g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Seen.

Didn't actually think they would couldn't possibly see how it was manageable. Know how exactly it worked? Did people have to show I.d?
People who are successful in away ticket ballots will randomly be selected to collect their ticket from the away ground with ID rather than having them posted. I was chosen for the Hull game so had to collect with ID from two club officials who had a piece of paper with handwritten "ticket collection" taped to a desk they were standing behind in the away fans bar - sounds just as corporate as the Watford collection.

Worked out well for me in the end as I probably would have used Hull in a swap if I didn't have to collect but I ended up going and celebrating the winner with Rashford and the boys!

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
A mate just got a 3 year ban from united for selling a match. He publicised selling on a facebook group and someone must have reported him. Harsh!

Watch out guys...
Thats harsh! I hope I get my ST back in one peice and without any issues after the Stoke game!

Sylar

Got a call from Utd regarding Leicester tickets. Unfortunately cant make it this Saturday, but I checked online. There are some available online for those who are interested. (mostly NE quad)

Ludens the Red

Ah I see, just a select few. That's good then. Take it they gave you good notice period too?
People who are successful in away ticket ballots will randomly be selected to collect their ticket from the away ground with ID rather than having them posted. I was chosen for the Hull game so had to collect with ID from two club officials who had a piece of paper with handwritten "ticket collection" taped to a desk they were standing behind in the away fans bar - sounds just as corporate as the Watford collection.

Worked out well for me in the end as I probably would have used Hull in a swap if I didn't have to collect but I ended up going and celebrating the winner with Rashford and the boys!

NextSeason

Ah I see, just a select few. That's good then. Take it they gave you good notice period too?
Well no actually. I kind of suspected it cause I knew about these measures and my friend had received his ticket on his own even though I was the lead applicant. If I hadn't called up to check the situation about a week or so before, I would only have found out when I received the letter asking me to collect the ticket a few days before the game.

Robin

Seen.

Didn't actually think they would couldn't possibly see how it was manageable. Know how exactly it worked? Did people have to show I.d?
You had to show photo ID, 250 have had to pick tickets up at Hull and Watford, I had to pick up at Hull, if you phone up United and cancel the tickets they will make you pick up your tickets at every away game that you are successful for in the ballot for the whole season. If you just don't turn up you can't apply for any more away games.

ZupZup

Just got my tickets confirmed for Chelsea away, has anyone else got lucky?
Chubbed... like I have been for every away this season thus far... besides Bournemouth which I didn't apply for as I was on holiday.

The chances of being successful are up from last season though so trying to convince myself I'll get luckier soon. Think for ordinary ST holders it was 36% for Chelsea which is pretty high. Ahh well, on to the next I guess.

rotherham_red

Chubbed... like I have been for every away this season thus far... besides Bournemouth which I didn't apply for as I was on holiday.

The chances of being successful are up from last season though so trying to convince myself I'll get luckier soon. Think for ordinary ST holders it was 36% for Chelsea which is pretty high. Ahh well, on to the next I guess.
I'm quite lucky in that regard. Cos I have accessibility requirements I generally find I'm successful in every 2nd or 3rd attempt. While there aren't many accessible seats on offer, for a lot of disabled fans getting to away matches is more difficult than normal so I can get relatively easily... It's a different matter for home matches though, where I've been chubbed for all the Prem home league games so far.

I hope the club releases accessible season tickets at some point in the future.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
Sort of early, but trying to get three tickets to the Palace game (away section obviously) in December as will be in London then and want to show my friends the famous United away support. How far in advance do they usually do ballots for away games?

ZupZup

I hope the club releases accessible season tickets at some point in the future.
Fingers crossed for you mate. I think we have to add a lot more accessible seats before the start of next season so if that's the case, you'd definitely think it'd be worth them selling some season tickets within that allocation.

NextSeason

Sort of early, but trying to get three tickets to the Palace game (away section obviously) in December as will be in London then and want to show my friends the famous United away support. How far in advance do they usually do ballots for away games?
This is some good advice on away games. I think it was regarding Chelsea away but much of it applies to any United away game.

