g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

All ticket/travel information thread - 2015/16 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Yeah they had under 100 and varying reports of people telling callers must be 10/10 only, then some 9s said they got. The third ballot is a new one on me.

I think United pulled a masterstroke in getting tickets back they had sold already (the one card for multiple apps fiasco) only to reveal last night there would be no collection after all and they will post out. So those who cancelled because they couldn't pick up were caught with their pants down.

The logic being if you were not willing to pick up your ticket in person at Wembley you never were going to go to Wembley in the first place. So they have to be applauded here I think as it is getting the tickets into the hands of those on 9 now.
Any idea if there are likely to be any more returns?

Riz

Scored a pair through a contact, absolutely buzzing now so Saturday can't come quick enough. Red Cafe meet up? :lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
nice to hear that some 9/10 getting sorted now - I assume that means all 10/10 are done now

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well done DWD, and thanks for the thought Next Season, but alas i'm a mere 6/10 pauper so no chance.

No idea why anyone would return their tickets! Perhaps it's more that their funds failed, so United took the tickets back?

If anyone does need to shift one at the last minute though, i'd be delighted to help you out! I'd supply the money, and plenty of witless chitchat :-)

Quick questions about season tickets in general if anyone has a second...i'm entering year 4 next year, so can apply for aways in theory...
  • If I opt in, can I apply in ballots from away game 1? Or do I have to have paid for a home cup game first? Ie Europa or league cup whatever comes first?
  • If I opt out, but then opt in for each game separately, does that count as full credits come the end of the season, qualifying for cup finals etc? Does the initial "Opt out" ruin chance of aways, even if I actually do end up buying each home Europa/league cup game?

SocccerNomics

Quick questions about season tickets in general if anyone has a second...i'm entering year 4 next year, so can apply for aways in theory...
  • If I opt in, can I apply in ballots from away game 1? Or do I have to have paid for a home cup game first? Ie Europa or league cup whatever comes first?
  • If I opt out, but then opt in for each game separately, does that count as full credits come the end of the season, qualifying for cup finals etc? Does the initial "Opt out" ruin chance of aways, even if I actually do end up buying each home Europa/league cup game?
Think I'm correct in saying...Application for aways is based on last season's opt in until the first home cup game of new season is paid for. If you opt out initially and don't opt in before home first cup game you are excluded from aways for the season.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Thanks for thinking of me. Got sorted on Tuesday and tickets arrived today. Excitement building!
Well done DWD, and thanks for the thought Next Season, but alas i'm a mere 6/10 pauper so no chance.

No idea why anyone would return their tickets! Perhaps it's more that their funds failed, so United took the tickets back?

If anyone does need to shift one at the last minute though, i'd be delighted to help you out! I'd supply the money, and plenty of witless chitchat :-)

You're welcome lads. As soon as I heard the news I came in here and trawled back a few pages and tried to spot those who had just missed out so I could tag you all - sorry if I missed anyone but had to be quick obviously. Glad it paid off for one of you at least.

I've always wondered why people return away/final tickets as well considering how valuable they are. I believe if payment fails, they contact you for another payment method so I don't think it's that. I would guess it's people that get them, realise they can't go and don't really have a network of people to shift them to so they just send them back.

And if memory serves, I second SocccerNomics' response to the last past of your question, Sandikan. If you fancy away games, my advice would be to bite the bullet and stay in the cup scheme to have a chance as well as any potential finals. I bet now, in hindsight, you would pay those extra 4 home cup games to get yourself a final ticket.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good advice NS.

To be honest though, living 180miles away, I try and keep the potential risk with tickets down. If I had to deal with another say 4-8 midweek fixtures it could be difficult. Weekends, easy, dip into my 20 strong pool of people for the 1/2 to 2/3 of games I don't go to. (combined with a Wycombe season ticket!!)

Midweekers, only one firm work mate from Bury, but he takes 2-4 a season, and couldn't take the heat with tonnes of games!

