All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Whatsername

I can’t even get in, I’ve now tried four different devices and deleted cookies etc and I still can‘t get past a profile page which requires my phone number but won’t accept my details because “A client with the same details already exists!”

Last edited:

Whatsername

Had a total of over an hour on the phone this morning and still can’t get into my account. The advisor I spoke to could log in and access it no problem and everything’s as it should be, he sent me another link to change my password because I can’t even get to do that and I did that but I’m still stuck at the same profile contact details page.
He told me to screenshot what I was seeing and email it in.

K Stand Knut

I’ve just tried and got in first time
:D:D

I used my membership number though so not sure if that is an option that works for all of you instead?

misterbigalow

I’ve tried my number, my email address, different phone numbers on the contact page that it’s urging me to fill out and nothing.
Yeah, looks like there's teething problems and they're still updating stuff as we speak, the reservations for season tickets are gone, mine turned to expired, but now there's an actual season tickets section, so that's just been added now, so hopefully from Monday we can buy on the site. My card was just charged £1 from Man Utd Ticketing for some reason, maybe they were testing out the payment system, but I haven't been refunded yet, maybe I was too eager putting my card on the site, ha!

Whatsername

Yeah, looks like there's teething problems and they're still updating stuff as we speak, the reservations for season tickets are gone, mine turned to expired, but now there's an actual season tickets section, so that's just been added now, so hopefully from Monday we can buy on the site. My card was just charged £1 from Man Utd Ticketing for some reason, maybe they were testing out the payment system, but I haven't been refunded yet, maybe I was too eager putting my card on the site, ha!
I’ve got the IT dept on the case now, and the lady who’s called me twice this afternoon is confused as to what’s going on too. She’s calling me back again tomorrow to have another go at cracking it.

Ticketing and membership said this morning that emails should be going out tomorrow night re paying for renewals from Monday.
I called yesterday though and the message said that they were working on a system upgrade which they hoped to have finished yesterday, today there’s a message saying that they‘re upgrading and will change the message once it’s completed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When i saw the "new ticketing platform" email, I initially thought it was a ticket exchange system. Not just a revamped version of the current.

That's a shame.

Though I'm sure someone said they were creating a ticket exchange for next season, but haven't seen anything about it?

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Still pondering my options for my Season Ticket. Basically my mate and I don't want to go to games again until it's a full house. There's an option to take a break for a season and keep seats till 2022/23 season. And another option to renew now and get refunded for any games that aren't a full crowd THAT YOU CANNOT ATTEND DUE TO CAPACITY RESTRICTIONS. The part I've put in capitals/italics has confused me. Does that mean we have to apply for those games and we get a refund if we're unsuccessful? If anyone knows, would be great to get this cleared up :houllier:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still pondering my options for my Season Ticket. Basically my mate and I don't want to go to games again until it's a full house. There's an option to take a break for a season and keep seats till 2022/23 season. And another option to renew now and get refunded for any games that aren't a full crowd THAT YOU CANNOT ATTEND DUE TO CAPACITY RESTRICTIONS. The part I've put in capitals/italics has confused me. Does that mean we have to apply for those games and we get a refund if we're unsuccessful? If anyone knows, would be great to get this cleared up :houllier:
I thought the option to reply on this finished about a month ago?

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

I thought the option to reply on this finished about a month ago?
Yeah mate it did on the 30th April. I've worded my question wrongly! I have no intention of taking the break, I let the club know a while back that I do intend to renew. What I'm confused about is whether there's any options for people who do wish to renew but only want to go back when there's a full house? Or if you renew, you renew on the basis that you may be randomly chosen to be part of a 10,000 (or however many) crowd

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah mate it did on the 30th April. I've worded my question wrongly! I have no intention of taking the break, I let the club know a while back that I do intend to renew. What I'm confused about is whether there's any options for people who do wish to renew but only want to go back when there's a full house? Or if you renew, you renew on the basis that you may be randomly chosen to be part of a 10,000 (or however many) crowd
Worth clarifying.
Though personally I think we'll be back in full steam from August.
But I have been a bit optimistic the whole way through!

nickyboy1981

When i saw the "new ticketing platform" email, I initially thought it was a ticket exchange system. Not just a revamped version of the current.

That's a shame.