Its not impossible. Get down to Earls court and get on the beer. The courtfield is a good away pub to start with across from the station. From there you either need:
  • deep pockets (£200-£300 for a single).
  • Someone who is pissed might sell for face or +£50 on top.
  • Touts outside the ground close to kick off will look to shift if they have any left. £75-£150 depending if haggled.
If you want to try and sort beforehand:
  • need to be able to sort someone else some other away games (usually 2 less glamours ones for one single).
  • give them big home game pair and let them sell them on at profit (for example liverpool home pair east stand for one chelsea away).
  • Can always try social media but do your homework, know what the ticket looks like and ask around if they are known or not as sellers. Check their history, google their name, get their mobile and google that. Never use bank transfer EVER. Feel free to run names past me also in PM.
The main advice I have for anyone looking to get to any away is always get down to the ground on match day and get involved in the pub.

Chelsea last year (or maybe year before) there was some from belfast who were in the courtfield drinking with us all no tickets just chanced their arms and came for the atmosphere, the lady in the group was on match of the day front row lower tier that night with a united flag.

Midweek euro games back to london no chance, last trains are at 920pm or something so you have to stay overnight.

robinrooney

Sorry mate but I haven't had that experience. Been chubbed for every game so far. Applied for them all. Got a call back for Northampton but nothing in the ballots.

System needs an overhaul. If you are successful you should be excluded from the next ballot. That would increase the chances of the people in the next ballot. The same people seem to be getting the tickets week in, week out.

ZupZup

Sorry mate but I haven't had that experience. Been chubbed for every game so far. Applied for them all. Got a call back for Northampton but nothing in the ballots.

System needs an overhaul. If you are successful you should be excluded from the next ballot. That would increase the chances of the people in the next ballot. The same people seem to be getting the tickets week in, week out.
I am in the same boat myself mate and it's frustrating... but compared to last season we are getting around 2 to 3 thousand less applications per game because of the changes they made (max number of applications per card, threat of bans and random ticket collections). Success rate for ordinary season ticket holders was 26% for Liverpool despite a reduced allocation and 36% for Chelsea. That's higher than it has been in recent seasons...

Like I say, my experience is similar to yours and I'm frustrated but the figures are more promising despite the bad luck we've obviously had. I agree with you and I'd like it if something could be done to improve the chances of people like us at the moment who have been chubbed multiple times in a row versus those who have been luckier in the recent ballots. I've seen people who got Watford, Liverpool and Chelsea. When you keep getting nothing it makes you question how random it really is.

NextSeason

I am in the same boat myself mate and it's frustrating... but compared to last season we are getting around 2 to 3 thousand less applications per game because of the changes they made (max number of applications per card, threat of bans and random ticket collections). Success rate for ordinary season ticket holders was 26% for Liverpool despite a reduced allocation and 36% for Chelsea. That's higher than it has been in recent seasons...

Like I say, my experience is similar to yours and I'm frustrated but the figures are more promising despite the bad luck we've obviously had. I agree with you and I'd like it if something could be done to improve the chances of people like us at the moment who have been chubbed multiple times in a row versus those who have been luckier in the recent ballots. I've seen people who got Watford, Liverpool and Chelsea. When you keep getting nothing it makes you question how random it really is.
You guys aware of the loyalty pot? There are about 800 in there with a 4/5 better chance of tickets than regular STs so that's a fair proportion of most allocations going to the same people. My ST is not in there but not sure I am against it tbh as these guys have been applying for every away game since December 2002.

Then you have the execs which have their own separate allocation as well with supposedly a better chance of tickets. Although looking at the success rates from this season, exec tickets seem to be similar to normal STs but they are still cutting the allocation for regular STs. I am against this as these people are just paying for the right to apply with better odds.

So all in all, us regular STs are bottom of the food chain so it's no surprise how often we get chubbed.

robinrooney

You guys aware of the loyalty pot? There are about 800 in there with a 4/5 better chance of tickets than regular STs so that's a fair proportion of most allocations going to the same people. My ST is not in there but not sure I am against it tbh as these guys have been applying for every away game since December 2002.

Then you have the execs which have their own separate allocation as well with supposedly a better chance of tickets. Although looking at the success rates from this season, exec tickets seem to be similar to normal STs but they are still cutting the allocation for regular STs. I am against this as these people are just paying for the right to apply with better odds.

So all in all, us regular STs are bottom of the food chain so it's no surprise how often we get chubbed.
I understand all that but for regular ST holders to get chubbed multiple times in a row only to see other regular ST holders successful is a bit of a kick in the teeth. The present system is not fair IMO. I have no problem with the loyalty pot or execs but something needs to be done to the way the rest of the tickets are allocated

ZupZup

I can understand the loyalty pot and I fully appreciate we are bottom of the food chain... at the end of the day we're probably looking at an average where you'd expect to be successful in maybe 1 of 4 away applications as an ordinary ST holder. So being chubbed is more than understandable... it's when you get the 'sorry, your application was unsuccessful' text for several away games in a row that it becomes a frustration.

