All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
So after this week's announcements, all hope of getting back to Old Trafford this season are basically gone :(

I actually had a call from ticket office this week and was offered a refund on the missed matches from last year which I finally accepted

rotherham_red

So after this week's announcements, all hope of getting back to Old Trafford this season are basically gone :(

I actually had a call from ticket office this week and was offered a refund on the missed matches from last year which I finally accepted
Let's just hope that the bumbling fools in charge don't cock it up further and that we have our STs for next season as normal...

CodeRed

Ah, I wondered why they called. They bloody woke me up as i was asleep from working nightshift. If its a number i dont know, well i'm not going to answer it. I later googled the 0161 number and it came up with Old Trafford.

I'm happy for them to hold onto my money and i'll just pay half of the season ticket cost next year.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ah, I wondered why they called. They bloody woke me up as i was asleep from working nightshift. If its a number i dont know, well i'm not going to answer it. I later googled the 0161 number and it came up with Old Trafford.

I'm happy for them to hold onto my money and i'll just pay half of the season ticket cost next year.
I left them the cash in the hope we would get back this season but decided it's better off in my account than theirs since any return is probably 6 months away now

Good of them to ring to offer the refund anyway, ticket office have dealt with everything very well

always_hoping

Last match I attended was a year ago against Club Brugge. Its mid 90s since I went a year without visiting Old Trafford before.

Hopefully supporters are allowed back to Old Trafford for the start of 2021/22 season.

hp88

Anyone had a call from ticket off today? They have left a voicemail about getting a refund etc... but I have also heard that we are scrapping cards and paper tickets from next season. Guessing it's go to be like using an e-boarding pass like you do with flights.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Anyone had a call from ticket off today? They have left a voicemail about getting a refund etc... but I have also heard that we are scrapping cards and paper tickets from next season. Guessing it's go to be like using an e-boarding pass like you do with flights.
Had the call last week. They offered the refund but I'm happy enough to let them hold onto that so my ST appears cheaper when it comes to payment. Can ring up at any point to instruct the refund so didn't feel the need to.

They didn't mention the e-tickets but I've seen that confirmed online.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hang on, it'll be email tickets?!

That would make it a hell of a lot easier to dish your tickets around, instead of a season of posting them out to pals etc.
But more easy for touts to get involved, as I've always wondered how they get their cards/season tickets back after games?

You'd also feel way less safe getting a glorified email off a tout! Not knowing if they've printed it off 20 times

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
21/22 season ticket announcement:

Seems reasonable on the whole, but taking the money soon for the whole season up front as per the norm doesn’t seem particularly fair given the likelihood of those season ticket holders actually being able to attend the majority of matches. Still think there is a long way to go in this pandemic before we can see full stadiums being a safe decision.

Andy_Cole

21/22 season ticket announcement:

Seems reasonable on the whole, but taking the money soon for the whole season up front as per the norm doesn’t seem particularly fair given the likelihood of those season ticket holders actually being able to attend the majority of matches. Still think there is a long way to go in this pandemic before we can see full stadiums being a safe decision.
There is this to be fair to the club:

1-Year Break: Season Ticket holders impacted by COVID-19 will be able to take a 1-year break from their Season Ticket. Taking this option will not secure existing seats or prices; instead those selecting this option will be guaranteed a return and able to select from available seats next season with loyalty being retained for 2022/23.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
There is this to be fair to the club:

1-Year Break: Season Ticket holders impacted by COVID-19 will be able to take a 1-year break from their Season Ticket. Taking this option will not secure existing seats or prices; instead those selecting this option will be guaranteed a return and able to select from available seats next season with loyalty being retained for 2022/23.
But you lose your seat.

My point is that there is a very good chance the majority of the games are played in front of a small crowd or behind closed doors, yet all season ticket holders still have to pay for the whole season up front. The principle of the club taking money for something they cannot actually assure delivery of as of now is wrong.

The only alternative is that if you seemingly fail a credit check from their finance provider, as a one-off the club will charge you 10x interest-free instalments this season only. That offer should be open to all.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Wonder if anyone could give me bit of information about Manchester United’s season tickets last season, regarding COVID, the Celtic fans are saying, Celtic sold the most season tickets in Europe at full price,(53,000) they are saying only to be offered virtual tickets and not get offered refund, (the club did)

if anyone could tell me how many Manchester United sold, price, if you get MUTV and if club offered refund would be much appreciated, thanks for any help on this matter.

