All ticket/travel information thread - 2015/16 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Missed out on second ballot and gutted/furious!

Applied with my brother (both with 10/10 credits) and reviewed email saying one applicant in group didn't have 10 credits. Looks like the ticket office are making it up as they go along! Checked bank statements and confirmed ive paid for both tickets for every game.

Anyone else in the same positon or have experience of similar administrative errors by the ticket office?
They sent out emails to everyone before the apps and it stated how many credits you had - did yours say 10?

Get on the phone ASAP tomorrow

DuncanEd

Missed out on second ballot and gutted/furious!

Applied with my brother (both with 10/10 credits) and reviewed email saying one applicant in group didn't have 10 credits. Looks like the ticket office are making it up as they go along! Checked bank statements and confirmed ive paid for both tickets for every game.

Anyone else in the same positon or have experience of similar administrative errors by the ticket office?
Ring up tomorrow and remove the one that is harming your application. You will then be on the priority list for the returns that come in. Do this first thing.

SocccerNomics

Ring up tomorrow and remove the one that is harming your application. You will then be on the priority list for the returns that come in. Do this first thing.
Yes, but it is their error. Both of us definitely have 10/10 credits and our application has been wrongly classed as 9/10 in both ballots. So instead of having a better than average chance of success, we've had zero hope.
Is there any chance they will make amends for the admin error and prioritise our application?
Thinking twice about season ticket renewals now...

DuncanEd

Yes, but it is their error. Both of us definitely have 10/10 credits and our application has been wrongly classed as 9/10 in both ballots. So instead of having a better than average chance of success, we've had zero hope.
Is there any chance they will make amends for the admin error and prioritise our application?
Thinking twice about season ticket renewals now...
Thats even worse!

Did you not make them aware after the first ballot you should be 10/10?

Ring the ticket office and explain you should have 10/10 and they should find the error and correct it. If it is their fault for the cock up on past form they would usually ear mark tickets for you from returns.

SocccerNomics

Thats even worse!

Did you not make them aware after the first ballot you should be 10/10?

Ring the ticket office and explain you should have 10/10 and they should find the error and correct it. If it is their fault for the cock up on past form they would usually ear mark tickets for you from returns.
The explanation that one of us wasn't 10/10 in their system only came with the second ballot. Spoke to ticket office this morning who have directed me on to 'the feedback@manutd.co.uk team' having established that it is their mistake. Also helps explain the 0% success with aways this season.

ashy7

The explanation that one of us wasn't 10/10 in their system only came with the second ballot. Spoke to ticket office this morning who have directed me on to 'the feedback@manutd.co.uk team' having established that it is their mistake. Also helps explain the 0% success with aways this season.
If you were less than 100% on home cup matches on their system, you wouldn't have even be able to put an application in for an away.

As someone mentioned above did you check the emails they sent before applications opened saying how many of the home cup games you have?

mark_a

Any lucky wembley-goers got their tickets yet? I think first ballot tickets are meant to be received "by the 16th" and 2nd ballot "before the 19th"?

Not that I'm doubting the clubs ability to, er, do stuff at the moment or anything!

McDonagh707

Any lucky wembley-goers got their tickets yet? I think first ballot tickets are meant to be received "by the 16th" and 2nd ballot "before the 19th"?

Not that I'm doubting the clubs ability to, er, do stuff at the moment or anything!
Was successful in the first ballot but still no sign of tickets. If they don't show by tomorrow, I'll visit the ticket office Wednesday.

RonaldoVII

Was successful in the first ballot but still no sign of tickets. If they don't show by tomorrow, I'll visit the ticket office Wednesday.
Mine arrived on Friday.

hp88

Got mine over the weekend from the first ballot, email did say to contact them if you haven't received them by today.

hp88

If your not planning on going tommorow night, email the club.

DuncanEd

If your not planning on going tommorow night, email the club.

Whats the reason they want to know?

To resell the seat, or to avoid paying out as your not turning up tomorrow?

Perhaps to make the ground look more full?

McDonagh707

Got mine over the weekend from the first ballot, email did say to contact them if you haven't received them by today.
I'll give them a ring tonight then if they haven't arrived today. I am expecting to be in the queue for a while...

GlasgowRedz

I think they may be looking to see whether there is any need for them to open the top tiers. I'd imagine that they will look to relocate anyone that has a ticket in the upper tier of the SAF at the very least.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

I think they may be looking to see whether there is any need for them to open the top tiers. I'd imagine that they will look to relocate anyone that has a ticket in the upper tier of the SAF at the very least.
I doubt they will close any sections, they just dont have enough time to sort out relocating people

My assumption is that they will look to fill any empty seats by giving them out to local schools, charity etc

I know a lot of Reds are giving out their seats for free to mates etc, I have done so as I have no chance to make it as this short notice.

DuncanEd

Yes those points make sense I cannot help being cynical when it comes to United ticket office. Force of habit

saivet

Will try another long shot. Managed to get sorted (though on twitter) for the semi final. Here's hoping again. Any singles or pairs for the FA Cup final, let me know as late as the morning of the game.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Anyone chubbed for the final with 10/10 credits - call up the ticket office now! Apparently they have some returns available for you to purchase.
I'm on 9/10 credits but rang up just on the off chance and they told me all tickets are sold and no returns thus far. There will possibly be a third ballot taking place if they get a significant amount of returns but it is unlikely.

mark_a

I'm on 9/10 credits but rang up just on the off chance and they told me all tickets are sold and no returns thus far. There will possibly be a third ballot taking place if they get a significant amount of returns but it is unlikely.
Good luck with ballot #3, though that will be cutting it fine for receiving tickets! Ballot 2 are meant to arrive "before the 19th", no sign yet ...