NextSeason

I understand all that but for regular ST holders to get chubbed multiple times in a row only to see other regular ST holders successful is a bit of a kick in the teeth. The present system is not fair IMO. I have no problem with the loyalty pot or execs but something needs to be done to the way the rest of the tickets are allocated
I can understand the loyalty pot and I fully appreciate we are bottom of the food chain... at the end of the day we're probably looking at an average where you'd expect to be successful in maybe 1 of 4 away applications as an ordinary ST holder. So being chubbed is more than understandable... it's when you get the 'sorry, your application was unsuccessful' text for several away games in a row that it becomes a frustration.
I know the feeling.

Thing is, I'm not sure what else can be done. This season they've brought in measures to stop people just applying for the sake of it which has worked a little as you see with the reduced applications and higher success rates. I personally prefer having a small chance of any away rather than getting one away and being excluded from the next ballot for example.. The real problem is that our away support is the biggest/best in the land so demand heavily outstrips supply.

ZupZup

I know the feeling.

Thing is, I'm not sure what else can be done. This season they've brought in measures to stop people just applying for the sake of it which has worked a little as you see with the reduced applications and higher success rates. I personally prefer having a small chance of any away rather than getting one away and being excluded from the next ballot for example.. The real problem is that our away support is the biggest/best in the land so demand heavily outstrips supply.
Yeah... I am not sure excluding people from a ballot would be the answer. But I wouldn't be against seeing something where fans were given a guarantee of say a minimum of 1 ticket per 9 away applications or something (or two a season if you applied for every league away). So if you'd been chubbed say 8 times in a row then you would be guaranteed a ticket for the next away. It should in theory only be a small-ish number based on the figures they publish as you wouldn't expect too many fans to go that many away applications with zero success... and at that point the people who have been chubbed 8 times in a row probably deserve one I'd say.

rotherham_red

Fingers crossed for you mate. I think we have to add a lot more accessible seats before the start of next season so if that's the case, you'd definitely think it'd be worth them selling some season tickets within that allocation.
Yeah, I've heard that's already been signed off on from the stadium management. I was told it was substantially more than the current 120 allocated seats, but I don't want to jinx it by saying how much just in case, as the person who told me said it wasn't actually confirmed and official yet. I would hope it leads to some season tickets being made available but even with the increased allocation, I don't think it'll be enough. I think around 500 accessible seats is probably the right amount to ensure that season tickets can be sold and demand can be met for ballot application to a reasonable level. The rumoured increased amount that I was told is close but not quite there yet.

Right now, for example a disabled applicant is successful 1 in every 5 or 6 applications for a Prem home match, and the chances are increased for weekday matches in the cup and Europe as it's obviously harder for people to make the necessary arrangements on the weeknight and also the fact that you have to make separate applications to those while for the Prem games you can make a block booking for all of the games in one go. I'm not complaining though, atm the tickets for me and a carer are free so even if I only go to one game per season it works out to great value for money for the cost of my membership. It's just that I would happily pay for a season ticket in order to guarantee myself access to every home game, no matter what.

Looks like you can already buy them on the site as long as you are a member... no ballot since it's the league cup I guess.
Thanks mate, I just got an email from the Disability Liaison Officer, applications for the accessible seats open tomorrow. I think because there are so few of them in the stadium we have to apply for the seats irrespective of the competition.

Donkey's Ears

Is anyone else here an Exec and finding the success rate for aways seems a lot lower this year? Got one out of about five so far.

Donkey's Ears

I thought execs get every game they wanted.
No - unless I am doing something very stupid. I got about 40% last year. This year I haven't got any - I've just realised the post above was wrong as the Charity Shield doesn't count.

klayton88

Does anybody know how the tickets for the League Cup derby will work? Will it be similar to the Europa League in that they will go straight on general sale? Looking for 4.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Does anybody know how the tickets for the League Cup derby will work? Will it be similar to the Europa League in that they will go straight on general sale? Looking for 4.
They're on sale to members now. Most likely won't go to general sale though, quite a lot have gone since this morning when I booked mine

NextSeason

No - unless I am doing something very stupid. I got about 40% last year. This year I haven't got any - I've just realised the post above was wrong as the Charity Shield doesn't count.
I don't have any execs but I've noticed the success rates have dropped. Allocations haven't changed as far as I'm aware so only thing I can think of is that there are more execs now?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Exec books have been the usual for ourselves. Even got Liverpool this year.