A couple of games a season are tough work to shift, we're talking hassling tonne of people, facebook group posts etc, Palace was a nightmare! So I can only imagine what league cup fare v lower league teams is like!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Th incompetence of ticket office! I've not received any tickets through post. We'll now have to queue up at Wembley with ID's.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
feel for you Sultan...if it's too much i'll take them off your hands :lol:

Reading about some people getting scammed, paying £300-400 and the person not coming good with the tickets. Horrible stuff.

Sultan

feel for you Sultan...if it's too much i'll take them off your hands :lol:

Reading about some people getting scammed, paying £300-400 and the person not coming good with the tickets. Horrible stuff.
A couple of people not travelling who have tickets in their names. I'm not sure we'll be handed those tickets without the ticket holders. If they do, we'll have a few spares. There's no way I want to promise anyone tickets and then be let down.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A couple of people not travelling who have tickets in their names. I'm not sure we'll be handed those tickets without the ticket holders. If they do, we'll have a few spares. There's no way I want to promise anyone tickets and then be let down.
Is it a photo ID job, or just credit cards or something?

Did they pull out too late to return/get rid?

If you do end up with them, and there's enough time left for me to get there, do let old Sandikan know!

ta

saivet

Still not secured anything..if there are any very last minute singles or pairs then I can be of assistance.

Sultan

Is it a photo ID job, or just credit cards or something?

Did they pull out too late to return/get rid?

If you do end up with them, and there's enough time left for me to get there, do let old Sandikan know!

ta
Illness. The club failed to post tickets. Called yesterday and today and the reasoning they gave was "lost in post".

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Illness. The club failed to post tickets. Called yesterday and today and the reasoning they gave was "lost in post".
Are you taking the ID of the person(s) who aren't travelling? May be worth a shot. I'll be picking up tickets tomorrow myself so see you in the queue :)

Also @NextSeason is a legend!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't like the sound of that, in case they've fallen into the wrong hands.
Could there be a scenario where someone got into the ground on those tickets, or could the club/Wembley cancel them?

I remember a game where I had champions league semi tickets on cards. The cards failed, so they gave me paper tickets. The paper tickets then failed, and I ended up with a 3rd pair! (I'd takena girlfriend there, 3hour drive, and we spent about 40mins in ticket office queues...just about getting in to hear the champs league music....I made sure she saw it from the steps, while I missed it buying food, so I couldn't even see it on the tvs :-) )

I bet some dodgy types would have considered shifting 2 pairs, and rushing into the ground on the pair that did work, leaving a right old mess outside, while having ID and being legitimately in there themselves!

ps if you do end up with spares, do let old Sandikan know. We share exotic sounding foreign names :-)

Sultan

Don't like the sound of that, in case they've fallen into the wrong hands.
Could there be a scenario where someone got into the ground on those tickets, or could the club/Wembley cancel them?
That's a possibility.

mark_a

How does the tickets in people's names work? Mine hasn't got my name on it? (from ballot #2) !

hp88

How does the tickets in people's names work? Mine hasn't got my name on it? (from ballot #2) !
Don't think any of the tickets will have names on them, it's just the case of turning up at Wembley ticket office with photo ID and they will tick you off a list.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yes!!! 2 Gold Club Wembley tickets secured!!!

Off to Wem-ber-ley!!

Come on United!

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
This season ticket waiting list really is a myth. I phoned up today and got one. I wont be able to make every single home game as I have to work some weekends so those games will be shared in this thread if any caf member wants them

hp88

If anyone in W3103 is not renewing their ST let me know please as I know a couple of guys trying to move their seats to this block.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Were you on the waiting list and where did you get a seat?
I was on the waiting list but decided to call and ask and got it straight away. I got it in block E333, row 33 which i dont really fancy to be honest but its better than the other options which were available like the Quadrants and SAF tier 3.

I'm going to call again after the renewal deadline and try to get it moved and I'll be happy for a few rows down. I dont fancy the climb with a dodgy knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.