Whatsername

Wonder if anyone could give me bit of information about Manchester United’s season tickets last season, regarding COVID, the Celtic fans are saying, Celtic sold the most season tickets in Europe at full price,(53,000) they are saying only to be offered virtual tickets and not get offered refund, (the club did)

if anyone could tell me how many Manchester United sold, price, if you get MUTV and if club offered refund would be much appreciated, thanks for any help on this matter.
I can’t answer all of your questions but me and my son bought season tickets for last season, for the first time as we only intended going on the waiting list but when I called to do that we were offered two together in the area where we usually sit so we bit the bullet.

The club have refunded all games. Initially it was just a game or two at a time and then a month at a time and then a few weeks ago they refunded up until the end of the season.
I had an email the other week with a link for free MUTV for the next few months I think but I’ve not read it too closely.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
I can’t answer all of your questions but me and my son bought season tickets for last season, for the first time as we only intended going on the waiting list but when I called to do that we were offered two together in the area where we usually sit so we bit the bullet.

The club have refunded all games. Initially it was just a game or two at a time and then a month at a time and then a few weeks ago they refunded up until the end of the season.
I had an email the other week with a link for free MUTV for the next few months I think but I’ve not read it too closely.
No bother, thanks for your help.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But you lose your seat.

My point is that there is a very good chance the majority of the games are played in front of a small crowd or behind closed doors, yet all season ticket holders still have to pay for the whole season up front. The principle of the club taking money for something they cannot actually assure delivery of as of now is wrong.

The only alternative is that if you seemingly fail a credit check from their finance provider, as a one-off the club will charge you 10x interest-free instalments this season only. That offer should be open to all.
What makes you say this bit?
The gov roadmap has restrictions being removed on June 21st at the earliest, so that gives a buffer of 2months until the first games.
Even with the EU messing about a bit, expectation is that every adult will have been offered the vaccination by the end of July too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have taken the 1 year break for my 2 tickets.

Made it work for the best part of a decade in going to say 1/4-1/3 of games and shipping the rest around pals.

But 2020/21 before lockdown was a tricky season. Only got to 2 games for different reasons and it was getting really hairy sorting tickets out at times.

After the last year, I think it'd be utterly impossible to fill enough tickets up and was going to pack it in totally, so it's good the 1 year option gives it a trial at least.
Can't be committal I'm sure.

mark_a

Seen uefa are selling tickets to the Europa final. Assume travel isn’t allowed for UK currently?
The Covid FAQ bit (currently) says unless you've had the "full course" of jabs you need to quarantine for 10 days arriving in Poland. My pal has looked at flights and there's nothing from Manchester and a few from Stanstead, but they're £££.

We've got possible changed restrictions being announced on 10th, but the EUFA applications finishes on 7th, so it looks like a massive gamble that one. I assume their application is the Neutral tickets. Should we qualify as expected, I'm assuming United will sort something out for fans to go, which I would have thought would be a lottery as there's not been any games to attend to build up loyalty this season. We'd still need to comply with vaccine/quarantine on top of that. It's looking difficult to say the least!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The Covid FAQ bit (currently) says unless you've had the "full course" of jabs you need to quarantine for 10 days arriving in Poland. My pal has looked at flights and there's nothing from Manchester and a few from Stanstead, but they're £££.

We've got possible changed restrictions being announced on 10th, but the EUFA applications finishes on 7th, so it looks like a massive gamble that one. I assume their application is the Neutral tickets. Should we qualify as expected, I'm assuming United will sort something out for fans to go, which I would have thought would be a lottery as there's not been any games to attend to build up loyalty this season. We'd still need to comply with vaccine/quarantine on top of that. It's looking difficult to say the least!
United have already e-mailed season ticket holders to say it will be based on European away credits in recent seasons.

Have taken the 1 year break for my 2 tickets.

Made it work for the best part of a decade in going to say 1/4-1/3 of games and shipping the rest around pals.

But 2020/21 before lockdown was a tricky season. Only got to 2 games for different reasons and it was getting really hairy sorting tickets out at times.

After the last year, I think it'd be utterly impossible to fill enough tickets up and was going to pack it in totally, so it's good the 1 year option gives it a trial at least.
Can't be committal I'm sure.
United sent an e-mail today to those who renewed stating that there will be a new service, it seems?