Though I'm sure someone said they were creating a ticket exchange for next season, but haven't seen anything about it?
I'm sure ive read somewhere you now have the option to put the ticket back in for general sale.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
If its not a full stadium then I am sure there will be a ballot for every match with restricted numbers - just dont apply if you dont want to go

Whatsername

There’s 90 minutes of my life I’ll never see again. Phoned at 8am, on hold for 15 minutes and asked about changing seats for next season. The new system still wasn’t in place so I was told to get in the phone queue around 9.30 as they were expecting it to be working by 10 and would be able to do changes then. Got in the queue at 9. Call answered 90 minutes later and now told they’re not doing any changes until July.

Still can’t access the account online.

Yik

Does anyone how the view is from Row 30 and above in the Stretford end? I've got a seat in W3104 Row 36 reserved from last year but I'm now wondering if its too high up? I've got no problems standing up or ascending/descending, and I would rather sit here than in any of the other stands but I'm not sure if thats the right decision.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Does anyone how the view is from Row 30 and above in the Stretford end? I've got a seat in W3104 Row 36 reserved from last year but I'm now wondering if its too high up? I've got no problems standing up or ascending/descending, and I would rather sit here than in any of the other stands but I'm not sure if thats the right decision.
I dont know what row numbers it goes upto but there is a bit of a restricted view at the top of the Stretty as the sloping roof cuts the view - usually good atmosphere up there though

misterbigalow

Anyone know if it's still possible to pay monthly rather than in one for season tickets?
Yes it is, when you go to pay for the season ticket you're given the option of paying for it with a credit/debit card, or choosing a 10 month finance option with V12

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I'm row 32 of 3104 - and I wouldn't say it's too high. Ideally I'd be a little lower in T2 but it's still a good spot to be in. You're stood up the whole game and atmosphere generally good.

mark_a

The big change would appear to be that it's now going to be a "ticket" in your digital wallet. I'll miss the card. I wonder how they'll indicate the loyalty (Silver/Gold/Platinum) stuff?

Also, even having read the terms and conditions, I'm unsure how you actually transfer to "friends and family" if you're unable to attend a game. Before it was just passing on the card, now I'm not so sure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The big change would appear to be that it's now going to be a "ticket" in your digital wallet. I'll miss the card. I wonder how they'll indicate the loyalty (Silver/Gold/Platinum) stuff?

Also, even having read the terms and conditions, I'm unsure how you actually transfer to "friends and family" if you're unable to attend a game. Before it was just passing on the card, now I'm not so sure.
Hopefully some tech guys will confirm on this.

Surely can't be as easy as emailing something to them?

Don't like the idea of it being some digital ticket. Just screams issues, with a phone losing charge etc.

Bosws87

Just bare in mind if you are going for the finance option the payment will come out on the day or the following day you apply each month.

Rushed this a few times before and ended up with an awkward time the money was coming out.

mark_a

Hopefully some tech guys will confirm on this.

Surely can't be as easy as emailing something to them?

Don't like the idea of it being some digital ticket. Just screams issues, with a phone losing charge etc.
It does say you are responsible for having a charged up phone etc. I reckon there will be a lot of older and/or non tech-savvy fans who might well struggle with the whole wallet thing. I'm not that happy with it & I'm a youthful 49 1/2 ... old enough to remember when it was a book of tickets!

The updated terms and conditions definitely doesn't seem to outline how to transfer, or indeed exactly what you need to let the club know (name, address?) about the person transferred to. So I'm assuming you email it. I'm trying to remember what I had to do when there was a gig I had a digital ticket for & couldn't go.

https://assets.manutd.com/AssetPick...and_Conditions_2021_221622709305229_img1x.pdf

Anyway, I'm in for another season of punishment! Those Glazer's yachts need a new coat of paint ...

Whatsername

It was a digital ticket for the Fulham game but you had the option of printing it, which we did in case of phone problems, but again anyone not tech savvy will struggle although I suppose that’s how you’d get around the issue of letting someone else use it.

Yik

I dont know what row numbers it goes upto but there is a bit of a restricted view at the top of the Stretty as the sloping roof cuts the view - usually good atmosphere up there though
I'm row 32 of 3104 - and I wouldn't say it's too high. Ideally I'd be a little lower in T2 but it's still a good spot to be in. You're stood up the whole game and atmosphere generally good.
Cheers guys! I'm gonna get the seat paid for, I don't think the ticket office will move me any lower anyways. @DanNistelrooy thats brilliant about the standing I didn't know that, I just hope there isn't some really tall bastard in front of me :lol::lol: I'm a uhh tad vertically challenged (5'6 and a bit),I might have to wear my hiking boots if so!

