All ticket/travel information thread - 2015/16 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Disclaimer: Redcafe will not accept any responsibility or liability related to any transactions amongst it's members.

ForlansHair

Wondering if someone can help me with this.

I'm about to start a new job that will require a lot of travelling. What are the options for when I can't make it if I hold a season ticket? I don't really fancy mailing the card out or paying full price when, depending on business needs, I may only be able to use it anywhere from 50-75% of the time.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of how I could make it work or is in a similar situation?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Wondering if someone can help me with this.

I'm about to start a new job that will require a lot of travelling. What are the options for when I can't make it if I hold a season ticket? I don't really fancy mailing the card out or paying full price when, depending on business needs, I may only be able to use it anywhere from 50-75% of the time.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of how I could make it work or is in a similar situation?
well thats exactly what this thread is for, selling on your spares. There are also Facebook and Twitter groups for that.

ForlansHair

well thats exactly what this thread is for, selling on your spares. There are also Facebook and Twitter groups for that.
Yep I get that. I'm more interested in how it works.

As I've never had to do it before, do I give them the card? I could be out of the country for a month, I don't really want my card being posted around from person to person.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

As I've never had to do it before, do I give them the card? I could be out of the country for a month, I don't really want my card being posted around from person to person.
Ye you have to give the card - best done in person but people do it by post as well. Some will charge a deposit which is returned when they get the card back.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..

You can also nominate a specific person to collect a paper ticket from the ticket office but have to pay a £5 charge for this per ticket.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

It's just about putting together a trusted band of people, and arranging between them.

I manage mine from High Wycombe, 180miles away, and I've done only gone to 9/25 and 8/21 games the last two years, selling the rest on without too much drama.

The only times it got "hairy" and I couldn't arrange with any of my work/local pals, I either posted on here and arranged with someone, or sold on one of those "items for sale" pages on facebook.
Like the guy above says, until you're sure on someone, just charge say a £20/30 deposit (I think holding fee is more the phrase, as a deposit is generally out of the overall sum :lol:), then if worst comes to worst, and they lose it/refuse to get it back to you, you cover the fee for getting that one cancelled and a new one issues (£15 a season ticket they quote....)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So what's the verdict - are you getting one? I heard they had quite a few available over the weekend but most have been taken now.
Funny how it goes with season tickets isn't it.
Last year they sold out super quick
Year before, I think I managed to get 2 with a nice central view on 15th August looking back!

That season we got to the champs league semis v Schalke, I managed to get some "short term" season tickets, ie last 6 games or so in about March! That wasn't bad. Got 2x Chelsea games, Schalke in the semi, and the Blackpool win with all the celebrations! Lucked out that season

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Funny how it goes with season tickets isn't it.
Last year they sold out super quick
Year before, I think I managed to get 2 with a nice central view on 15th August looking back!

That season we got to the champs league semis v Schalke, I managed to get some "short term" season tickets, ie last 6 games or so in about March! That wasn't bad. Got 2x Chelsea games, Schalke in the semi, and the Blackpool win with all the celebrations! Lucked out that season
The difference between Moyes and LvG highlighted right there! :lol:

Also:

2015/16 Season Tickets sell out in record time
Manchester United's 2015/16 Season Tickets have sold out in record time as anticipation builds for the new campaign already.

Louis van Gaal believes fans at Old Trafford played a key role in United's form in 2014/15 – the 14 wins on home turf was a record bettered only by champions Chelsea.

That support will be essential again next term as van Gaal ups the ante once more. "I'll give everything to build a team as champions," he says. "I want to win titles for the fans." And with United having secured a top-four finish and a place in the Champions League Play-Off round, supporters are clearly excited about what 2015/16 has in store.

Group managing director, Richard Arnold, is delighted with how quickly Season Tickets were snapped up, saying: “This year's sell-out has been achieved in record time. Demand has been as high as ever, and supporters have responded positively to the move to put Season Tickets on sale earlier than in previous years, and have benefitted from the fifth price freeze in the last six seasons.

"For those fans interested in hospitality, there is a multi-year waiting list for Executive Boxes, however, there are still a few seasonal hospitality seats available in suites, which is now the only way to guarantee watching every home game. For any supporters wanting to attend a single game – but to do so in fine style – there are also matchday VIP Experience packages which are on sale now.

"We are privileged to have the most loyal fans in the country. They make Old Trafford the unmissable experience that it is and I am sure they will make next season even more passionate and memorable than the one just gone."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...x?newsid=B0A81846-4A94-4E9F-9F0D-EA9302B93468

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
wow, that's quite impressive to sell out by the end of May!

When I first bought mine the reaction from everyone at work was "how on earth did you get them".
Good to see that's more of a valid question these days!

ForlansHair

Just a FYI - The club have confirmed that all match tickets for the Premier League (except Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and City which will be balloted) are going on sale on 18th June to members (day after fixtures are released).

Same as last year where quite a few were caught out as they didn't usually do this (used to release a lot nearer the time of the match).

Scholes.92

Just joined the season ticket waiting list for 2016/17. Little bit annoyed as for the last few years I've had leaflets through my door asking me to buy them in July and even later and this is the first year I can afford one :(

"2014/15 Official Members who renew by Monday 15th June will receive an exclusive window to buy tickets."

I read that on the official site though and wondered does any one think there is a chance some people won't renew and there may be some STs available? I'm mainly looking for 2 in stretford end as I have a friend who wants one too, but i'm not expecting to be able to get two together but that would be great.