Ticket Transferring: If you are unable to attend a game, you will be able to forward your ticket via our ticketing platform

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United have already e-mailed season ticket holders to say it will be based on European away credits in recent seasons.

United sent an e-mail today to those who renewed stating that there will be a new service, it seems?
That's a decent new thing. First time in about 8 years since Viagogo was binned off?

Still think i'll stay out this year.
Looks like you have to join the season ticket waiting list and then battle others for 2022/23, but realistically I did it for 7 years from almost 200miles away, so i had my time :)

Will just membership / get tickets off the cafe I think going forward. Take the stress out!

Steven-UK

Season ticket holders: Does anybody here understand how the Ticket Transferring will work for next season? It's a new option they've added if you cannot attend a game? Thanks.

Andy_Cole

Season ticket holders: Does anybody here understand how the Ticket Transferring will work for next season? It's a new option they've added if you cannot attend a game? Thanks.
Yeh read that too. I wonder if it’s to another ST Holder or perhaps to a member too?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeh read that too. I wonder if it’s to another ST Holder or perhaps to a member too?
Yeah if it's just forwarding it to someone you know that's pointless as you can do that already.
But if it's posting your ticket and someone approved as a member buys it that's the system we've wanted for years

AndyMUFC

Anyone asked if they're letting season ticket holders move seat by choice?

MataFanatic

Anyone know how tickets for the Super Cup Final will be made available? Could be United v city in Belfast

Whatsername

Just had this reply;

We are unable to facilitate season ticket moves this year due to the large amount of enforced movers we have and because of the short turnaround between renewals and the season starting this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seemed quite odd to get an email asking me to go on the season ticket holders waiting list, after selecting the 1 year wait.
Presume there's a priority system rather than being in a big free for all, and ending up back row Tier 3 of the North :lol:

In fairness, have probably done my time as a STH. Unless the ticket exchange thing works out being a good way to shift off.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Feels as if I got lucky. Signed up as a pair on the ST waiting list around March 2016 towards the end of Van Gaal's reign. Got offered 2x season tickets at the end of the season, but only at the top of the East Stand Tier 2. A few phone calls over the next few weeks got us moved to the Stretford End after renewals!

Evans999

Anyone applying for Fulham? I can't make it personally. Seems to be a backlash on twitter about 'lining the glazers pockets' by some fans but with it open to members too tickets will only go to someone who'll probably go to the megastore before hand if they're not taken by regular goers.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Anyone applying for Fulham? I can't make it personally. Seems to be a backlash on twitter about 'lining the glazers pockets' by some fans but with it open to members too tickets will only go to someone who'll probably go to the megastore before hand if they're not taken by regular goers.
In 2 minds myself. On one hand it's been over 15 months since I last watched us live and I've missed it massively. On the other hand it seems like a lot are boycotting due to the protests which I also back. The ridiculously long email with protocols around arriving early and no alcohol is also putting me off!

Bosws87

Nah, wont be bothering still undecided if ill keep my ticket, defer or just give it up completely, definitely becoming more disillusioned with top level football the older i get.

My tickets in the new Standing rail seats so its enticing me to keep it, decisions.

RonaldoVII

I've just applied. Had similar thoughts to you but came to the conclusion that there's 10000 tickets available and it'll sell out regardless of whether I apply or not. It's one of the things I've missed the most in the last 15 months and I'll not be buying anything whilst I'm there so have gone for it. Not expecting to get a ticket though.

I also disagree that members can apply but can see why they've allowed it.

mark_a

I've just applied. Had similar thoughts to you but came to the conclusion that there's 10000 tickets available and it'll sell out regardless of whether I apply or not. It's one of the things I've missed the most in the last 15 months and I'll not be buying anything whilst I'm there so have gone for it. Not expecting to get a ticket though.

I also disagree that members can apply but can see why they've allowed it.
My gut feeling was to apply as I've not been since the City game, which was the last one before lockdown.

