is to sell papers. Ronaldo is big news. Can you see the connection there?

The player and the club have both said that he is staying. Why isn't that good enough?

Adebesi

Stop. Reading. The. Papers.

Their job is to sell papers. Ronaldo is big news. Can you see the connection there?

The player and the club have both said that he is staying. Why isn't that good enough?
To be fair, because that is what they always say. Remember Becks? United FC is no more trustworthy than the media when it comes to accuracy of information. Everyone has a PR agenda. And Ronaldo has never been unequivocal.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
To be fair, because that is what they always say. Remember Becks? United FC is no more trustworthy than the media when it comes to accuracy of information. Everyone has a PR agenda. And Ronaldo has never been unequivocal.
What does page ranking mean?

We wanted to sell Beckham, we obviously don't want to see Ronaldo. United historically are superb at keeping the players they want to keep. I've seen nothing to suspect this will change this summer

Gazza

To be fair, because that is what they always say. Remember Becks? United FC is no more trustworthy than the media when it comes to accuracy of information. Everyone has a Page Ranking agenda. And Ronaldo has never been unequivocal.

The difference with Becks was we wanted rid and had to keep quiet about it to get the best deal (although we didn't in the end!). Fergie and the club want to keep Ronaldo and he has 3 years left on his deal. Big difference.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Well you cant blame people when Ronaldo comes out with comments like he has.
I heard him say he was staying. From his own lips live on TV. Means a hell of a lot more than any quotes I've seen passed around in the papers. Some of them I have seen are over a year old.

Gazza

What does page ranking mean?

We wanted to sell Beckham, we obviously don't want to see Ronaldo. United historically are superb at keeping the players they want to keep. I've seen nothing to suspect this will change this summer

Page Ranking = P.R.

Forum glitch

Adebesi

Bilbo - if you write the abbreviation of public relations it changes it to page ranking - i have no idea why.

Bilbo and Gazza - I take your point this is a different situation but I still dont believe a word that comes out of the United press office because it is always going to be about protecting value / maximising sale prices or whatever, not the truth. But like you say, we want to keep hold of Ron. So we'll see if we can.

ronnie dazzler

I think the problem is with his English. What he appears to be trying to say is "I will be staying at Manchester United for some time, but I can't say what the long-term future will be and I will make no promises on that."

Nothing to see here.
read something today that suggested Ronaldo will sign a new contract in the next week or 2. Think ronnie is simply angling for as much cash as possible. Put an element f fear into them an see what that does to talks. I rekon we'll now soon enough

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Bilbo - if you write the abbreviation of public relations it changes it to page ranking - i have no idea why.

Bilbo and Gazza - I take your point this is a different situation but I still dont believe a word that comes out of the United press office because it is always going to be about protecting value / maximising sale prices or whatever, not the truth. But like you say, we want to keep hold of Ron. So we'll see if we can.
He said himself that he was staying though. I don't understand why that isn't enough? He'd be the silliest bugger in world football if he left this squad now.

REd FUn DevIl

Where is the thread about what fergie said?

There is an article on the official site where he said no matter what Ronnie is staying.

This is just getting feckin ridiculous with real Madrid. They are whoring themselves and have no self respect for themselves.

Where is their pride? ffs.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Real have club car waiting for Ronaldo: Real Madrid's enthusiasm to land Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo is such that they even have a club car ready and waiting for the Portugal star, Marca sports daily reported on Saturday.

"Is that the definitive proof?" asked Marca, headlining a photograph showing a brand new top of the range Audi, along with a handwritten notice on the dashboard bearing the legend: "deliver to Cristiano Ronaldo".

Another notice includes the words "sponsorship Madrid," implying the motor is destined for the club, with which it has a sponsorship agreement.

According to Marca, the vehicle is in an Audi parking lot in Spain.

There has been feverish speculation for weeks in the Spanish capital that Ronaldo, having now led United to the Premiership and Champions League double, will quit Old Trafford for the Bernabeu although he has four years left on his existing contract.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson on Friday launched a stinging attack on Real, accusing the Spanish champions of 'lacking morals' in their attempts to lure Ronaldo.

The Manchester United manager is furious at statements made by Real coach Bernd Schuster and president Ramon Calderon questioning whether Ronaldo really wants to stay at Old Trafford and accused them of attempting to unsettle his player.

"The simple facts are that he is with us and has four years left on his contract and that's the first thing. And Calderon makes that great statement 'slavery was abolished many, many years ago'. Did he tell Franco that? Jesus Christ, give me a break.

"Do you not think we've not had many interests from the big clubs in Europe about our best players? Of course. But they don't get into the nonsense that they (Real Madrid) get into. And they've no moral issues at all. They think that they can ride roughshod over everyone but they won't do it with us."

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fblspaengporronaldo&prov=afp&type=lgns

Rahul

fecking report these cnuts to Fifa United. He's contracted with the club. Surely this kind of bullying tactics aren't allowed

Name Changed

weso26
United should report them to FIFA. It has gone far enough. He is not a Madrid player yet he has a club car. This is a load of bollox and United should do something about it.

Doevle

Fergie aware of Ronaldo task

Sir Alex Ferguson feels winning more UEFA Champions League titles will be key to keeping Cristiano Ronaldo in the long term.

Ronaldo's future is once again a hot topic for debate with Real Madrid tipped to launch a world record bid for the Manchester United winger this summer.

United boss Ferguson criticised Real's underhand tactics on Friday, but stressed his confidence that Ronaldo will still be at Old Trafford next season.

However, Ferguson has acknowledged that, two or three years down the line, United may face a greater challenge to hang on to the 23-year-old.

Following the midweek Champions League win over Chelsea, Ferguson hopes further European successes will persuade Ronaldo to stay with the club.

Big decision

"He's 23 years of age and I think that when he gets to 25, 26, he will have a big decision to make then," said Ferguson in The Sun.

"That will be the biggest task when he gets to that age.

"How big we are then, in terms of European championships, that will resonate with him and be very, very important to this club.

"That's why I make the point of winning European trophies - we've got to do better at that. And we have got the structure here."
SkySports.

I agree with what Ferguson says in this article. Ronaldo is always seeking new challenges, and the only way to postpone his move to Spain is keep winning important trophies - most importantly the Champions League.

Tibs

Marca are cnuts, they print whatever Madrid say to them.

I hope we play Madrid next year in the CL at some point and hammer them home and away

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Ronaldo: I've signed nothing

Cristiano Ronaldo continues to play a straight bat to questioning over his Manchester United future, but has categorically denied that an agreement is in place over a move to Real Madrid.

Even triumphing in the Champions League has failed to dampen speculation that Ronaldo will up sticks this summer, with Madrid openly stating their intention to launch an all-out assault to lure the player away from Old Trafford at some point.

Money appears to be no object for Los Merengues and Ronaldo has done very little to rule out a move to the Spanish capital.

He has now restated the timeline he set following victory in Moscow, but his latest comments will not have done anything to appease United supporters who are expecting some serious nail-biting in weeks to come.

"My dream is to play in the Real Madrid," he told Portuguese television. “I have dreams to play in Madrid. You also have dreams, no? Then I have this one.

“I have a contract with Manchester United and is with my club with that I am going to speak.

“It can have new features in next the two weeks, but I do not have anything signed with Real Madrid.”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/24/Prem-Ronaldo-on-Madrid/

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
What nonsense was tht...ronaldo should shut his mouth...the media are gonna twist his every words...so for the sake of himself he better shut his mouth

He should know we are MANCHESTER UNITED,not a second rate club,he can't have it own ways.it will be utd and fergie tht will be decide his future not him..

Status
Not open for further replies.