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Good luck with ballot #3, though that will be cutting it fine for receiving tickets! Ballot 2 are meant to arrive "before the 19th", no sign yet ...
I'm not in ballot 3 mate, only on 9/10 but thought I'd ring up for the crack anyway! Glad you got sorted though. I'm contemplating risking buying on Craiglist or just sacking it off now.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
I did read that they had about 100 £115 and £85 tickets this morning. Not sure if the TO were telling you porkies because you have 9/10.

I'm not in ballot 3 mate, only on 9/10 but thought I'd ring up for the crack anyway! Glad you got sorted though. I'm contemplating risking buying on Craiglist or just sacking it off now.
I'd pay via goods/service on PayPal with a credit card if you are doing that mate. That place is full of scammers.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I did read that they had about 100 £115 and £85 tickets this morning. Not sure if the TO were telling you porkies because you have 9/10.

I'd pay via goods/service on PayPal with a credit card if you are doing that mate. That place is full of scammers.
They didn't ask how many credits I am on, just said they had nothing going, so I'm assuming they had already gone if they had any. Cheers for the advice about Craiglist, kind of a last resort really. Think I'll just watch it on TV.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Anybody looking to move on some cup final tickets, please let me know. Live near Wembley so anytime up to kickoff really. PM me!! (Please)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I fear the last cries for Wembley tickets are doomed, although I both wish everyone who has asked luck, and would also say I'm very close, and would love a last min option myself (20min away)

Main reason of posting though, is I'm looking to renew season tickets for a 4th year. I've gone from something like row 27 ET2, to front 1/4 of the stand. Fairly central view, but the super abusive dad and either daughter/son rotational combo are too much to take right behind me.

Therefore, just wanted to ask about what the back or mid of upper ET1 are like? Do people stand all game potentially? It's not just me going each week, so I wouldn't necessarily want to inflict all game standing on people...
Other option is to creep down a couple of rows and move along the row a little...

Want to stay in this 3rd cheapest pricing band, for reasons of ease of selling games I don't go to...if I went for the £50 seats it'd be much harder I reckon

hp88

I fear the last cries for Wembley tickets are doomed, although I both wish everyone who has asked luck, and would also say I'm very close, and would love a last min option myself (20min away)

Main reason of posting though, is I'm looking to renew season tickets for a 4th year. I've gone from something like row 27 ET2, to front 1/4 of the stand. Fairly central view, but the super abusive dad and either daughter/son rotational combo are too much to take right behind me.

Therefore, just wanted to ask about what the back or mid of upper ET1 are like? Do people stand all game potentially? It's not just me going each week, so I wouldn't necessarily want to inflict all game standing on people...
Other option is to creep down a couple of rows and move along the row a little...

Want to stay in this 3rd cheapest pricing band, for reasons of ease of selling games I don't go to...if I went for the £50 seats it'd be much harder I reckon
From what I can remember it's standing for 90 minutes, next best thing to Stretty and they're the cheapest tickets in the ground as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
From what I can remember it's standing for 90 minutes, next best thing to Stretty and they're the cheapest tickets in the ground as well.
that's the lower tier of ET1, £30ish I think, whereas upper is same as ET2, £37

Think I was only down in ET1 upper once, and that was for Liverpool, and only about 2 rows off the lower part, so could understand it standing that game.
But if it's standing all game, probbo will stick to ET2.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Will try another long shot. Managed to get sorted (though on twitter) for the semi final. Here's hoping again. Any singles or pairs for the FA Cup final, let me know as late as the morning of the game.
I've just collected my cup final off a guy from Twitter. Paid over the odds but was sorted out for face value for the semi. It's easy to spot the scammers/time wasters and those who just have a spare

edcunited1878

Anybody looking to move or are in the know of a single ticket for the Final? I'll be in London Thursday afternoon. Will continue looking at all the options, but will be paying cash.

saivet

I've just collected my cup final off a guy from Twitter. Paid over the odds but was sorted out for face value for the semi. It's easy to spot the scammers/time wasters and those who just have a spare
Not willing to pay to much over the odds. Splashed enough money this month as it is. Agreed, used twitter to get tickets for a while now, so not concerned about the scammers too much.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Not willing to pay to much over the odds. Splashed enough money this month as it is. Agreed, used twitter to get tickets for a while now, so not concerned about the scammers too much.
Indeed I've seen some selling tickets for £450/500, outrageous but you know some will pay it.

ZupZup

As of 30 mins ago the ticket office had spares for those with 9 credits. Get on the phone and give it a try!

ZupZup

Cheers. Just rang up and there is message saying all tickets are sold out. Is this bs?
I don't know. I wouldn't listen to the automated messages... try and speak to someone.

A lad on Twitter just replied to a tweet saying he'd just bought 2 tickets on 9 credits... that was less than 10 mins ago.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Did you have any luck?
Was on hold for an hour only to tell me they had sold out. The bastards told me they were doing a third ballot for 10/10s when I called yesterday so I hope everyone on 10/10 has got sorted first. Will give them a call again tomorrow but seems this just isn't meant to be. Thanks for giving me a heads up, I really appreciate it.

DuncanEd

Yeah they had under 100 and varying reports of people telling callers must be 10/10 only, then some 9s said they got. The third ballot is a new one on me.

I think United pulled a masterstroke in getting tickets back they had sold already (the one card for multiple apps fiasco) only to reveal last night there would be no collection after all and they will post out. So those who cancelled because they couldn't pick up were caught with their pants down.

The logic being if you were not willing to pick up your ticket in person at Wembley you never were going to go to Wembley in the first place. So they have to be applauded here I think as it is getting the tickets into the hands of those on 9 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.