All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
So after this week's announcements, all hope of getting back to Old Trafford this season are basically gone :(

I actually had a call from ticket office this week and was offered a refund on the missed matches from last year which I finally accepted

rotherham_red

So after this week's announcements, all hope of getting back to Old Trafford this season are basically gone :(

I actually had a call from ticket office this week and was offered a refund on the missed matches from last year which I finally accepted
Let's just hope that the bumbling fools in charge don't cock it up further and that we have our STs for next season as normal...

CodeRed

Ah, I wondered why they called. They bloody woke me up as i was asleep from working nightshift. If its a number i dont know, well i'm not going to answer it. I later googled the 0161 number and it came up with Old Trafford.

I'm happy for them to hold onto my money and i'll just pay half of the season ticket cost next year.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ah, I wondered why they called. They bloody woke me up as i was asleep from working nightshift. If its a number i dont know, well i'm not going to answer it. I later googled the 0161 number and it came up with Old Trafford.

I'm happy for them to hold onto my money and i'll just pay half of the season ticket cost next year.
I left them the cash in the hope we would get back this season but decided it's better off in my account than theirs since any return is probably 6 months away now

Good of them to ring to offer the refund anyway, ticket office have dealt with everything very well

always_hoping

Last match I attended was a year ago against Club Brugge. Its mid 90s since I went a year without visiting Old Trafford before.

Hopefully supporters are allowed back to Old Trafford for the start of 2021/22 season.

hp88

Anyone had a call from ticket off today? They have left a voicemail about getting a refund etc... but I have also heard that we are scrapping cards and paper tickets from next season. Guessing it's go to be like using an e-boarding pass like you do with flights.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Anyone had a call from ticket off today? They have left a voicemail about getting a refund etc... but I have also heard that we are scrapping cards and paper tickets from next season. Guessing it's go to be like using an e-boarding pass like you do with flights.
Had the call last week. They offered the refund but I'm happy enough to let them hold onto that so my ST appears cheaper when it comes to payment. Can ring up at any point to instruct the refund so didn't feel the need to.

They didn't mention the e-tickets but I've seen that confirmed online.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hang on, it'll be email tickets?!

That would make it a hell of a lot easier to dish your tickets around, instead of a season of posting them out to pals etc.
But more easy for touts to get involved, as I've always wondered how they get their cards/season tickets back after games?

You'd also feel way less safe getting a glorified email off a tout! Not knowing if they've printed it off 20 times

TMDaines

21/22 season ticket announcement:

Seems reasonable on the whole, but taking the money soon for the whole season up front as per the norm doesn’t seem particularly fair given the likelihood of those season ticket holders actually being able to attend the majority of matches. Still think there is a long way to go in this pandemic before we can see full stadiums being a safe decision.

Andy_Cole

21/22 season ticket announcement:

Seems reasonable on the whole, but taking the money soon for the whole season up front as per the norm doesn’t seem particularly fair given the likelihood of those season ticket holders actually being able to attend the majority of matches. Still think there is a long way to go in this pandemic before we can see full stadiums being a safe decision.
There is this to be fair to the club:

1-Year Break: Season Ticket holders impacted by COVID-19 will be able to take a 1-year break from their Season Ticket. Taking this option will not secure existing seats or prices; instead those selecting this option will be guaranteed a return and able to select from available seats next season with loyalty being retained for 2022/23.

TMDaines

There is this to be fair to the club:

1-Year Break: Season Ticket holders impacted by COVID-19 will be able to take a 1-year break from their Season Ticket. Taking this option will not secure existing seats or prices; instead those selecting this option will be guaranteed a return and able to select from available seats next season with loyalty being retained for 2022/23.
But you lose your seat.

My point is that there is a very good chance the majority of the games are played in front of a small crowd or behind closed doors, yet all season ticket holders still have to pay for the whole season up front. The principle of the club taking money for something they cannot actually assure delivery of as of now is wrong.

The only alternative is that if you seemingly fail a credit check from their finance provider, as a one-off the club will charge you 10x interest-free instalments this season only. That offer should be open to all.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Wonder if anyone could give me bit of information about Manchester United’s season tickets last season, regarding COVID, the Celtic fans are saying, Celtic sold the most season tickets in Europe at full price,(53,000) they are saying only to be offered virtual tickets and not get offered refund, (the club did)

if anyone could tell me how many Manchester United sold, price, if you get MUTV and if club offered refund would be much appreciated, thanks for any help on this matter.

Whatsername

Wonder if anyone could give me bit of information about Manchester United’s season tickets last season, regarding COVID, the Celtic fans are saying, Celtic sold the most season tickets in Europe at full price,(53,000) they are saying only to be offered virtual tickets and not get offered refund, (the club did)

if anyone could tell me how many Manchester United sold, price, if you get MUTV and if club offered refund would be much appreciated, thanks for any help on this matter.
I can’t answer all of your questions but me and my son bought season tickets for last season, for the first time as we only intended going on the waiting list but when I called to do that we were offered two together in the area where we usually sit so we bit the bullet.

The club have refunded all games. Initially it was just a game or two at a time and then a month at a time and then a few weeks ago they refunded up until the end of the season.
I had an email the other week with a link for free MUTV for the next few months I think but I’ve not read it too closely.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
I can’t answer all of your questions but me and my son bought season tickets for last season, for the first time as we only intended going on the waiting list but when I called to do that we were offered two together in the area where we usually sit so we bit the bullet.

The club have refunded all games. Initially it was just a game or two at a time and then a month at a time and then a few weeks ago they refunded up until the end of the season.
I had an email the other week with a link for free MUTV for the next few months I think but I’ve not read it too closely.
No bother, thanks for your help.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But you lose your seat.

My point is that there is a very good chance the majority of the games are played in front of a small crowd or behind closed doors, yet all season ticket holders still have to pay for the whole season up front. The principle of the club taking money for something they cannot actually assure delivery of as of now is wrong.

The only alternative is that if you seemingly fail a credit check from their finance provider, as a one-off the club will charge you 10x interest-free instalments this season only. That offer should be open to all.
What makes you say this bit?
The gov roadmap has restrictions being removed on June 21st at the earliest, so that gives a buffer of 2months until the first games.
Even with the EU messing about a bit, expectation is that every adult will have been offered the vaccination by the end of July too.