Any help from anyone with experience would be hugely appreciated:)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just joined the season ticket waiting list for 2016/17. Little bit annoyed as for the last few years I've had leaflets through my door asking me to buy them in July and even later and this is the first year I can afford one :(

"2014/15 Official Members who renew by Monday 15th June will receive an exclusive window to buy tickets."

I read that on the official site though and wondered does any one think there is a chance some people won't renew and there may be some STs available? I'm mainly looking for 2 in stretford end as I have a friend who wants one too, but i'm not expecting to be able to get two together but that would be great.

Any help from anyone with experience would be hugely appreciated:)
would have thought their comment on season tickets being sold out, included the deadline to renew, and selling any non renewers tickets on..im afraid.
Always worth a call up though,...

but probably isn't too much worse, being an official member, and just buying a tonne of games up as soon as they're available..

Scholes.92

would have thought their comment on season tickets being sold out, included the deadline to renew, and selling any non renewers tickets on..im afraid.
Always worth a call up though,...

but probably isn't too much worse, being an official member, and just buying a tonne of games up as soon as they're available..
expected someone to say that but i'll give it a go, thanks for your help :)

go many games yourself? If so whats the availability of getting 2 together in the Stretford End? Im obviously expecting it to be impossibly for the big 4 games.

hp88

go many games yourself? If so whats the availability of getting 2 together in the Stretford End? Im obviously expecting it to be impossibly for the big 4 games.
I have got to work two weekends a month this season so there's a good chance I'm going to miss a few games, send me a message closer to the game.

Scholes.92

I have got to work two weekends a month this season so there's a good chance I'm going to miss a few games, send me a message closer to the game.
I don't log in that often although I do browse a lot more, I'll most probably end up forgetting about this but if you post in this thread close to any of the games that you'll miss then i'll most probably read it and will message you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Last 2 years I've had season tickets outright, but in the East.
From my "One united" membership days, I'm not even sure the Stretty ever came up. Seem to recall it was mostly East 2, N3 and some quadrant action.

Ixion

I recieved an email earlier saying renewed One United members have an exclusive window to buy tickets for this season from 9:30am on Wednesday, so a day extra to buy tickets? Need to renew before midnight tonight though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
pending the fixtures being out tomorrow, does anyone know how quickly tv games will be decided for August/Sep?

It's obviously one thing mapping my Wycombe boys games in League 2, as at most 1/2 of the 46 will change, but United, as we all know could see every game moved for 2months, so the earliest fixtures released are only quite useful!

hp88

pending the fixtures being out tomorrow, does anyone know how quickly tv games will be decided for August/Sep?

It's obviously one thing mapping my Wycombe boys games in League 2, as at most 1/2 of the 46 will change, but United, as we all know could see every game moved for 2months, so the earliest fixtures released are only quite useful!
Fixtures will probably be rearranged again after the Champions League draw so wouldn't bother planning anything yet.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fixtures will probably be rearranged again after the Champions League draw so wouldn't bother planning anything yet.
good point...I want to try the trip up from the south on train at least once this year.
But for it to make any sense money or time wise it'd have to be a book up immediately job!

JB7

Ticket office is fecked. Online won't let you buy tickets for any membership other than your own even if they're linked to your account - meaning you have to buy one ticket at a time, and it's impossible to get through over the phone as it just cuts you off straight away.

Ixion

Yeah I'm having the same problems. Waited in the queue for ages and then doesn't even work.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
It is worth it getting an offical membership when living abroad? It's mainly to try and get tickets for the big games.

JB7

It is worth it getting an offical membership when living abroad? It's mainly to try and get tickets for the big games.
Yes, you will need a membership to apply for tickets to the big 4 home games.
When do the tickets against arsenal,chelsea city and pool go on sale for members?
The ballots usually open around a month before the game.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
yeah I know, but at the same time I will only manage to watch like 1-3 games max as Ryanair doesn't fly to Liverpool from Stockholm anymore. might still be worth it, it's like £31.

vanrooney

The ballots usually open around a month before the game.
For members that renewed their membership til monday its possible to buy tickets for other games since today. I thought the tickets for arsenal etc can be bought on Friday (when all other members have access)

vanrooney

yeah I know, but at the same time I will only manage to watch like 1-3 games max as Ryanair doesn't fly to Liverpool from Stockholm anymore. might still be worth it, it's like £31.
its worth it though - even when only going for one game

JB7

For members that renewed their membership til monday its possible to buy tickets for other games since today. I thought the tickets for arsenal etc can be bought on Friday (when all other members have access)
Nope. Just the other 15 games over the season, there is still a proper ballot system in place for the big 4 matches.

Sylar

Waiting almost an hour and the progress bar is still loading :lol: :(

JB7

Finally managed to get it to add 2 tickets to the basket for the Spurs game and it times out. :lol:

Ixion

I've managed to get tickets for Spurs and Swansea but its taken 2 hours and a lot of hassle. It seems random which sections it will let me get tickets for even when they are green and have plenty of seasts. Assigning other members to other tickets seems broken half the time as well. It's almost like releasing a seasons worth of seats all at once is a stupid idea.

JB7

Been on hold to the ticket office for 74 minutes and counting too. Thankfully my colleagues are understanding United fans....

JB7

Still on hold. Going to cut off if it hits 2 hours.

Finally sorted tickets to the Spurs game online, having trouble getting anything for Bournemouth at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.