On that happy note, anyone want to do me a pair for Leicester on Saturday :)

Krusqy

The emails regarding results for Fenerbahce away is out (and Zorya I suppose).

I was successful with 1 credit, so most should get a ticket, if not all.

DuncanEd

Just read the last two pages here and I am astounded people still seem to be shocked at selling tickets home or away equaling a ban. You cannot (be seen) doing it guys, it was in the terms and conditions for years. This year they really put it in your face with the leaflet explaining you cannot do it.

I don't think it's fair but listen that's the rules of the game and you have to be smart about it (roy keane accent).

What's this about the club blocking season ticket cards without warning and making you go to the ticket office to confirm ID before reactivating?
Been happening for years on small scale with suspected seats where for example stewards who were being asked questions week in week out by different Chinese couples. They put lets say Mr Turners cards on hold. Next week they go red, Chinese family freak out they've been conned and blab about paying. Mr Turner is banned.

They used to also leave questionnaires in exec seats with one of the questions being how much have you paid today and was it the ticket owner you bought from. If you are not warned in advance about these things your "friends and family" will fill them in perhaps. Evidence. Banned.

A mate just got a 3 year ban from united for selling a match. He publicised selling on a facebook group and someone must have reported him. Harsh!Watch out guys...
United are on many groups and twitter looking for people selling. This is not a new thing. They screenshot it as evidence. Always do your business via PM and do your checks on who your talking with. If they have a screenshot he was advertising his ticket he will be very, very lucky to get away with it.

These are the sort of people they need to weed out, not fans who might miss the odd game trying to get their face value back! How the hell do you get 37 season tickets, and now they're all on cards, how do they get them back etc!
I was going to answer this but thought better of it, more so because of who else other than you might read it. I will say this. Think to yourself just how many season ticket holders actually attend every week, are all our season ticket holders able to fly in every week, are all our execs actually that arsed about football let alone united and what possible reasons would all these people be tempted to give their tickets to touts I wonder? I will let you decide but suffice to say 37 is a very small number when you take a step back and consider 75,000 seats and who "rents" them.

So that whole away day check thing and ticket pick up. I take it it's not been done in any of our 3 away games yet.
Every game, and will be done for every game even Liverpool and Chelsea away (pending the police decisions).

You had to show photo ID, 250 have had to pick tickets up at Hull and Watford, I had to pick up at Hull, if you phone up United and cancel the tickets they will make you pick up your tickets at every away game that you are successful for in the ballot for the whole season. If you just don't turn up you can't apply for any more away games.
You forgot to add if you cancel the first time and cancel again your barred from applying for anymore also which is fair I think, your not going then don't apply.

You guys aware of the loyalty pot? There are about 800 in there with a 4/5 better chance of tickets than regular STs so that's a fair proportion of most allocations going to the same people. Then you have the execs which have their own separate allocation as well with supposedly a better chance of tickets.
United have cut a lot from the loyalty pot already, they want rid of it totally. Execs have better odds because there are less people they are competing against for a ticket. Standard pot has/had over 10K regularly applying although this has dropped now with the scare tactics this season that stops the Irish and so on from applying in case they have to collect.

Is anyone else here an Exec and finding the success rate for aways seems a lot lower this year? Got one out of about five so far.
Execs success was purposely cut this season as United want to address the standard pot not getting as many. Bad year to be an exec. If you are paying under £20k you mean nothing to them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just read the last two pages here and I am astounded people still seem to be shocked at selling tickets home or away equaling a ban. You cannot (be seen) doing it guys, it was in the terms and conditions for years. This year they really put it in your face with the leaflet explaining you cannot do it.

I don't think it's fair but listen that's the rules of the game and you have to be smart about it (roy keane accent).
At other grounds on people's season tickets, or at United pre "friends and family" rules, I always thought it must look blatant when it's midway through a season, and people are still struggling to put their ticket through the scanner :lol:

But you're obviously right, screenshotting your tickets, being very specific about location, or even doing it in your own name on a United ticket sell site is dicing with risk!
The pre match brief to family/friends helps too!

DuncanEd

At other grounds on people's season tickets, or at United pre "friends and family" rules, I always thought it must look blatant when it's midway through a season, and people are still struggling to put their ticket through the scanner :lol:

But you're obviously right, screenshotting your tickets, being very specific about location, or even doing it in your own name on a United ticket sell site is dicing with risk!
The pre match brief to family/friends helps too!
Pre match brief essential :lol: