All ticket/travel information thread - 2009/10: Touting will not be tolerated

Jaap

No, because following this game we have a game on either the Tuesday or the Wednesday.

If we play Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday, that's fine. If it's Tuesday, Saturday, Wednesday, that's still fine.

Can't see it being moved.
Ah, thanks, you're right, esmufc10!

Did not realise that the 2nd leg was only a week after the first match.

ralphie88

Thanks Boothy.

Bit worried about getting there and being turned away. Do they check OAP tickets to check that the holder is actually an OAP?

I've 4 grey hairs if that helps:cool:
Very very rarely. Even then I think you'd get the chance to upgrade them at the ticket office if you pleaded ignorance. We've never been turned away and have used OAP tickets for the last 20 years.

ralphie88

I would have thought that would be illegal, surely they must let you know how much a ticket is going to cost before they charge you for it?
It was illegal because they didn't make it clear. One of the outcomes of MUST's OFT case was that the club was forced to details how much it would cost before any STs were purchased.

ralphie88

Fair enough. How much do you reckon it'll be with the touts outside? I should probably wait for the game to start right? And also, any particular areas outside the ground where you're more likely to come across touts?
Ticket prices will be steep. Best bet is to wait till the last minute. Also expect to pay a premium if you look/sound foreign (the touts will assume you've travelled a long way for the match and are desperate), so might be helpful to find a helpful Manc to assist with the transaction. Expect to pay between £150 and £300.

shaydun

Very very rarely. Even then I think you'd get the chance to upgrade them at the ticket office if you pleaded ignorance. We've never been turned away and have used OAP tickets for the last 20 years.
Great, thanks Ralphie. You've convinced me!

Actually, now that I'm finally able to afford a season ticket, - should I get an OAP one if it is relatively easy to get away with?

ralphie88

Actually, now that I'm finally able to afford a season ticket, - should I get an OAP one if it is relatively easy to get away with?
It's been a great scam for a few of us. But the club do appear to be cracking down on it a bit this season. We have seen people turned away for the first time. Again, you could try it and if it's becoming a problem, ask for an upgrade. I don't think STs are going to be hard to come by next season, even if there's no boycott.

beller2000

i have a spare for liverpool on sunday (north stand tier 1 upper on half way line). looking for a swap for chelsea. any takers?

Magic United

I now have a pair for Bolton away and a single for Chelsea at home and I am looking to swap for a pair for Chelsea at home

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Ah feck.

Had a Liverpool sorted but it's fallen through.

Any spares drop me a PM.

Cheers.

Maltese Manc

A Very Weasteful poster
Dunno if its of any use to you heap but theres a group on facebook where fans buy and sell tickets. There still seem to be available but at what prices I do not know as they quote prices through your Inbox. Maybe worth a try ...?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Dunno if its of any use to you heap but theres a group on facebook where fans buy and sell tickets. There still seem to be available but at what prices I do not know as they quote prices through your Inbox. Maybe worth a try ...?
Full of cnuts with a few twats also in there amongst some cocks and nobheads.

Cheers though :)

Maltese Manc

A Very Weasteful poster
:QUOTE=Utd heap;7746790]Full of cnuts with a few twats also in there amongst some cocks and nobheads.

Cheers though :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. There are tickets definitely available but definitely not for face value. What can you do eh :mad:

shaydun

It's been a great scam for a few of us. But the club do appear to be cracking down on it a bit this season. We have seen people turned away for the first time. Again, you could try it and if it's becoming a problem, ask for an upgrade. I don't think STs are going to be hard to come by next season, even if there's no boycott.
Alright thanks. Think I'll try it. At least if I go the OAP route, I'll be giving as little as possible to the Glazers.

Moultz

really wanting Bayern Away tickets. Havent been to a euro away in ages. Ive missed the bloody sign up date though for MU Travel Club.

SHIT! No doubt that will affect my application as well if we get to Madrid

shaydun

Need two for Bayern at home if anyone is selling.

Also, how risky is it to sit with the home fans in Munich? I may be able to get a ticket for the game in Munich but it will be in the Bayern end. :nervous:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
One ticket for North Stand Tier 3 Block N4406 row 19 on Sunday if anyones looking one.

Rob Bowman

I live in Stuttgart and really want a ticket for the Bayern away 30th Mar. If anyone has a spare for sale would be very grateful. Thanks!!

beller2000

Having had no success in my quest to swap my liverpool ticket for a chelsea ticket, i am now offering a pair for Bayern Munich (one adult & one kids tkt in
family stand) for anything for Chelsea.

Give me a shout if interested.

Ill get this Chelsea ticket if it kills me!!!