All ticket/travel information thread - 2010/11: Touting will not be tolerated

AgainstAllOdds

Starkie, I'll swap with you when I get Elvis' tickets or when I'll be successful in the ballot. That way ciderman can hear anti-Glazer songs on TV. :D

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I'm traveling to Old Trafford from down south to watch the Liverpool game. Never been to Manchester by train before.

What's the main station I should go to, Piccadilly? Then get the train from there to Old Trafford? How often do they run and how long before kick-off would people recommend arriving at Piccadilly? Thanks.
Get into Manc Pic, then either get the football train (they run from platform 13 or 14 every 30 mins) or get on the metrolink, which is just downstairs in Pic Station.

Get either the Altrincham line and get off at Old Trafford or get the Eccles line and get off at Exchange Quay. It will be a 5-10 min walk from either stop.

AgainstAllOdds

Why do you need the memberships. Games is sold out. People applied in the ballot haven't gone in the second one yet.

You need it for viagogo?

Tibs

A mate is after 2 or 3 tickets for the Rangers game...can anybody help him?

Ingham

may as well ask again, if any here's of a spare for Bolton or Sunderland or Scunthorpe away that would be great

Bread

Will my expired passport allow me to register for the european travel club just so i am registered and can then change the number when i get a new one? Expired at end of may

I'm always right

Balls, suppose if necessary i can always take old one as well to proove it mathes that number so it is still me
ha, they don't care about that Bread I promise you. I swapped and mixed tickets to both Munich and Milan, that passport number means pretty much naff all.

Ingham

Purely out of curiosity - why those 3 slightly random games?
well I wasn't expecting many people to have spares for Everton so tried Bolton knowing tickets are generally easier to find in my experience for them.

Scunthorpe would be a good cup game where more decent reds would make the trip down, expecting a decent cup atmosphere there like at crewe in the past.

And Sunderland because I have the weekend off and having checked on national rail could get a return for £15 if I book within the next 5 days

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Haha ok.

I think Scunthorpe tickets will be hard to come by - we've only got about 1,800 ticks.

Ingham

Haha ok.

I think Scunthorpe tickets will be hard to come by - we've only got about 1,800 ticks.
aye hence the slightly negative tone in my question, going to be like goldust unless I get a bit of luck (which never happens)

still in two minds about sunderland, was tempted to travel on the day and look for a spare (a lot saying its worth the time and effort these days), unfortunately I'd have to get a 4.55am train from uni which would arrive at Sunderland for 12, giving me enough time to find a united pub and ask for any spares. Either that or come home and get a 4hr train to sunderland at 9am

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
aye hence the slightly negative tone in my question, going to be like goldust unless I get a bit of luck (which never happens)

still in two minds about sunderland, was tempted to travel on the day and look for a spare (a lot saying its worth the time and effort these days), unfortunately I'd have to get a 4.55am train from uni which would arrive at Sunderland for 12, giving me enough time to find a united pub and ask for any spares. Either that or come home and get a 4hr train to sunderland at 9am
Where the feck is your uni?!

Ingham

to anyone who's been before, is it worth travelling to Everton ticketless via train and trying for a spare before the game outside the ground or in a pub?

AgainstAllOdds

So another game doesn't sell out...

--------

Did anyone get allocated in the North or South Stand for Rangers (except NT3 and corners) and wants to swap for east stand? I'll obviously pay the difference.

Ingham

to anyone who's been before, is it worth travelling to Everton ticketless via train and trying for a spare before the game outside the ground or in a pub?
anyone got an answer?

Some lads I know have said its not the best game to try going down ticketless for, especially in case you can't get a ticket and people work out you're United, others have said its relatively easy in the past couple of seasons to find spares outside the ground or in the pub

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
anyone got an answer?

Some lads I know have said its not the best game to try going down ticketless for, especially in case you can't get a ticket and people work out you're United, others have said its relatively easy in the past couple of seasons to find spares outside the ground or in the pub
Not sure about Goodison mate, I've only been when really young and I'm not sure on our allocation for it (just over 2,000 ish I guess). I managed to get Villa, City (CC Semi) and Brum away all on the day last year so its all down to luck in who you ask and get chatting to.....

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah I'm doing Liverpool too. Erm I did but I decided against it in the end as I couldn't really afford it. May wait until the Knockout stages and do one then. We'll see, we'll see.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Yeah I'm doing Liverpool too. Erm I did but I decided against it in the end as I couldn't really afford it. May wait until the Knockout stages and do one then. We'll see, we'll see.
I'm trying to do as many as possible before Christmas, going to be pretty hard to do a euro away when I become another yank based caftard!

I'll get the bakery lad to sort out plans for Liverpool.... :nervous:

Neo_Mufc

Guys, What's the chances of getting a euro away ticket in the knock outs say last 16?

I would try and do one now in the group stages but I don't have the money and would rather save and turn it into a mini holiday and do a game as well which I haven't.

Cole9

Cheers for the travel tips everyone. Will be getting the train into Piccadilly and then most likely the metrolink.

Bring on the scousers!

Neo_Mufc

What is it with viagogo, do people actually sit there 24/7 refreshing?