Cambion

Yes it is, when you go to pay for the season ticket you're given the option of paying for it with a credit/debit card, or choosing a 10 month finance option with V12
I am not seeing this, the only option I am presented with is paying it all via card.

misterbigalow

I am not seeing this, the only option I am presented with is paying it all via card.
That's strange, when I bought mine it definitely gave me the option to select 10 month finance via V12, however I did pay for mine with my debit card, you'll probably have to ring them if it's not coming up for you, I had entered and saved a payment card already in the Payment Cards section, so maybe do that first and then try and see if it comes up?

GeorgieBoy

Just renewed.
Really not a fan of digital tickets mainly because I’ve been collecting the season cards. :cool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was a digital ticket for the Fulham game but you had the option of printing it, which we did in case of phone problems, but again anyone not tech savvy will struggle although I suppose that’s how you’d get around the issue of letting someone else use it.
It seems like a huge backwards step versus touts if you can just print them off.
And makes buying from a tout even dodger as you don't know if they've printed the same ticket off numerous times.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It does say you are responsible for having a charged up phone etc. I reckon there will be a lot of older and/or non tech-savvy fans who might well struggle with the whole wallet thing. I'm not that happy with it & I'm a youthful 49 1/2 ... old enough to remember when it was a book of tickets!

The updated terms and conditions definitely doesn't seem to outline how to transfer, or indeed exactly what you need to let the club know (name, address?) about the person transferred to. So I'm assuming you email it. I'm trying to remember what I had to do when there was a gig I had a digital ticket for & couldn't go.

https://assets.manutd.com/AssetPick...and_Conditions_2021_221622709305229_img1x.pdf

Anyway, I'm in for another season of punishment! Those Glazer's yachts need a new coat of paint ...
Think I'm glad to be out if it for the season. Will listen to how it goes from afar and probably slip back into membership mode and do games I want to do, rather than the stress of trying to shift 30 games a season from 200miles away like the last 7 years.

Bosws87

I imagine if its a digital phone QR code it will be as simple as a screenshot to share with someone which will be able to be scanned once on match day.

Can't see it being any different to how train tickets etc work.

hp88

40 Row's in total, my brother used to have seats on 38 and I found them too high, I have been on row 26 for a few years and I find it perfect as it's right in the middle of Stetty.

hp88

Just renewed.
Really not a fan of digital tickets mainly because I’ve been collecting the season cards. :cool:
Yeah I have collected all of my ticket stubs and the season ticket cards for a good 10 years now so I will miss having a card. Guess on the plus side it make's it easier to move tickets on for games you can't get to.

Bosws87

Call me cynical but this digital ticket will mean when we are passing tickets to friends and family we'll have to use a ticket forwarding service...with an associated fee.
I haven’t looked at it yet because I haven’t renewed but isn’t it just going to be the same as any other digital ticket and scanner I could just screenshot it on my phone and send it to my friend and they could enter. It makes it easier then ever to share your ticket.

fergieisold

I haven’t looked at it yet because I haven’t renewed but isn’t it just going to be the same as any other digital ticket and scanner I could just screenshot it on my phone and send it to my friend and they could enter. It makes it easier then ever to share your ticket.
Fingers crossed! Shame we aren't getting a physical ticket, quite like keeping mine!

hp88

Call me cynical but this digital ticket will mean when we are passing tickets to friends and family we'll have to use a ticket forwarding service...with an associated fee.
Received this after renewing, mine sounds like it will be a like a boarding pass so you should be able to text, whatsapps etc to someone.

Changes to Stadium Entry

Stadium turnstiles have been upgraded and are now compatible with digital / contactless ticketing, and you will be sent a link within 14 days where you will be able to download your digital Season Ticket card to your mobile wallet. This will then be used to gain entry to the stadium, and can also be used to take advantage of discounts in the Red Cafe, Museum and Megastore. Note: If you have an Android mobile, you will need to download the Google Pay app on to your device before being able to access your ticket. Visit the app store on your phone and download for free.

fergieisold

Received this after renewing, mine sounds like it will be a like a boarding pass so you should be able to text, whatsapps etc to someone.

Changes to Stadium Entry

Stadium turnstiles have been upgraded and are now compatible with digital / contactless ticketing, and you will be sent a link within 14 days where you will be able to download your digital Season Ticket card to your mobile wallet. This will then be used to gain entry to the stadium, and can also be used to take advantage of discounts in the Red Cafe, Museum and Megastore. Note: If you have an Android mobile, you will need to download the Google Pay app on to your device before being able to access your ticket. Visit the app store on your phone and download for free.
Sounds promising - I hope is that there's some sort of individual identifier for the games. So if you pass a ticket on it can't then be used for the next game.