In terms of the Glazers, I've been firmly against them since they took over, and decided to stick with United past that. I get the arguments that people have about putting money in their pockets. If I'd stopped the ticket then I'd be giving them no money, I get that. That would of course be a personal thing, because boycotting wouldn't be noticed as I have a good seat in the W2s on the Stretford End & someone would be in that like a shot! The Glazers wouldn't know my £703 from anyone else's. (Again, as well as fan loyalty I suppose this is why owners bleed the fans dry, knowing that demand especially at United will always sell tickets). On the other hand, I never spend any cash in the megastore and I try and avoid spending cash inside the ground too if I can. The ST works out £37 per game, which is probably less than half a replica shirt? I suppose my point is that loyal reds could boycott attending or even cancel long held season tickets, but the Glazers would still rake it in from overseas sales and merch. I think that's why I support the recent demo before the Liverpool game and also the #Notapennymore campaign to target sponsors. Both these are noticeable, make the news and therefore morel likely to have an impact.
The caveat to all this is that my response to the ESL business was to say if it goes ahead, I'm out. That would be it for me. It's been a good run. Though I'd feel disappointed that My Grandad probably first watched United in the 1910s, then My Dad, then me, that would be a shame. Then again, I remember my Dad was always said "it's not the same as it was" in the 70s and I imagine that was also said in the 60s, 50s and earlier.

Anway, I digress! I think I'll apply. Anyone know where I can get a green & gold Hazmat suit?

I wonder if they've allowed members to apply to make sure there isn't trouble or boycotts or to just encourage people to buy memberships? Either way, it's not much of a thank you to loyal season ticket holders.

RonaldoVII

My gut feeling was to apply as I've not been since the City game, which was the last one before lockdown.

In terms of the Glazers, I've been firmly against them since they took over, and decided to stick with United past that. I get the arguments that people have about putting money in their pockets. If I'd stopped the ticket then I'd be giving them no money, I get that. That would of course be a personal thing, because boycotting wouldn't be noticed as I have a good seat in the W2s on the Stretford End & someone would be in that like a shot! The Glazers wouldn't know my £703 from anyone else's. (Again, as well as fan loyalty I suppose this is why owners bleed the fans dry, knowing that demand especially at United will always sell tickets). On the other hand, I never spend any cash in the megastore and I try and avoid spending cash inside the ground too if I can. The ST works out £37 per game, which is probably less than half a replica shirt? I suppose my point is that loyal reds could boycott attending or even cancel long held season tickets, but the Glazers would still rake it in from overseas sales and merch. I think that's why I support the recent demo before the Liverpool game and also the #Notapennymore campaign to target sponsors. Both these are noticeable, make the news and therefore morel likely to have an impact.
The caveat to all this is that my response to the ESL business was to say if it goes ahead, I'm out. That would be it for me. It's been a good run. Though I'd feel disappointed that My Grandad probably first watched United in the 1910s, then My Dad, then me, that would be a shame. Then again, I remember my Dad was always said "it's not the same as it was" in the 70s and I imagine that was also said in the 60s, 50s and earlier.

Anway, I digress! I think I'll apply. Anyone know where I can get a green & gold Hazmat suit?

I wonder if they've allowed members to apply to make sure there isn't trouble or boycotts or to just encourage people to buy memberships? Either way, it's not much of a thank you to loyal season ticket holders.
I’m exactly the same as you, including being out completely if the ESL had gone ahead.

I think earlier in the season they said members would get a proportion of tickets as they would a regular game. Still, will be frustrating to miss out next Tuesday despite being a ST holder and some members getting lucky in the ballot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m exactly the same as you, including being out completely if the ESL had gone ahead.

I think earlier in the season they said members would get a proportion of tickets as they would a regular game. Still, will be frustrating to miss out next Tuesday despite being a ST holder and some members getting lucky in the ballot.
I suppose the only reasoning is that the turn around is too tight otherwise?
And in fairness, no-one has paid for their season tickets, or at least have had refunds? So you maintain STH status, but in effect, aren't one. And if anything, members have gone more money in than STH this season :lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Nah, wont be bothering still undecided if ill keep my ticket, defer or just give it up completely, definitely becoming more disillusioned with top level football the older i get.

My tickets in the new Standing rail seats so its enticing me to keep it, decisions.
I will renew mostly due to wanting to experience the safe standing

Have not applied for Fulham - not due to any boycott (I have always been of the opinion that you are better off going to the match and protest within the ground) but because I dont want to go back until things are back to 'normal'

Red Star One

How awful, I was unsuccessful in my 'neutral' tickets application for the Europa League final, and it happens that I will be in Poland anyway around that time. I know it's a long shot and I'm not here to tout or anything, but surely some of the lads that got tickets from United pool will not be able to travel to Gdańsk for all the covid-related mess with tests and so? Fully vaxxed now I'd so love to see the game live really and I wonder if there's any chance