All ticket/travel information thread - 2012/13 -Touting will not be tolerated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

"Laughable"... really?

Not one single weekend game this season in the Premier League has gone to general sale. Compare that to last season and the season before that when every single home PL game barring City, Chelsea and Liverpool went to general sale. feck, 2 years ago Arsenal went on general sale.

Every single PL weekend game this season has been sold out at member point at least one month in advance on the game, I mean, just see Norwich now, and Reading will soon be the same. For the past 2 seasons you could buy tickets on general sale for most games right up until a couple of days before the game.

So yes, it is much harder getting tickets this year than it was 2 seasons ago. I never said it was "hard to get tickets", you made that up yourself. Buy a membership and purchase a ticket early and it's easy for 90% of matches, no doubt.

Stick to stuff you know something about pal.
Have noticed it's been much harder to get tickets this year, some mates really struggled with brom at home and are struggling with Everton now.

Why you reckon it is?

I'm always right

Have noticed it's been much harder to get tickets this year, some mates really struggled with brom at home and are struggling with Everton now.

Why you reckon it is?
WBA was an absolute nightmare, I had some mates going over from Sweden that I promised to sort, big group of them though, I managed to get them 4 tickets but they had to buy another 4 from touts for 140 quid each, that's how tough that game got by the end, mad!

Not sure what it is? our shiny new striker maybe? Who knows, but it is certainly tougher, no doubt.

PatrickP

I am driving down to Fulham on Saturday from Manchester.

If anyone wants to jump in and split petrol with me then PM me. Also looking for a spare for my mate in the car. I will waive your petrol fee if you can help

hp88

WBA was an absolute nightmare, I had some mates going over from Sweden that I promised to sort, big group of them though, I managed to get them 4 tickets but they had to buy another 4 from touts for 140 quid each, that's how tough that game got by the end, mad!

Not sure what it is? our shiny new striker maybe? Who knows, but it is certainly tougher, no doubt.
That's crazy money for WBA. Never knew you wanted more tickets for that game, gave two tickets to your mate but I had three that went unused.

I'm always right

That's crazy money for WBA. Never knew you wanted more tickets for that game, gave two tickets to your mate but I had three that went unused.
serious? feck me, ah well, it wasn't my money at least :)

I spoke to tonnes of people who are usually great for tickets but no-one had anything. They chatted to a load of touts too and 140 was the best they could get, madness I know.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
By the way, how long in advance do tickets go on sale for members? Next season I want to take my brother as a birthday present, but coming from France, I'd need to organize a bit in advance. For non-members, it's a bit of a last-minute job, which is a problem with the prices of the flights especially.

I'm always right

By the way, how long in advance do tickets go on sale for members? Next season I want to take my brother as a birthday present, but coming from France, I'd need to organize a bit in advance. For non-members, it's a bit of a last-minute job, which is a problem with the prices of the flights especially.
As I said earlier, non-members is pretty much a no-go now.

The open member sale starts straight after the ballot which is usually 7 weeks or so before the match.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
West Brom was mad. Rang the ticket office about 20 times and they had nothing. They put it down to "holiday season", but generally even bigger games you have a decent chance of returns, they had nothing for that one!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
As I said earlier, non-members is pretty much a no-go now.

The open member sale starts straight after the ballot which is usually 7 weeks or so before the match.
Yeah I managed to get 4 as a non-member on Saturday but it was FA Cup, Premier League seems impossible. And for the trip I'm planning for my brother, it'll be Premier League I think.

Thanks for the info, I'll get a couple of memberships during the summer then, the money spent on them will help me get the plane tickets down by 50% by being able to book in advance. Cheers!

I'm always right

West Brom was mad. Rang the ticket office about 20 times and they had nothing. They put it down to "holiday season", but generally even bigger games you have a decent chance of returns, they had nothing for that one!
Yeah I did exactly the same, I've rang for returns for City, Liverpool etc in the past and always got returns through perseverance, but WBA at home.... nish pish!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I did exactly the same, I've rang for returns for City, Liverpool etc in the past and always got returns through perseverance, but WBA at home.... nish pish!

At first your news that season tickets are finished disappointed me, but looking at it now it's a bit of a relief, as I wasn't looking forward to potentially 11 trips up there in 2 1/2months!

I guess it's luck of the draw in the Madrid ballot now, and then hounding the ticket office for the vain hope of returns!
And if any league games come up for members be on them early!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thank goodness the Season ticket plan didn't come off. That Monday night FA cup game would have wrecked it by game 1!!

awful time slot.

hp88

Glad that we will have an extra day to recover from Madrid but Reading on a Monday night is going to be shit.

Gazza

Many thanks to Sultan who sorted me a ticket last night. A pleasure to meet you Sultan :)

I'm looking for 3 together for Everton. I'm not that optimistic/foolish but if there's a chance (and particular in the Stretty) drop me a PM

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Many thanks to Sultan who sorted me a ticket last night. A pleasure to meet you Sultan :)

I'm looking for 3 together for Everton. I'm not that optimistic/foolish but if there's a chance (and particular in the Stretty) drop me a PM
Welcome!

Did you not talk to my sons about these tickets?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Any spares going for next weekend against Everton? I'm looking for two together, preferably in the Stretty, but will probably take anything as I know there's not going to be many floating about.

Cheers, fellas.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Chubbed for QPR, not successful in a single fecking ballot all season so far.

hp88

Chubbed for QPR, not successful in a single fecking ballot all season so far.
How are you applying ? Single or joint ? To be honest mate it's one away you could do without, just paid £110 for my pair.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
How are you applying ? Single or joint ? To be honest mate it's one away you could do without, just paid £110 for my pair.
Single my lad isn't eligible now due to adult upgrade for late game.

K Stand Knut

Can't wait for the green smilies in return to this but I've got two Reading FA Cup tickets. Face value. PM if interested

PatrickP

I got chubbed for QPR too.

Do United have to give a certain amount to concessions. I have a couple of mates who are 18-20 and this is their first season. They have both been successful for 3 tickets each this seaso. Excluding CL I have only been successful for Chelsea in the cup. Got returns from TO for Newcastle and Norwich though.

99 red balloons

Got two spare for QPR away.

Available if purchased with one adult one senior (£60) for Reading at home, or in exchange for a pair of paper tickets for Madrid at home - plus/minus any difference so it's all FV. QPR tickets were £113 for the pair.

Note, the tickets are not for sale - sorry!

Edit: Gone.

Gazza

Got two spare for QPR away.

Available if purchased with one adult one senior (£60) for Reading at home, or in exchange for a pair of paper tickets for Madrid at home - plus/minus any difference so it's all FV. QPR tickets were £113 for the pair.

Note, the tickets are not for sale - sorry!
PM sent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.